Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tennibris Habor - Virtue, Watchers and the Like

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Aartemis, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

@Lum the Mad Can you perhaps help me, or shed some light on the following scenario?

I posted this in Feedback because I am having trouble testing it properly to find out if things are working as intended or not.

So I was adventuring in Tennibris Harbor collecting Metal Scraps about a week ago and afterwards my Virtue went from Purple/Blue on my Cloak to Red. I have worked T-Harbor a lot and have never taken any sort of virtue hit in the past. Doing the Daily Oracle Test, I see that my TRUTH Principle is now off the path (the other two remain strong).

So this leads me to a conclusion, I lost virtue from 1 of 3 things:

1. Looting the corpses of the Dead Guards
    2. Stealing armor and weapons from the shops.
    3. Accidentally killing Watchers because they ran at me while in combat with the Bandits.

Ok, so, One, I can see, not very virtuous to loot a corpse of a guard.

Two, Looting the Shops... I'm kind of on the fence here as the Bandits have taken over the zone so in reality these are not functioning shops, but instead pillaged plunder of the Bandits. Perhaps I am taking it to keep the bandits from getting it?? Could apply to #1 as well.. Maybe I'm returning it to family members?? I'm not of course but perhaps...

Three, Killing a careless Watcher, no way I should be taking a hit for that.

I would LOVE to do more testing here, and offer advise but I am not seeing or finding a way to raise my TRUTH virtue so that I can do this again, and again until I find my way.

So ONE, is there in the game right now a way to raise my TRUTH Virtue. You don't have to tell me how and spoil it for others, but I'd rather not spend time searching for something that is not there.

TWO, If I am taking virtue hits for looting Guards or Stealing from a "Dungeon Zone" where all the inhabitants are MOBS, could there perhaps be a COUNTER system in place what that killing said Bandits in THIS zone could offer TRUTH virtue to counter any thefts, OR maybe there could be survivors of the raid on this town that I could offer money or sashes too in order show my support and counter negative actions caused by looting shops in this sieged village??

Anyhow, even if that is a future option, having a way now to restore positive virtue would be great to know.

Thanks for reading!

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I feel like I'm being virtuous by killing bandits and returning all the scene items to the economy.

moko, Kara Brae and Aartemis like this.
  3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Thanks SO much for these links! Now that I see them, I remember them being posted but I never had a problem so I did not follow so closely.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The fiction of Tenebris Harbor is that, until very recently, it's been a fully-functioning town, with happy residents and merchants eager for trade. And then all these bandits stormed into town, killing everyone and ransacking the place. Looking around, the buildings and other structures are still in place and in fine shape. This isn't a community that's been overrun for decades or even years, but weeks, at best. The objects on shelves and tables aren't ancient relics, but owned property. Within Tenebris Harbor, if you didn't put it there then it's not yours and taking it is stealing and unvirtuous.

...At least with today's rules. Things may change when we get around to uncloning Tenebris Harbor and fleshing out that scene better. :)

6. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Thanks so much for the reply.

I do have one question... As the watchers are OUTSIDE and all the Shopkeeper are deceased... Who is recording my dis-virtue?
    -OR- Is any action no matter witnessed or not a mark for or against my Virtue. I think I know the answer, and I am OK with it, just looking for clarification..

7. Sannio

Are there bandits witnessing you perform unvirtuous actions? That'd be my guess.

Aartemis likes this.
  8. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Not for long..and they don't get to tell anyone. (just sayin). :D

Really Appreciate your input on this @Sannio
    Thanks again!

9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Do bandits report to the oracle? The only way I understand virtue levels is that NPCs, watchers and now bandits must be reporting to the oracle who I assume keeps tabs. Then she downloads my virtue score to NPCs so they know how virtuous I am? Confusing!

Kara Brae likes this.
  10. Sannio

The bandits like gossiping about what they see outlanders doing, and the oracle keeps an eye on what the bandits are saying, so....

Aartemis, moko and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I finally understand:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.