Tenants of P.O.T.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Xandra7, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I have been looking for official information regarding how much control POT owners have over their tenants, and either I am not looking in the right places or not much information yet?

Will there be a contract enforceable through game mechanics between owner and tenant, or will tenants go in with no expectations or security that they own a home from one day to the next.

cobran likes this.
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The way it stands now, town owners have complete control of who gets a plot, and can revoke the plot at any time.
    There are no other controls.

Duke Albert, smack and E n v y like this.
  3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

They unlock lots for other players to use deeds on, but I know of no explicit details regarding if the Town Owners can just evict any one they want, at a moments notice.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I believe they can lock and unlock lots anytime they want.

5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Actually, other than what is written about them in the Addon-store, there is absolutely nothing confirmed. Even the store is vague at best. All I know is that there will be templates for the towns rather than full customization's and that the lots can be given or taken by the POT owner. I think every POT owner has a different expectation since there is so little understanding of it. Some POT owners are already selling spots despite not knowing for sure most of the details. I think everyone is just hopeful it will work out well. I have a lot of hopes as well, but little expectation.

smack and Sir Frank like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So far every time this has been mentioned in the hangouts it is that the owner can lock or unlock at any time.

This is both bad and good.
    The bad is that there is no game-enforced security for tenants.
    The good though is that the only places that can get rid of trolls are POTs. This is what Portalarium goes back to. In the history if older worlds trolls could take over and pester whole neighborhoods forcing those who lived here to move or guild up.

Which means that if you make your claim in a player-run town or NPC town then those places will not have an owner.
    So you cannot be evicted, but that goes for everyone around you as well, including griefers.

And if you make your claim in a player-owned town then it does have an owner.
    Which means that if a griefer moves in next to you, there is someone to go to, but that goes for you as well.

There will be lots of drama waiting to enfold in POTs.
    But to most POTs their reputation is everything, and a POT that have a reputation for kicking people out will soon be very empty.

Now being a POT owner myself I'd like there to be functionality with some checks and balances to give tenants a higher security. Like a rental contract, so that as long as you follow the rules set by the contract you are secure.
    But that doesn't seem likely for E1.
    Instead what seems to be in the plans is rental agreements not for lots but for houses. So maybe that will be the way to go to have some extra security.

7. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

If I place my own lot deed/home in my own POT can I rent it out and give full access to the owner without me being able to enter the home. Id like to rent out houses along with my POT land. Cant find any guidance on this. Any help is appreciated!

8. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I only think POT owners control who owns the pot. I don't think you can go inside the house and move items or take them. If that is what you are asking.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Nothing concrete yet.
    But in the Q4 2014 plans they had this:

"Housing: Permissions for property will greatly expand to better support groups sharing property, including tools to rent rooms and set “per area/room” permissions. Property ownership will now incur regular fees (unless you are using a tax free deed from a pledge). If the fees are not paid the player will lose their claim and their possessions (including the house and decorations) will be moved to their bank. As part of all this, we will also begin facilitating storing and moving houses (with all associated decorations)."

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/q4-schedule.15280/

Now that didn't make it and looking at the Q1 2015 schedule it's not in there. (Yet) I think they need to sort out pledge items and banking fully before.

So that should at least give us a hint where they wish to go.

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  10. Lained

Lained Avatar

You can add other players to your house permissions with varying levels of access, though I'm not sure if you can revoke your own access.

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  11. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Hopefully I can figure something out in the mechanics to make this possible. Would love to have actual rent houses basically. Would make for an interesting economic feature of the game.

Spoon, Jatvardur and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.