1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Testing Incentives Program Reinstated (as a Lottery)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

My view is if you don't like what is on offer and how it is done.......don't submit the bugs, spend your time playing the game as intended.

2. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

3. Filter Bubble Algorithm

just an example of the bullshit going on;
    "[NEW] Fully-mitigated fall damage while stealthed will unstealth you." from https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EQczZJxj38npLbysCEjSa_xiWwx7jQ9zFgvX9yPg2xY/pub
    published known issues from release 47.... an issue I bugged a LOOOOOOOONG time ago twice....
    This has been an issue for at least 10 releases and they keep telling us that it was intentional.... "working as intended".... and now its a bug....... pathetic
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...l-breaks-stealth-when-fall-damage-is-0.72094/

dunno how my 2nd bug report got lost or something or deleted

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-no-damage-unstealths-you.101463/#post-886683

this [removed word by [Berek] is getting old, you whiners want more? I can find plenty but im not here for that, Im here for all the players that got screwed over and dont care enough to come here and bitchslap you all with some facts and reality

ffs I even did my own due diligence and gave credit to the guy who talked about it in feedback forum..... not a lot of that going on around here in these forums......

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2017
    TheBalance likes this.
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sorry I don't see the "negatively effects players" argument. This is still early access and everything is subject to change as we "test" the game and IMPROVE it. Folks that don't get it IMO, should wait till the devs officially say the game is launched.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Winners for QA 47 will be picked and announced today. Thank you everyone for your patience in their delivery.

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please don't rely on the post count system as that tracks general forum discussion posts, not bug reports. This is only a default generic forum posting tracker, not something we use for the TIP.

We apologize for the changes in our targeting of some of these issues. Sometimes they are working as intended in one instance, and then when we fix or update connected features and content, it unfortunately causes a break to something like this.

Fortunately, most of these decisions and their consequences are dealt with as we find them. There are still delays though and sometimes a bug won't get fixed for a release or two... or even more. We thank you for your patience as our team is small and can't get to them all right away.

This is where we need you! Please keep reporting bugs and informing us of what has changed and been fixed, or hasn't been... that's what's most important here, not arguing among each other about points and status and our struggle to keep up. We are trying and very sorry for any bumps along the way.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

You won an ant cloak. Not sure why you are going on about BS or getting screwed over.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...testing-incentive-winners.103153/#post-896555

But by all means, please stop testing if that'll make you a happy camper.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. Filter Bubble Algorithm

BS?? Its pretty apparent that you havent been reading rigorously enough. The SCREWING OVER isnt about the loots. Its about the bug stealing 'record keeping' BS. Please do you part when posting in a thread and actually READ the stuff that is written. And using different color schemes wont make you 'more' right

Once again, this isnt about me, I already have all that junk. This is about a lot of other people who just wanted simple things like the Royal pest controller title or the faerie chair etc. and they got the shaft because of people stealing bugs. Everytime someone sees me with the Royal pest controller title, they mention how they got shafted.

Dont kid yourself, the game is released no matter how you slice it.

9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm not kidding myself at all. It's released when the company SAYS it is, not you , not websites, not reporters, not anyone. There is nothing to slice.

10. Filter Bubble Algorithm

If they are selling the game, its released. Dont kid youself.

Disgruntled likes this.
  11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

BS. I'll give one examle. ARK:Survival early access for years. Officially released by the company as fully completed August, 2017, collected money the whole time. They did an "Early Access" release thru Steam of a game still in development and not fully released

You can keep kidding yourself all you want, you can believe what you want. Doesn't make it true. The game company says it's not fully released, it's not fully released.

Things like Steam's Early Access and Crowded funded games have changed the terminology a bit with some Developers going away from the Alpha/Beta names, to early access.

I'm too old to kid myself, I deal in realities. This company says it's not released, I take them at their word, they are making the game. After that I decide if I'm going to hang and help or come back later when it is a fully released game.

And if it's released how come we're missing a whole lot of things and haven't received our physical items. I know, because the company hasn't released the game yet.

12. Filter Bubble Algorithm

You are just proving yourself to be a 'useful idiot'.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot
    I want to be nice about this, I not saying this as an insult, im saying it as a factual term that is precisely used for this kind of stuff.

Early access, alpha, beta testing are terms used when you arent selling anything. They are selling the game, they are selling items, they are selling all kinds of stuff: its released. Stop derailing the thread please. Stop using the 'new' terminology that has a specific purpose to obfuscate reality. This isnt early access, this is a released game that was unfinished. Accept it or deny it, you cant use terms and change the meaning of them to suit your marketing campaign, cause its will just be only that; a marketing campaing with a unique goal of selling you an unfinished game. If you are selling, its released. Once again, please dont derail the thread. Id be happy to comment on your thread if you started one about this. (im sure there are already plenty)

13. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Okay so the main complaint here is that the system of giving out rewards based on bug counts didn't work well for Port and it didn't work well for the players.... Problem identified. No longer an issue. Port stopped giving out rewards that way.

They tried something and it didn't work well. Now they are trying something different. There was never any guarantee that they would continue the old system indefinitely. Just like there isn't any guarantee that they will continue this system.

UPSHOT - Dont get your heart set on getting pixel crack for bug testing.

14. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

No matter how you slice it it is insulting. Try some reading ..Early Access

Early access
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the video game industry term. For the scientific journal publishing term, see Electronic publishing.
    Early access, early funding, alpha-access or paid-alpha is a funding model in the computer game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the various development cycles (pre-alpha, alpha, beta) and obtain access to the pre-full-release versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials in the game. The early-access approach is a common way to obtain funding for indie games and may also be used along with other funding mechanisms, including crowdfunding.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

When the game launches. What will be different for our characters?

Nothing will be removed. Anything and everything we do from the day the game went persistent will still be there.

Call it what you want but for everyone that is playing the game is live.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And a year after "Commercial Launch" no one will care.

Sentinel2 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

No they will be saying we are in early access for Episode 2

Disgruntled likes this.
  18. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I say we HAD a bad release that flew under the radar for many ;)

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, it's live but it's still early access. What you can expect are polish, balance and some new features for release. Release being defined as when Portalarium decides the game is at a state where they can call it done and actively advertise it.

20. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I would have to agree with this. After Port announces their Commercial Launch, I don't think anyone will care.

In fact, it occurred to me that we will have the benefit to help other's new to the game succeed as we've been going at it for more than a year now. I've seen some new players with very low stats in Tier 5 zones. I always warn them (when I notice that is). I've even walked a few of them to scenes more appropriate to their level.

Don't want them to get destroyed and discouraged :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.