Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Taming suggestions

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by waltemus, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waltemus

waltemus Avatar

I've played with taming a bit now. Here's what I've seen and been left wanting:

Seen
    1. It takes a taming collar for each -attempt- to tame a creature instead of every success.
    2. There is no successful taming indicator other than the target disappears.
    3. There is no failure to tame indicator other than the target does not disappear.
    4. You can only have one tame at a time and if you tame another the first is lost.
    5. You only need one summoning whistle to repeatedly call your tame.
    6. The cooldown on Summoning is ridiculous, so I just died repeatedly to reset the timer and work the glyph to level 10.

Like to see
    1. Taming success/failure indicators
    2. Bind a summoning whistle to a specific pet - use a different whistle to call each
    3. Alternately, the ability to stable your current pet and go tame another

Chatele and Fringe like this.
  2. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I was thinking that something that might be useful would be some sort of rare drops off tameable animals.

This object can then be used as a consumable which has a two fold act. One it acts as a calming agent (considered stunned for a couple seconds, which increase with rank) and lowers that creatures ability to resist being tamed (in addition to what is caused by damage). This would provide an additional means to upgrade the taming skill ladder. Could call this skill Luring.

I don't like the idea of killing myself just to reset the timer. Likewise, I have spent the last two weekends farming for silver to make collars. I have made over 100 collars and my current skill level is only 17.

3. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Give taming collar an durability of 10/10 or atleast 5/5.
    The current mats that are needed for just 1 taming collar are silly.
    Or increase the mats needed to craft 1 taming collar by an huge amount but give it an durability of 100/100.

A stable or something similiar would be nice.

Pets should get stronger overtime when training, like in UO.

Focus drain, imo, makes no sense. Are all animals in SotA magical creatures that suck your Focus just for the sake of it?

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.