Testing Incentives Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkStarr, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess I just don't qualify for the ant farm. :(

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

they haven't done this yet for this release, can't tell yet.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ah, OK. I just got another 5 COTOs, so I figured that they gave out the stuff for this release.

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

oh i could be wrong

5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I got 5 COTOs too...which is nice. It's terribly frustrating to not know what is required to achieve the other various rewards. I've reported 40+ bugs now between the last three releases.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think I'm doing it wrong. I take too much time investigating how to reproduce the problem and I add screenshots or video, so I don't get as many bug reports posted. I probably won't qualify for any of the rewards.

7. Net

Net Avatar

It seems I missed on COTOs, I must have spend too much time crashing and writing bugs:D On the upside it seems I got Pest Controller title (at least on website). No ant farm yet though.
    Yeah, I try to include screenshots and videos too, it is slow sometimes, but hopefully it makes it easier to see what is going on and more bugs get fixed.

8. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I would say go for quality over quantity. Darkstarr said in the last postmortem that this was one of the reasons they would not quantify exactly what qualified one for which rewards, because it's not just a specific number. If someone submits a vague bug report that we can't get steps to reproduce, good /loc information, or a clear understanding of what exactly is going on, I don't think that would count for nearly as much as a solid report that I can immediately submit to the team for review. I mean, I'm as much in the dark on this whole process as you guys are, but that's my two cents, haha. Here's a link to the post mortem. The question came up about 24 and a half minutes in:

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I want the ant farm. I won't get it though.. no matter how many bug reports I fill. I fill them out because the bugs bother me and I want them fixed for this game. Will I get the 5 cotos either? No! I am a lowly non-dev+ and cannot access the dev server. Anyway.. :p

10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Id say it looks like items were handed out.

Net likes this.
  11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, we did do another round! We regularly track the contributions from all of you. As always, we greatly appreciate all of the work you've put into this program so far, regardless of incentives that come along like these program rewards.

Duke Gréagóir and Lord Barugon like this.
  12. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Are the efforts carried over to the next month if we don't meet whatever the threshold is for a single month?

Alexander likes this.
  13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, it's continued.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, the real reward is that the game is better (plus I need to make sure you all don't neglect Linux)... but I still want an ant farm.

Koldar likes this.
  15. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I did not really expect any reward this time hoping ,well we all do. However I have spend all of my time on the QA server doing more then 10 hours I would say, and did not received any coto this time which I thought I would get

16. Net

Net Avatar

I have not got any according to site, though I am quite sure I got them in bank, I do not think those I saw were from the past release.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I got some coto in the bank, i think...as had a stack of 5 appear. But nothing on the website indicating as such this release

Cassandra Corax and Net like this.
  18. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I received COTO for r34 and r35, but it only recorded it on my account for the first time. I had to claim rewards at the bank before I noticed the r35 batch of COTOs.

I still ask for a better way of knowing if our reports are counting towards the unique rewards. I've reported dozens of bugs, received confirmations, but no ant farm or corpion chair. it would be really helpful to know how many reports are required, or what types of reports are required, to receive the non-COTO items. less ambiguity = less frustration (at least for me).

Thanks!

LoneStranger likes this.
  19. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well, i am really interested in knowing of the furniture either. I know the Insect pictures and the ant farm are already in-game (digged from files and offline mode), but up to now, i ony got COTOs either. I think the bug spray is up either but the chair isn't into the database (or i could not find yet).

PS: The paintings are beautifull, i was spending most of time on QA either (some of them offline, which do not count, but neverthless) hope to add them to my collection soon. :)

20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I pretty much played on QA the whole time i could, and rarely logged into live.

However, I dont really go to QA for the goodies, I go for the bugs.. and trying to find them, I just simply didnt find as many maybe as I should have, I do think its nice there is incentive for people to do QA, because it is only open such a short time, most dont want to spend a week there, leveling and improving their toon, only to have to redo it again on live.. Me, Id live on QA if they let me.. its in my nature to hunt for bugs..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.