Target Red reticle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

hhm ty I will pay more attention to what the reticle looks like....

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

hmmm well I noticed when there was 2 fighters, and I lock on one, solid red reticle and I am shooting it, the other fighter that is behind him my arrow will shoot and he is a broken reticle. So why does it do that when I am shooting at the locked target (the non broken reticle one) this happens a lot when there are more then one critter or fighter...

FrostII likes this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

You can have more than one reticle on screen at once? :eek:

4. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

It actually has different shapes?

Amazing. The new things I learn about the game everyday from the tidbits that our community provides.

Flip side?

Some of these info is so obscure that I wonder how were they discovered in the first place.

5. Harclubs

Harclubs Avatar

On the positive side, the new targeting system chooses a target for melee skills when your chosen target (and I use that term very loosely) is beyond melee range. This could pose problems when (and if) targets are crowd controlled in the future (Group: WHY DID YOU HIT THE MEZZED MOB!?!? Sheepish answer: I didn't, my computer did...)

Fister Magee and FrostII like this.
  6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Finally managed to assemble a decent sample set.

First, an example of both reticles in the same pic. The Skeleton Footman in foreground is a SOFT locked one (open reticle), and the Archer inside the adobe house is the one I actually locked with the HARD lock (closed reticle). Notice how the nameplate on top left says "Arciere" (Archer) and has full health, while the footman in front of me is damaged and has a different name. In this picture, I'd try and hit the Archer, but since it's out of view, my attacks will go to the Footman (that's why it's damage):

[​IMG]

The same Footman, this time HARD locked. Notice the difference in the reticle shape, and the nameplate correctly reflecting its name & hit points. Now it's the direct object of my violence:

[​IMG]

Inside the house, next to a yet-to-be-awakened Footman. The soft lock, broken reticle:

[​IMG]

And the complete reticle. In both cases, being the only target in sight, I'd hit it with my attacks and skills:

[​IMG]

Hope it helps.

Bow Vale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.