Testing Incentives Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkStarr, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Seems I missed out as well this time. Maybe we need more than 5 hrs? @Berek is there another pass at the rewards or have we missed something?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Attenwood I can confirm that as of tonight I am still missing the QA rewards (if they have been awarded yet). Thanks!

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Not all rewards have been fully processed yet for R36 work done.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for the response. :)

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Pest controller titles should get their own special color, like maybe something greenish.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

UPDATE: We have had quite a few reports come in from players that believe that their time playing QA has gone unrewarded. We believe this may be due to some miscommunication about what is actually being tracked for participation each release.

Forum participation: Forum participation per new release will always measure the last full cycle of participation. In the instance of Release 38 going live, paerticipation in the Dev+ R37 and Live R37 forums will be tallied. Not Dev+ R38.

QA Participation: The query used to track QA participation will actually run for the current QA cycle, separate from the above. In this instance, the participation rewards for R38 will include recorded time in the R38 QA server.

This could be the cause for confusion if believed rewards should be from a previous participation cycle. As ever, if you believe that you did not receive the participation rewards you expected, contact rromero@portalarium.com directly with your case for review and resolution.

Thank you all, again, for participating in QA and working to make this project amazing.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Interpitation -
    Bug Reporting and those rewards are one cycle behind - Trinkit rewards are one month back R37QA = R38 Rewards
    Coto's for QA participation for current cycle - R38QA = R38 Cotos

Now the question about the "trinket" rewards - once I get to tier 1? - I keep going higher not repeating for each QA so are they stacking? Or do I have to do 125 bug reports each time to hit tier 5? Not really feasible.

Koldar, Net and liz_the_wiz like this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Pretty sure it would be cumulative as far as the "trinket" rewards are concerned because the OP stated that we "rank up" through these rewards.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Small note, DarkStarr said you'd have a tracker which also discounts idle avatars. I think that might also be part of the feeling. For instance when I do bug reporting sessions I usually spend more time in the forum writing the bug report, adding pictures, etc than I do actually running around in the game. As such I'd guesstimate that my idle time in QA is about 50% of my QA online time.

Sean Silverfoot, Net and liz_the_wiz like this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im with you @Spoon, I think theres a lot of 10 minute stops while you type it up, are they enough of an idle to bring in the you stopped too long timer?, but its also that the rewards arent for the week or so just gone in QA but a month and week ago.... and really how sure are we of the hours we did.. they start getting hazy, it may felt like we did half the weekend, but maybe the phone went you had to go out, or whatever, and I think there are huge levels of complexities we probably havent even thought of.

I still think the fact we get anything is a blessing, most companies have not really ever given out stuff for testing for generic patches along the way.. we are still in beta after all, and some companies have maybe let you in a month before a release, and given you some small "you tested" reward, maybe dependant on hours in game, but you almost usually got a number of tokens you can spend on like anything from 1 lame potion to 1 decent piece of armour. Where as we're seeing opprotunities all the time to get items in beta, and keep them for live later, for rewards for reporting bugs and money for helping test.. to me this is a hugely generous act, unparalleled in anything else Ive played.

Sean Silverfoot and Spoon like this.
  11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Its cumulative

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea @Spoon , I feel your pain.
    When I include a video clip I spend a bunch of time trimming, editing, uploading, etc.... It really adds up.

Net, Spoon and LoneStranger like this.
  13. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Is your ant farm flagged PvP?!!

Now someone needs to write a mini-game involving players who were shrunk by magic and placed into the ant farm. The spell/game should have a time limit to try and accomplish some goal inside the ant farm, perhaps build something, or try to reach something in the maze. Players can fight each other while inside, and of course, battle the ants! ;D Obviously, other players not in the game, who were not 'shrunk' should be able to observe the game by looking at the ant farm.. :D

Zader and liz_the_wiz like this.
  14. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Finding a way out before being killed by a warrior ant. Don't go in the queen's chamber. Oh, and hope a player on the outside hasn't plugged up the exit hole with his finger.

Zader and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  15. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Personally, I was surprised to get the COTO reward for working the QA.
    I did like it, and it is worth more to me than a hat or other deco item, however, I would like to keep doing the QA a couple of hours a week, just to help out the game growth.

16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks CrandalltheFoole for helping out here! Whether it's for a reward or not, we appreciate all the QA effort you can provide. Our QA team led by @Attenwood most definitely thanks you!

17. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I want those bug paintings, I will buy them if anyone wins them.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Jump on QA (when it's available), test and file bug reports.

19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

The paintings are visible in my house in Somnium Mala just south of Brittany, but dey be mine!!!! I likey them on my walls. :)

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did giving away COTOs for testing on QA end? I haven't gotten any for the last couple releases and I'm pretty sure that I was on QA long enough.

Net and Lord Stein like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.