Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tamed pet vanishes when I'm killed

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Celthon, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

I was killed in Dysborg Ruins, and had pet Bear out fighting with me. When I was killed the Bear was still alive and fighting. I moved to resurrection spot and after resurrecting the Bear is gone from the scene -- no corpse, no longer showing on overhead. I try to cast Resurrect Creature and received message in chat window that it failed -- 12 times in a row. If the Bear died after i did, why is there no corpse, so that I may resurrect him?

11/14/2016 8:37 AM
    Title: Tamed pet vanishes when I'm killed
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? Yes, can't use pet after dying/resurrecting.
    Details: I was killed in Dysborg Ruins, and had pet Bear out fighting with me. When I was killed the Bear was still alive and fighting. I moved to resurrection spot and after resurrecting the Bear is gone from the scene -- no corpse, no longer showing on overhead. I try to cast Resurrect Creature and received message in chat window that it failed -- 12 times in a row. If the Bear died after i did, why is there no corpse, so that I may resurrect him?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16328
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 1969
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.416.Date.11.10.16
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_Dysborg
    Area Display Name: Dysborg Ruins
    Loc: (54.4, 69.7, 144.5)

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Does it let you re-summon it by chance?

3. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

I left the scene, then returned and was able to summon. The point of the bug report is that the Bear vanished from the scene when I died...the bear was fighting when I died and if he was killed after I died then a corpse should have been there, and I should have been able to resurrect him. If by chance he survived and did not die then the live Bear should have been there, able to rejoin me when I resurrected at the Ankh.

Also, I do not know if leaving the scene fixed anything -- I left the scene because it's a PvP area and I did not want to leave the Avatar standing there while I was typing the bug report...I type slowly. So I did the bug report (took a few minutes), and then I returned and was able to summon the Bear.

4. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

When you die (before your pet), your pet is instantly dismissed and you can resummon it, it does not continue to fight

Next time you die check your animal whistle, you can see if the pet is still there or lost

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Just noted that this is in the R33 bug forum you might want to put in the R36

6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

you have to wait 15 to 5 min to have again the PET summonable... (Cooldown)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.