1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Taxed place anywhere water Deeds/Tax free pot water deeds

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CICI, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iain

Iain Avatar

CiCi i get that, im in favour of that quite frankly. let folk invest and make the game better. but..... and i know it was 7 years ago but we gave our cash in return for favours. it is not a game changer to allow this promise to be kept. i agree let the plots go and tax them but let the original perk be maintained. taxes are so very cheap nowadays too. gone are the days where you had to work to maintain your taxes. taxes are so very cheap nowadays.
    i remember Elgarion speak about being virtuous and i truly believe a promise should be a promise, if a grown up or someone else who may be fiscally responsible made a decent argument against this then i would probably fold but when someone doesn't justify or indeed fails to argue sufficiently against this promise AND insinuates i and other backers are not more relevant makes me want to object.
    at the beginning when the game was being made and we were asked to back the game, nowhere did it say in the future we will become irrelevant.
    i have taken a step back, breathed and responded in a manner that is suited for this conversation.

i do not want to allow deeds that were promised to backers to become worthless trinkets. allow EP 2 towns and all pots to have tax free water lots by all means.
    i will however still continue to play the game regardless but i will think of virtues being broken and promises thrown away

Lord Stein and Wilfred like this.
  2. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

My input, been here from day one and have spent major money on this game and I say let it be. We have as kick starters got the game to here so far, but we need more players and if they want water deeds let them have it!

Have to admit as owner of Dark Bayou which is all about water lots it would help me get more residents but think so many other items have been already been released to the general public that I would have no problem with it, and actually think it would help the game and the community.

Do like seeing new names, and as a angler and deco guy do like seeing more fishing and doing deco!

But like the song says, let it be....., time for the new folks to get in and explore and love the game like we do.

Lord Stein, Wilfred, CICI and 4 others like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

At the very minimum, people should be able to upgrade their POT water deeds to be tax free.

4. Iain

Iain Avatar

@Barugon i couldn't agree more. let it be as Fiero says

Lord Stein and Wilfred like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

If there truly is a new community demand for deeds for NPC towns, I would not have an issue with Catnip selling new Episode 2 pledges with tax-free lots that are limited to 'NPC towns only' (no POTs). This would honor the 'place anywhere' agreement some feel that Catnip needs to hold to.

Driving land use in NPC towns (vs. POTs) to help populate 'main' towns seems like a good idea at this point.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Lord Stein, Wilfred and Sorgin Txakal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.