Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thanks for the chaos shield Chris!

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Sakarisei, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakarisei

Sakarisei Avatar

Dear @Chris :

I am writing this post to you because I liked the idea of having an own shield for Chaos Magic. It is more, I have reached that shield at GM, which means a good strength in that skill.

[​IMG]

Of course, that thing is included with basically all Chaos spells at GM, so... I would like to show you about how I am serious with it.

[​IMG]

However, although I enjoyed with that spell, one of the things which I would like to deal with this post is about making a feedback of the shield, mainly because there are very few users who are using this spell seriously, and because that, I would like to write a feedback for at least trying to helping you in balancing Chaos Spells for R54. But well, I will start with the feedback.

Generally, in my own sincere opinion, the Chaotic Shield is mainly developed for PVE because the huge ammount of physical resistance buffs like too much Damage Resistance, Damage Avoidance, Dodge, and... if Chaos Shield does have Damage Resistance in that moment, Focus Transfer Ratio for giving more protection to the party. Although for 3-4 casts at the same time you will have at least some protection versus physical damage, if I am talking about resisting magic, the main problem which I am seeing it is that you are forced to pray god to get the right resistances because...

Yes, with these resistances of this pic, I am immune to basically every damage of this zone (Grannus Colossus).

[​IMG]

And if I am talking about being immune to damage is because I was even able to see many 0s of Berserkers trying to dealing me damage, with an exaggerated Damage Resistance value.

[​IMG]

But although I am not worried about physical damage, for magic, the great ammount of RNG makes sometimes the huge ammount of chips and focus not the best option for using that shield for magic, unless that thing is used for extremely dangerous enemies like the new Lich (And named) Mage of The Rise, making it an extremely situational shield.

In PVE, you can carry 8 or even 9 buffs depending of your luck with both, the deck with the locked glyph and the deck with the unlocked glyphs, making it the only way to have more than 4 buffs if using it succesfully.

[​IMG]

But in PVP, honestly I do not seeing it a viable skill because unless the user is completely lucky to have the right resistances for its enemy, losing about 10-20 seconds in PVP for accumulating many buffs is giving the opponent an assured victory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I have enjoyed to use that skill in some situations like getting the role of off-tank for my guild in certain situations, I think too many RNG influence in... not only Chaotic Shield but generally all Chaos Spells can annoy more than anyone can imagine. And the huge problem of Chaos Magic is the big ammount of RNG effects. It makes sense that powerful buffs should have an higher price, but not until the moment of praying RNG for having it... at the cost of, 4 chips (The only thing which is affected by the Chaos Mastery is the Chance of consuming reagents, and not the ammount of chips that you use for each casting), too much focus for being used many times.

And finally, this shield is worthless for people who do not have the Chaos Mastery since they do not have the warranty of having the right effects, making in my own opinion a bad design for that skills.

Sincerelly,
    Felconyan Falsakan, the Chaos Lord of Furia.

Dhanas, FrostII, ZeCarlos and 5 others like this.
  2. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

haha they are stackable ???

Nerf incoming !

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Excuse me sir. Your tree is incomplete with only 80 in the Specialization... ;)

Cordelayne and Sakarisei like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

An extra 20 million experience to GM specialization doesn't seem like a good move to me. That experience can be much more effective somewhere else.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It looks like it was recently nerfed. You only get one glyph regardless of skill level. Possibly two with specialization.

6. neoandrew

neoandrew Avatar

Now Chris has to make shield skills for the other schools that doesn't have it. Like Life, moon and sun.

Numa likes this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

And then tamers need a spell called animal shield. Animal shield will shield us with 100 foxes swirling around and each hit on us takes away one fox. When all the foxes are gone then tamers can take damage. @Chris

Oeneusc, Pawz, mute209 and 2 others like this.
  8. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

haha you see what i wrote a couple of days ago eh ?
    Now it has been nerfed .... to beeing almost useless : duration 30 seconds for a 55 seconds cooldown and a total random effect non stackable.... LOL

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, the duration was also nerfed? Damn. I guess you must get specialization to 80 now in order to have it active for the full cooldown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.