1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Testing Incentives Program Reinstated (as a Lottery)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Reasons already stated above so i won't duplicate in-depth discussion, but this is a slap in the face to people who actually bughunt (as quality/quantity is not considered), and will produce more low effort bugs (since people only need "one", they won't waste time researching complex issues) and who went above and beyond previously (some hundreds of hours) to earn their rewards that are now a lottery.

Re-releasing previous prizes that were merit given, as luck given, is insulting. If you want players to put in time, put in 1 hour of work to make a new prize or cosmetically alter them (palette swap even).

I also echo the above that without a usable, searchable bug tracker, you will continue to get crap. The forum search is inadequate.

2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hey testers! Release 47 was so epic, we will not be able to get the previously queued awards to you until early next week. Apologies for the delay on this round!

3. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

Did the winners get picked or next week when you can award them?

4. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

@DarkStarr

Just talking economics, when you make a change like this where a tiny minority got to the Corpion chair and then you remove all possibility of achieving it, even thought I have over +300 bugs reported in Live and QA, its a kick in the nuts. Its very close to inside trading since that chair will most likely be sold int the RMT world. No more testing for me, its a complete waste of time. This was my last trip on the QA, didnt even know about these changes till I was asked why im reporting every single item that isnt placeable as deco (WE WERE TOLD TO DO IT LIKE THAT FFS) and im asked if im hording bugs from live to post on QA.... who even asks that... just take my bug and stfu. And then im told that it all gets bunched up into 1 bug at my detriment when others arent told so and get the full amount of bugs they post. If im supposed to "trust" them to be doing lotteries after all the debacle of people hording bugs and screwing over other people by not only stealing their bugs but also having the people who check them tell you its working as intended when its clearly a bug or that they tell you its working as intended but then when their 'friend' reports the bugs, it gets accepted..... or your bug is ignored but their friend's gets accepted even thought it came in later...

I want my cotos. I want my bugs listed somewhere public and everyone elses, I want to see the corruption that is actually going on in this section of the game. When you click a harvestable and it fails and says 'unable to obtain' and then you have someone tell you its not a bug, you just have to move.... come the fck on.... what kind of BS is that. Its a bug if its not doing what its intended to do. Not to mention the amount of bugs I post for QA that get completely ignored. Im not pissed or anything, im just stating it like it is. I wanted the corpion chair because I knew it would be limited and would sell for a lot, now there are even less and are more valuable, that is what I call insider trading. GFY

I want my corpion chair, I want my cotos. I dont want duplicates of everything I already have. I dont want to test for over 10 hours and report over 10 bugs just to have someone who reported 1 stupid useless bug win something and I get the shaft because lottery....

This new system will attract bad testers and push your good testers away. GG and roflmao

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess a good game isn't incentive enough.

Caree Death and liz_the_wiz like this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

This isn't a rabbit hole you want to go down.

Koldar and Fister Magee like this.
  7. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I would like to know how you have posted 300+ bugs when your message count is 183 currently?

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not otherwise defending him at all, but there's something buggy about the message counts.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Had a much longer reply -

ITYS when you opened it up to everyone -

Now I will never get a chance at some of the higher earned rewards for bugs - ah well

What are they going to be worth $1,000 ????

Sad how thing get rare tags here and it seems to be the same people over and over who have them . . .

I know you cannot please everyone but really should stop pissing everyone off. (accept for 2 or 3 peeps)

10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

yuggule oh muggle ity sydt trey

Fister Magee likes this.
  11. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I agree, its not transparent. We couldnt see how many of our bugs were actually counted if any.

Bow Vale likes this.
  12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

My post count would probably be triple what it is but much of the threads I have posted in get archived.

13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im pretty sure the archive messages are counted as they just get moved to an area called archive not removed from the forum

14. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

already over 260.... humm..... strange isnt it?

the filter bubble algorithm strikes again??? are we in a bubble??!?!

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

No thread/post is removed from the forum. I used to primarily post in PvP threads. Many would be 200+ pages before they were archived. My post count is about half of what it should be.

16. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

No one owes bug hunters anything. Either help develop the game by reporting bugs or don't.

Anyone who hunts bugs is not, was not and never will be entitled to extra gifts in perpetuity. Either help develop the game by reporting bugs or don't.

Do I seem fed up with the continued wailing and gnashing of teeth over this? You betcha I am. :mad:

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but this is where it all goes awry - Bug hunters where rewarded on a basis of the total count of bugs they reported that where valid.

I do not remember the items and the count but I am sure someone else has it saved and could post the info . . .

This is what some of the posters here are a little miffed at.

Originally bug hunting was done to better the game - then they introduced rewards (bug reporting most likely slacked off). Then they let information get out that could have (and was) used like insider trading. Instead of fixing the leak they opened up QA and bug reporting to ALL. Now they got overwhelmed with minutia and players just reporting things that are either already covered or just pointless.

So once again they had to fix something, and in doing so affect a group of players, and rewarded others.

Sadly this offset seems to affect the same groups the same way, and it is leaving bad tastes in the mouths of a good sized group of players.

18. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Sorry but you are conflating two different issues.

The problem with *insider trading* that I believe you are referring to resulted from Obsidian Ingots needing more fragments to make. This information was only available on QA when it was Dev+ only. People who had access to QA could go to the release side and craft their ingots for 100 fragments and get ahead of the change. Additionally, the change was listed in the release document and that document was ONLY available to QA testers when the document was ONLY on Dev+. As a result of the Dev+ community pointing out that this was a huge problem, QA was opened up to everyone and so was the release document.

That was not a *bug* and had ZERO to do with bug hunting or the rewards program.

19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I never said it was a bug just that it caused them to make changes to fix how information was handled and as a result it greatly affected bug reporting . . . . Drifting OT but my point is they are making changes to "fix" things or to make the work as intended and as a result are negatively affecting players, and they are doing it more and more.

20. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Respectfully, you are conflating two issues again.

The Testing Incentive Program is not *really* negatively affecting anyone except people who seem to think that what? It should have stayed suspended so no one has a chance to win anything? If it was reinstated it should have remained the same? If it was reinstated as a lottery they should have added back in the furniture?

No one is *entitled* to bug hunting rewards. The original program lasted a year. The new program is here. At the risk of sounding...rude...get over it already. If anyone wants a chance at winning what is now being offered, bug hunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.