The Adventurers Tavern

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by blaquerogue, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Welcome to "The Adventurers Tavern".............
    Heres how it works here, (we are going oldschool on RPG play) we play along the rules of D&D as close as we can. (all classes can use buffs and healing touch only)

Parties will meet up here for various adventures/campaigns set forth by contacts.
    the rules to be part of a party is...

Mages - can only wear cloth (and light armor skill), the only melee weapon they can use is daggers, staves and wands, they can cast all and any spells.

Fighters - can only wear leather or plate, and must have a melee weapon, they can use any combat tree skill , heavy armor/light armor/bludgeon/sheild skills except ranged. (they cannot cast spells except buffs for themselves and healing touch. (no other healing spellls)

Rangers - can wear leather or cloth armor only and use light armor skill and shield skill, they can use only one handed weapon, bows and/or shields. the only skill trees they can use is Earth, Taming, moon,water, air and ranged. They can cast healing touch only on themselves

Clerics - Can use any armor, and only bludgeon weapons. the only spell trees they can use is sun tree, water and life tree, and heavy armor/light armor/bludgeon/sheild.

Priests - can only wear cloth and only (using light armor skill tree) cast spells from the life tree, death tree and Sun tree and only use one handed bludgeon weapons (no shield)

Rogues - can only wear leather or cloth (using those skill tress) , and can only use subterfuge, moon, ranged, and blades.

Paladins - can use Life skill tree, sun skill tree, and air skill tree, and everything in combat skill tree except ranged and light armor. Have to be in heavy armor to be a pally!

Necromancers - can use death tree, earth tree, moon tree, chaos tree. They can only wear light armor. They can use blades tree, bludgeon tree, or polearm tree, and shields.

If you use spells or skills outside of that criteria you are dropped from party, and probably wont be invited back into another campaign.

Heres an example of my D&D deck - blades, heavy armor, buffs and healing touch
    My guy is a warrior only, ( I need to have a cleric or priest in my party if i expect to live.)
    Thats a starting template, that im sure will improve or be added/taken away in the future.
    Parties/Campaigns will exist of a minimum of 4 people in it.

There will be one person giving directives of what needs to be done (a Dungeon Master type) if you dont know what a Dungeon Master is ask the guy you know that plays Tabletop RPGs all the time.

If this sounds like your thing, to actually have Classes and depend on each other To complete a task given, then be sure to watch this thread. Leave your name and you will be contacted by me through PM for a party/campaign.
    Leave your name and what type character you want to play here on the thread and ill get back to you.

Particular Races -

Dark Elf (Fighters) -

Weapons only Polearm, Swords, or Ranged ONLY*
    Life - Healing touch, Healing ray, Healing burst, and Purify ONLY*
    Sun - Reveal Hidden, Enlightenment and Blind ONLY*
    Any Armor
    All tactics
    All Air
    All Chaos
    All Death
    All Earth
    All Fire
    All Moon
    All Subterfuge
    All Water

Dark Elf (Priests)

Daggers, Staves, Wands, One handed Bludgeon (ONLY)
    Cloth Armor ONLY*
    All Light armor
    All Shields
    All tactics
    All Life
    All Air
    All Chaos
    All Death
    All Earth
    All Fire
    All Moon
    All Water

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Sounds interesting. Not sure if you want to consider posting in the RP Corner sub-forum that was created under Fire Lotus Tavern. And, just to be clear, I cannot use a shield as a mage? :) Sorry, had to ask. Please consider our guild for any adventures, as many like to RP and adventure. I am going to let them know of this post.

Thanks.

blaquerogue and Boris Mondragon like this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Is this just when active in a campaign or do you have to play like this completely?

If just for the campaigns, I'd be interested in playing a mage. I have the same name in the game. -Adam Crow

Numa and blaquerogue like this.
  4. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Sounds interesting o_O As long as it doesn't interfere with my guild responsibilities, this ranger would be happy to participate in campaigns :D

5. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Just for in party sure. Ranger

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Nope no sheild this is old school D&D

Numa likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just for the Campaign (set a deck for D&D) thats what i did :)

Adam Crow likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes definitely sounds interesting. Also yay the devs have given into making us have more decks possible. That should help to do a variety of things;). Now in creating your own campaign there could be goals to it. Is that your plan and what is the outcome? So how about an adventure complete with goals, like for example I was in a guild called Defenders of Virtue in UO and one night our guild had an event where we split up into groups of 4 who had to take the NPC to a certain location and keep him alive, but man he was a whiner and kept wandering off. So the first group to get to the location with their NPC still alive did win the treasure that we all contributed to. So I am not saying do that but perhaps a goal of some sort or certain goals, which you may already have in mind and also just a thought is to participate you donate to the cause for the chance of the winnings like for example no one dies or one person doesn't die just as a vague idea;) Ok I'll check back in a bit. I'm gonna run for some dinner ;)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ill be setting up campaigns for different parties using different, other RP players for quests there will be monetary rewards that the parties will have to split amongst themselves, (so pick your leaders wisely) Other than that it will be like old school D&D play using everything they gave us in this game so far. I look forward to running this!

10. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Sorry for being the resident pleb/n00b, but which D&D ruleset? I mean, just to confirm when you say "oldschool" are you saying 1.0?

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

AD & D where people have classes instead of a classless system. I dont want to add anything like fighter magic user etc... no duel classes just pure ones.

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Skills any player can use in any of the builds -

Buffs and light/nightvision/healing touch

so anything that will buff your build is ok you can use light/night vison. I want each Pure class to be a necessity, when in a party. When i say D&D type im talking about there will be someone that will act as Dungeon master basically telling you the story and what the goal of it is. I am a really good dungeon master type so i will have pre arranged adventures for parties to participate in, sometimes your adventure may cross paths with another party, and you will have to make important decisions to accomplish certain goals. Some parties i may make it to where they will have to go into a PVP zone to get something or someone.

WAIT DONT FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each adventure will be told to the individual party, not publicly announced! I dont want to advertise where a party will be so the Pkrs come there as well, to make it worse! IF you arrive in a PVP location and there is a bunch of pkrs there waiting for you , that would mean someone in your party sold you out, so now maybe they need to die! So with that , make sure you pick your parties wisely as well as the leader of the party! (PVP quests will be based upon the party so im not going to send off a party of defenseless or low level players to get slaughtered!) Just be wise when picking your party and your party leader.

*Note there will be one party leader in a group (which the party itself will pick) that person will get the reward and they will be solely responsible for dividing it up! Based on the actions of a party leader, that could eventually cut him out of a party forever and drag his name through the mud , to a point where no one will want to party with him because of those actions!!!!!!

Each party will pick its own members, I will not. Be smart when picking who you have in your party and who the leader of it is!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

We ran a D&D party last night it was alot of fun! trying to remember you cant cast certain things or use certain things made it more challenging, and we had lots of fun. It turned out exactly how i wanted too. We had to depend on each other to accomplish certain things. It showed us what we needed to have a good party running around (yes we died once or twice but it was fun!)
    I highly recommend you make a separate deck based on the above ruleset, and try it out for yourself. (it becomes a little harder than it was but none the less it was a great time!)
    Thank to everyone that participated last night! We will do it again!

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  14. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, it was a lot of fun :D, and definitely a lot more challenging :eek: with a limited spell set o_O Looking forward to our next adventure (hopefully with more clerics and mages...) ;)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    blaquerogue likes this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sounds like fun, I made a mention on Twitter!

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

it was so much fun! You should come play one time with us Berek!

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

A suggested adjustment for races your playing

Particular Races -

Dark Elf (Fighters) -

Weapons only Polearm, Swords, or Ranged ONLY*
    Life - Healing touch, Healing ray, Healing burst, and Purify ONLY*
    Sun - Reveal Hidden, Enlightenment and Blind ONLY*
    Any Armor
    All tactics
    All Air
    All Chaos
    All Death
    All Earth
    All Fire
    All Moon
    All Subterfuge
    All Water

Dark Elf (Priests)

Daggers, Staves, Wands, One handed Bludgeon (ONLY)
    Cloth Armor ONLY*
    All Light armor
    All Shields
    All tactics
    All Life
    All Air
    All Chaos
    All Death
    All Earth
    All Fire
    All Moon
    All Water

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I kind of went through spells for the Dark elf in D&D and this is what i came up with.... nothing is permanent, always open for suggestions and new types of builds. If it has anything to do with D&D im sure we could figure out what skillsets would work well with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.