Test heraldry in offline mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilith Ayin, Oct 26, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I am creating a heraldry, and I have followed the steps in the "Heraldry Blazon Guidelines" to put the heraldry in the appropriate folder for testing in offline mode. I have created a character for it.
    I thought that when I tried a heraldry tabard eternal pattern from the COTO Store (try it from the store window, not buy it) I could see my design, but it is not like that.
    So should I buy a tabard and modify it to apply the design? In offline mode I have no gold or COTOS, how can I do it then?

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

To see the your heraldry you do indeed need to apply a heraldry pattern to an item, using the preview in the CotO store will only display the item without the heraldry applied.

Without going out and adventuring to gain either you could have someone you know who already has heraldry items test in offline for you or possibly try offline on the Player Test Environment (QA Server).

Lilith Ayin likes this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

The QA idea was good, but in offline QA I also have no gold or COTOS, and I also don't know anyone to ask to prove my heraldry. But I really appreciate your suggestions, thank you!
    In any case, is it possible to change the heraldry once I have it on the live server if I haven't been able to test it before and I don't like how it looks?

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

ah, I wasn't sure if the extra crowns QA provides also goes to offline avatars.
    Feel free to send me the image if you'd like me to test for you, I've plenty of heraldry items I can access in offline mode and can shoot some video for you to see.
    Once locked and approved on live there's a game service voucher to unlock and resubmit, I think in the past they've done it for free if you screwed something up like transparency but that's why they added the offline test procedure to limit additional work to approve.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

cotos drop like candy in offline, even in lower-level scenes. it shouldn't take very long to save enough from adventuring to buy a pattern.

Lilith Ayin and Anpu like this.
  6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Done, many thanks to Lained for testing my heraldry! :):)

Anpu and Lained like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.