Testing Incentives Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkStarr, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

One way you can track your bugs is to use the forum, if you look at "your content" and look at the threads started, I could find I logged about 40 bugs in the last month.. Problem is, you need to pay attention. Then you run into the dups, Id like to think if I posted 100 bugs that people have already posted they dont count.

As @Net says, id rather log 20 quality bugs than 30 crappy ones.

However, I think if people could see their bug counts properly people would log crappier ones just to get the totals up.

Net likes this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I think dups should count for something, it's not always easy to spot dups and often discussion about one bug leads to another one being revealed without a separate report. The rewards are for participation in the process, not just unique bugs found. Having said that the guidelines for what constitute a 'good' bug report are listed quite clearly, if you fail to meet those requirements then your participation is less valuable.

Or they'd spend time arguing about whether or not their reports were 'good' or not...

I would be OK without 'reported bug' stats, or somewhat vague stats (like 'participation points' rather than absolute bug numbers), but I would like to know the time spent logged in stat because I have no good way of estimating it.

Net likes this.
  3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

yes, a /played time would be nice, for live and qa to be honest. As for the bug counters? much as Im always curious as to where Im at, I agree some form of bug participation point value is there for dups, for reproducing etc.. I also think not all bugs are equal.. I recently found a whopper.. I work in tech support we know not all helpdesk tickets are equal but to a manager, they just want to see x tickets..They dont care you ended up on a 8hr phone call to microsoft, or whatever, they just see you only did 1 today.. and bugs are the same, 1 password change does not equal a server rebuild, reinstall, patches etc.. but it is worth only 1 ticket point.. My take on the bug counter thing is, i think its real nice they do anything. most gaming companies dont really seem to, most would do "you participated in beta" you get title x, or some gimic item..

Rinaldi, Net and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

The funny thing I have noticed about bugs I submit early in QA is how terrible to community is about things at time and uneveness of "credit"

I'll post 5 bugs at 8AM and the post is not updated for 8 hours and then gets a tag "already known" becasue someone posted the same thing at 5PM.

If that does not happen, I'll post a bug at 8AM and then someone in the community at 8PM posts in the thread a link to their same bug that they posted at 5PM to try to take the credit.

Really Petti stuff...

But sorry @Attenwood Im kinda done with bugs because I have been doing it *hard* for 6 months (got my 5 COTO's) but I have not seen the in game deco rewards that I have deserved for some time. My PM's to devs for updates have been completely ignored (for months).

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

There is no tag "already known". There is a tag "Known", this indicates that the bug is recorded in JIRA, it has nothing to do with time anyone posted anything, it might have been in JIRA before Dev+ access even started for this release.

Maybe people are just trying to help the devs out by linking all the reports of the same issue together? I'm sure there are people who think this is a way to steal credit, but I think the dev team are smart enough to notice such things.

Sentinel2, Rinaldi and liz_the_wiz like this.
  6. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

I dont want too be to critical of the dev team, but when I get support from Attenwood it has been flawless (and I always hope that Attenwood is the one who gets them, he has showed up next to me in game to look at stuff a few times). When I have had to deal with some of the other on the team, I have been utterly shocked a few times about their IT support and customer support skills (every time they have picked up one of my bugs or support emails) so Im not sure I agree with you. If some of my help desk employees behaved like that to our customers, Id have them in my office (yes, that bad).

But no, a few times a community member will like in my bug "already reported" to their thread which was posted 8 hours later. This is not a "I confirm, I found it too".

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Just in case there is some misunderstanding I'll point out some things you probably already know but might be good to point out anyway:
    1)
    Check your account's reward page on the main site - that is where the bug rewards are listed.
    If it lists an item then you need to go to a bank and press the Claim button.
    2)
    There is usually a delay of a bit of over 1 release for credit to be due. The only reward you get quickly is the 5 crowns. It's also far from release since release is QAs busiest. So mid r40 they posted the r38 ones.
    3)
    It is a soft process, not a hard one. So it is based on judgement calls by QA. Where the quantity isn't necessarily as important as quality.
    However since it is a soft process then it is part of such a process that it cannot always be fair.
    4)
    There is different tiers for bugs in QA and bugs for Live. Due to volume one has to be pretty active to get noticed in one or the other where getting noticed for both is even harder.
    5)
    It is the sum and consistency which adds up. So someone who pops in and does a huge amount of reports for one release is less likely to get credit compared to someone who does a fair number release after release.

Happy hunting

Rinaldi, thoregundi and liz_the_wiz like this.
  8. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

Now that QA is open to all can you still earn these rewards?

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

no - a post was posted about this @yobtar

Spoon likes this.
  10. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

bummer would have liked to earn the deco stuff. they should really close this thread then and update it so it says that it is no longer offered.

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.