1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Tear Down the Walls! (Update on Pre-Placed Keep & Castle Lot Walls)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Godra This issue has always been there for every lot. The Keep walls just generally made it more difficult to notice, as you couldn't open the gate until everything had loaded.

The main issue I've seen (for all lots, again) is that loading seems slower in this release than prior releases, so this effect is particularly noticeable.

2. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

@DarkStarr , I just stumbled across this post as I was researching how to decorate my castle walls I just crafted and enclosed my two village lots with. While I am happy for the lords and ladies of the land regarding this change, I am wondering about the lowly peasants like myself who scrape and scrounge to get two village lots together, craft walls to enclose them only to find out I can't decorate them. :( Is this going to be changing in the near future? what can I expect regarding this issue ? On another note you guys are doing a great job creating this game I am looking forward to it going full release :) :) cheers :)

Numa likes this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

From what I can remember from telethon discussions on this topic, they don't have any plans to allow decorations to be placed on walls yet due to performance. Being such an open surface area, it would easily be possible to put a ton of deco items that need to render for everyone and that would kill performance and frame rates.

Barugon and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  4. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Thanks for the answer to my question :) Well....That sucks although I understand. they are working hard to go release so priorities and all that but this is definitely on my list of things I would love to see happen (deco castle walls) As far as these two lots and the current walls on them goes...... I don't know what I am going to do yet. those walls look so bare with nothing up there. I may just take them down and go a different route.

5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Ardoris now looks like crap with this change hope yall are happy at making the game uglier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.