Tech Talk Tuesday(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Violation Clauth, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

So... my question about if there still exists some P2P behaviour or it's all centralized now was put on that list and ignored or never got in?

Time Lord and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  2. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Hey - it's Tuesday ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Decay is definitely only on applied XP.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Good question. I can say from my own experience that raising attunements seemed to make a huge difference in terms of crits.

5. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

@Violation Clauth , @Chris
    Can we ask why my 6 second stun on chain lighting, only last 1 second on mobs?
    Do i need 120 in Raid Discharge for 100% effectiveness?

This is not just an Air school issue, I've noticed this for all stuns.

If this is a stat issue, shouldn't air tree check dex/int vs target instead of str?

Ty. I know you have a long list of potential question, thanks for considering.

edit: (have 160 air attune, 160 dex 100 int)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. null2

null2 Avatar

If you have QA access you might want to report this as a bug. I have reported it for trip on mobs. I have found that the only thing that has the correct stun duration on mobs is body slam. But, even when mobs are knocked down they will move on the ground lol.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

@Kigu Starfish (Kor)
    sadly i do not have access.
    i've been filling up the bug forums lately.

It's shocking how many basic skills dont function correctly or dont factor in.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I have had this on the list for a few months... who knows if we'll ever get around to it... oh wait: I'll kick off next week's "QUESTIONS FOR CHRIS!" with this one... the goal will not be to get answers; however, we'll need an answer or two for people to know why specific questions are important... so ... this will be a good template question for us :) thanks!

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

@Chris, the opposition schools in your example for melee are kind of odd, since weapons do not oppose each other. What about something like this:

.................(-)
    .................Sun
    .......(Blade)..........(Shield)
    .........Fire.............Earth
    (Blunt).........................(Heavy)
    .Death...........................Life
    .......(Pole)...........(Light)
    .........Air.............Water
    ................(Bow)
    .................Moon

This actually makes opposition of weapons and armor types. Polearms bypass Shields, Blades are best against Light armor, Bludgeons against Heavy Armor. (This worked better with a Medium armor tree to oppose Bow, but still works.)

Time Lord and fonsvitae like this.
  11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

The combat isn't directly defective based on armor used... It seems like you're showing how to compete against the weapon.

I believe we have plate/chain/leather/cloth as 4 types in the code already (just look how patterns work for leather and not cloth...). So that's not an issue to get 4 v 4 ... I just think he's going a bit more specific and fine tuned than that, based on his comments, where a single skill gets set to have multipliers vs the 3 types of armor used (plate/chain/gambeson) that is a zero sum of 1. Then the skill tree follows a ruleset similar to how magic works where you get a heavy upfront vs a sustained... Not opposite in standard gaming but it is here in sota... Make sense?

Agree? Disagree?

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Sure, but it needs to have a "in general" rule. And using the four types precludes shield, which polearms are already strong against.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

What I took away from the classification wasn't opposition of weapons versus armours. I understood the classification as weapons and similar skills and results to magic schools. Chris's comments were more directed towards things like blades are similar in function to fire because they do dots. Blunts were like earth because of the stunning damage they do. Etc.

However if you wanted an opposition setup and to superimpose this an the same classification system, I would propose a third tier or circle. Then you have magic, weapons, and armour each being able to appear opposite, and you don't' have to mess with weapons choices like blunt being with death but having totally different kinds of functionality and wondering how they got classified together?

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

plate/chain/gambeson/shield ;) there's 4 based on the original combat sigil... Which would still work for today.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

16. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

I would like to ask about global cooldowns - how long they last (does it depend on the cooldown/level of a skill, how about if it's locked vs. unlocked on a deck, etc.), what they apply to, etc.

This came up recently because some of the new skills (Fireflies, Meteor Shower) seem to have brutally long global cooldowns (~3-5 seconds) when locked on a deck.

And when you're on global cooldown, you cannot even use free attack.

17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I've been playing with debuffers and would like some more info. I got my break armor up to skill 70 and at GM it looks like it will grand a -10 resist debuff on the mobs with a 3 stack. We can add to that the combo that looks like is starts at -6.5 debuff. But, when I get a tripple stack of break armor (-7ish resist), it really doesn't seem to help that much. Im not sure its worth using. Is there a scenario that Chris can think of where using these may really help?

specifically not worth the time dropping it on a mob vs reward. The cool down seems like it should be shorter, after the third stack, there is a good 2-3 seconds before I can even use a skill.

The math's for this would be nice.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

20. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I'm liking the proposed changes for weapon/armor specific effects. However, if we are going to do that, I say go ahead and make those positional changes to polearms as well.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.