Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Text entry not working after speaking with Edvard the Bard during Highvale

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Echondas, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

1/14/2018 2:55 PM
    Title: Text entry not working after speaking with Edvard the Bard during Highvale
    Reproduction Rate: untested
    Blocker? YES
    Details: After the conversation with Edvard was auto-initiated, my ability to enter any text in the chat window broke. I also cannot drag items with the mouse. Switching scenes (to Highvale Outskirts) didn't fix this.
    Steps to Reproduce:I had previously spoken with Gawain, picked up all the items nearby, looted all the corpses, broken all the barrels/containers, and equipped a shoddy long bow instead of the sword - I also enabled 'translated location names' in the options menu. I approached Edvard and couldn't type in the chat window - it persists after exiting the dialog with him. I also cannot drag items with the mouse.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: novia_r6_hills02_highvalevillage/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Highvale
    Loc: (121.0, 51.1, -191.5)
    Debug: bm92aWFfcjZfaGlsbHMwMl9oaWdodmFsZXZpbGxhZ2V8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgxMjEuMDI0LCA1MS4wOTksIC0xOTEuNTM2KXwoMCwgLTAuMjY1LCAwLCAwLjk2NCl8Mjg0LjY5MzZ8MTkuNjE4Njh8My40MjE4NTQ=

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Per our convo, we could't repro it, but we will attempt to see if we can get this to happen again. We test the tutorial scenes regularly as well. I had something like this happen to me once under a prior release and I couldn't get it to happen again after a restart.
    @Echondas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.