The 2 daily Player Owned Towns listed in yellow when using a Teleport To Zone Scroll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anpu, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There is no fishing bonus. The 2 towns listed at the top each day have a chance to find the Pacu fish in them. That’s the only thing you will find in those 2 listed towns.

You would have to ask someone at Catnip Games. I do not know the answer to that.

EDIT: @Parson Barr I don't want to derail the Mistrendur: Land Rush Guidance! Topic and just wanted to discuss this here instead.

Daxxe Diggler and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I could be totally wrong about it. Good idea to pull it out of the other thread though.

Daxxe Diggler and Anpu like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Go into any pot that is not listed as the 2 areas in the Teleport to Zone scroll, and go fishing. Move around the area and take a look at your fishing chance as you move around and fish in various spots. For me, with GM Fishing, and all water types to 80, the highest chance I can get is around 65%, in all water types.

Now go to either of the 2 towns listed in yellow when using a Teleport to Zone scroll, now walk around and fish in various spots. You will not see any increase in your fishing chance. It’s still the same as any other pot that is not currently listed for the day. You will however find the Pacu fish here occasionally.

This was how it currently is working last time I checked that.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

It always worked like that. The two towns contain Pacu, which are quite uncommon fish and can be turned into slightly better fish food. I think the devs considered different things at one point, but from my experience the selected towns get only Pacus:)
    As for the fishing bonus, you can get a bit higher success chance by fishing in the "bubbly" spots.

StarLord likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I know this thread is more about the "daily fishing towns" that get added to the TP to zone list... but my post is sort of related since the topic came about due to my post on the other thread about the Fishing Expedition not being available offline.

So, after @Godra said he noticed Fishing Expedition showed up in the list (assuming he was offline) I tried to look today and it was not listed on there. However, I was determined to see if I could still get there somehow.

I went to the docks in Kingsport... no boat was there to go to Fishing Expedition. I then went to Soltown, went to Novia, and tried to get to Hometown... it's not on the map.

My next idea was to simply edit my saved game file to add Hometown and/or Fishing Expedition to my TP to Zone list.

I first looked at my TP to zone list, wrote down the names of a bunch of them, then saved my game. Then, I went into another town that was not on my list, got it added through the actual discovery, then I saved the game under a different name. Next, I exited to menu and then went to compare the 2 saved game files.

It took me a while to find the entries that were different, but once I realized most of the towns on my list had the date and time stamp next to it... I just searched for 03/09/2020 in both saved game files and quickly found the differences between them.

My next step was to try to manually "add" a town to my list. But first, I had to know the name of the scene that the game would recognize. I searched for Hometown first and found an old entry that had "POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Hometown" (which I visited offline long before TP to zone scrolls were added and when POT's were available offline). I found nothing for Fishing Expedition. :(

So I gave it a shot with just Hometown by copying the entry of the newest town I just added, and then pasted it right after itself... then changed the name of the scene to "POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Hometown" ... and then I changed the timestamp for that entry just in case that could cause an error. Then I saved the file.

Next, I loaded that saved game file, went back in, and used a scroll. To my surprise, Hometown was now on the list! I teleported there, but sadly, when I loaded in, it was indeed a POT called Hometown - (offline) was shown where the Governor would normally be) - but it was not THE Hometown with all the homes and decos that are in the online version. It was simply an empty town. :( The only good thing was that there were a few lots available to claim. Also, I have not tried yet, but I bet that I could probably "create" any POT template/name combo I wanted by doing the above again and customizing it. I might do that at some point just for giggles.

Anyway, although you can technically get to any POT offline, I don't believe any of them would be populated. Which makes me sad, especially for not being able to get to the Fishing Expedition one.

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

OK, just a follow up... I was able to get to Fishing Expedition offline!

My mistake when trying the first time was assuming it was also a POT, and had named it "POT_Fishing_Expedition" However, when I tried it with just "Fishing_Expedition" it was added to my TP to zone list. When I went there, it was the full fledged version, including the big boat, shack, NPC, and everything! :D

Browncoat Jayson and Net like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Daxxe Diggler, old bug reports are a good source of the database names of scenes.

Anpu, Net and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  8. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

The highlighted towns in the Teleport to Zone list are definitely the fishing "bonus" (Pacus).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.