1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Temporary compass

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Aldo, Dec 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I wish I could have a temporary marker within a zone that I can set to be able to return to the same location. This would be very useful especially when shopping. Say I am price shopping for an item, searching vendor after vendor. I could set a mark on the lowest price found and continue my search till worn out. There on my compass is the red star marking the last vendor visited with the latest mark. This marker works just for me, only while in the scene.
    Another mode could a temporary marker dynamic which could be used for player quests within a scene. Players could find a marker activator on their quest, click on it and get a temporary mark on the compass to the next location and so on.
    These are two examples of temporary marker use. My mind is full of other uses, but keeping this short.

Anpu, Lilith Ayin and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Toular

Toular Avatar

That's something Lua could easily do, except for the temporary mark on the compass. Lua could however create a directional indicator that would provide the same end result.

I may play with that this week

Aldo likes this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Sounds great!! Hope something comes of this.

4. Toular

Toular Avatar

Got a "proof of concept" for a few "pins" around my house:
    [​IMG]
    Needs some polish.

Aldo and Anpu like this.
  5. Toular

Toular Avatar

One problem with this - which I suspected when I started this little project - is that some scenes are rotated differently than others. For example, in Celestis the "X" coordinate is North/South but in Greymark Forest"X" is East/West. That's going to complicate things ... like ... a lot.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.