Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tamed pet combat

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Syznow, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

The new change to have mobs aggro on the pet/summons owner seems excessive for tamers. I like the concept of the mechanic, but now everything aggros on me almost immediately. I can be fighting something and then another will mob attack my pet and then almost immediately seems to aggo on me.

This is exceptionally harsh on tamers who already have a drastically reduced focus when using a pet. My pet barely takes any damage, making pet healing unnecessary, since everythign immediatley aggros on my char.
    I find I spend all my remaining focus healing from all the mobs that have now concentrated their rage on me.

I hope Devs will soon make another pass at fixing taming to be useful and not merely painful. But the double hit of aggro redirecting to the pet owner and the drastic focus reduction given to tamers when using pets makes taming a pretty damaged mechanic at the moment.

I used to be able to at least use my pet to keep away mobs when mining, so that I dould not get interrupted while trying to get those Meticulous collection. Now meticulous collection is a thing of the past since everything zones in on me.

Please take another look at this mechanic with taming.

Chatele, Duke Gréagóir and Numa like this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I agree that this needs to go back. I am at the point of using a Fire Elemental instead of my Obsidian Bear now.

3. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

That is exactly my pet as well, an obsidian bear. I just tried to use the first time for this release and it was like an aggro magnet for me.

Taming definitely needs some love from devs. It not an easy tree to train and you are rewarded with pets so slow they barely arrive to help before you have killed everything yourself and with hits and damage far below those of wild pets of the same type. In addition you lose hundreds of focus points for using a tamed pet and now your char becomes a mob magnet. Pet healing is now a basically useless skill, since the pet never takes much damage before everything aggros on my char.

The only positive thing about this.... you will never outlive you pet and have to suffer its loss :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.