Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Taking a break

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Study_Break, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Study_Break

Study_Break Avatar

Maybe I leveled too fast or played too much but I've just lost interest in playing SOTA for now. Just not enough to do at the moment; grinding the same CPs for XP just isn't fun; there's no end point to character progression like there was in UO. Need to let all the noobs have time to catch up too. :p

Appreciate the devs fixing the bugs from recent patches. Hope they take this game in the right direction. They could never go wrong copying much of the content from UO. More dungeons. World bosses. Better random encounters. Better loot system - random loot like in UO where you'd grind or treasure hunt for days just hoping you'd get that ring that perfectly fit your build. Or the dungeon skill scroll system that gave you a reason to keep grinding and drove the economy and skill development. More PVP areas. More monsters. Dynamic monster scaling (to reuse old areas you never visit again). Skill point caps like UO. More players.

Not sure what to play next. Any suggestions? Looking forward to Battlefield. Gonna hold off on Star Citizen til it's actually released. Damn it they need to make Torchlight 3, Diablo 4, and Path of Exile 2 already! Skyrim remastered is catching my eye, dear god the time wasted on that game lol...

All the best,
    Massive

PS. No you can't have my gold or gear or plot. Just taking a break.

Spoon, Time Lord, Acred and 3 others like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

See you soon friend!

Time Lord, Acred, uhop and 1 other person like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

CIV VI is on the way

Oba Evesor, Spoon, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  4. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

A break is often the best medicine, took 6 months off at R14, came back and it was totally worth seeing all the new improvements in one fell swoop.

My games list for 2017...

BF1
    New Civ
    And Crowfall (really hoping they go persistent soon)

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Take care Study Break. Best wishes. I really don't know of anything new to play. One of my friends swears by the new changes to WOW, I know, I know how dare I lol. Ahhh but I had some great times there for about 4 years. You can have your own WOW version of housing, lots of changes and additions he says, but I'm staying here for now. We got lots of new stuff coming in with food and stuff. ;) I don't want to miss anything. Anyway have fun which is the most important thing. :) *cheers*

Time Lord, Acred and Tahru like this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

ARK pvp servers are a good go to game for a break.

Oba Evesor and Time Lord like this.
  7. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Divinity : Original Sin is real good and the 2nd one is Early Access. I put some time in Portal Knights (also Early Access but playable), cute little game. Ember is also a good throwback game, very Baldur's Gate like but with modern graphics (playing this one now).

Themo Lock, Oba Evesor and Time Lord like this.
  8. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I'll be playing Battlefield 1 a lot once it comes out in about a week.

I'm also keeping my eye on Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark. Although, it will be a little while until those come out. Lost Ark looks like it will be absolutely amazing. Both are games with the Diablo style camera angle and combat, but Lost Ark looks like it will be doing it better than Diablo or Path of Exile imo.

9. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

Albion online is coming out of final beta this fall sometime too Massive. It is probably the closest thing to a spiritual successor of UO currently being made. I plan on casually playing this until Albion online is released, then I'll probably play both (If SOTA keeps developing).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.