Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thank you and suggestions for music !

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by StrangerDiamond, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Well lets say we extensively tested the music system, we had a blast ! Thanks you so much to all that made this possible !

- First of all many have complained about a side effect of insomnia, I think they're weak... kidding hehe

1. When two octaves will be available in freeplay and since we cannot do anything else anyways while playing music in freeplay I would like to see the whole array of notes being mapped on the keyboard (using numbers and letters), this way there is no limitation in chords progression you can make. This way it will be fun to improvise :)
    2. All files over 25-30 kb seem to fail to load, cause reproducible crash, and strangely if it does work at all only 2-3 people can hear it the rest can't hear. I think this is probably a buffer problem ? The piece plays well on my computer but not on others.
    3. I think the gain should be pushed a little further on the bass notes on the piano, having them at the same gain seems to get it a bit muted by the amplitude of the higher pitch. I hope something can be done about that, for a first pass the sound is amazing :)
    4. Thank you :)
    5. *bows*
    6. *ackward silence*
    7. LETS PLAY !

majoria70, Lord Baldrith and Mata like this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thank you! :)
    I like the music system, too!

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

My other wish would be that you can hold the mapped keys, then use other buttons to make the sound either light, heavy, long reverb or muted etc...

So for example I could hold the chord 1stOCT C-E-G then press F1 which would be the light touch chord, so on the piano as long as I press F1 the last chord I did would stay assigned to the key :) so with the other hand I can do a melody, to change accents in the melody you would instead press a number on the numpad which would select a mode of play, swing, staccato, etc... then you can switch modes with the same hand thats improvising while preparing a chord with the left hand ; those are all programmed into ABC system :)

This would open up to actually do a piece by hand and I envision really fun friendly competitions !!!

:D

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. mike11

mike11 Avatar

my thoughts added to the list..
    the music system is very good, i like the sound of the lute and it plays most of my music as expected and the result is pleasing when the source music is properly arranged (limitations are clearly to be expected).
    I found the range to be suited at least for the lute.
    can't wait for more instruments particularly the winds and a percussion instrument. Harp too!

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.