The almighty invisible backpack!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xi_, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

Everyone has a back pack, where is it? If your wearing a back pack i think it should show up on your avatar, purhaps it could be something else to put in that cloak slot. you could even have different quality of packs.

The same applies to sheaths, I mean where the heck do I keep pulling that sword from?

Duke Albert, smack, Spoon and 4 others like this.
  2. Athelstan

Athelstan Avatar

It's a mini-bag of holding, and it's in your pants pocket. :)

Leos, Margard and Moonshadow like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

You know those free slots we used to have on our Character Sheet somewhere beneath our paperdoll?

I want them back, and I want our backpack to have to be placed there. I also want the free slots to be able to show on the lower right corner of the screen even when our Character Sheet is closed.

Then you could double click the backpack you placed on your free slot to open it, plus, there could be some type of up arrow button that opens your Character Sheet, Skill Tree, Decks, etc., from there.

That would also make it easy to have reagent bags and other materials bags readily available. You would harvest, then drag your harvested reagent to your reagent bag icon in the lower right, without having to ever open anything. It would allow people who use the free-form bag inventory to organize things pretty easily.

4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

now there's an enchant for this game ......

5. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Maybe we should show Avatars carrying their houses, furniture, and decorations on their bodies too.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Reminds me of Monkey Island, where they make jokes about this.. having you stick 10 foot poles, giant statue heads, monkeys, etc. in your pocket.

Fox Cunning, Athelstan and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I kind of like the idea of having to get help carrying the lords new throne through town to his keep ........

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Either RG or one of the other devs at some point did say they were thinking about a kind of deed system for heavy furniture where you carry around a deed for a bit of furniture and then use that to place the furniture in your home. It is something that bothers RG.. although I believe its an unresolved issue on how its going to be handled.

9. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

It's fantasy. How else would they justify carrying around tree trunks and casting fireballs? If summoned projectile balls of fire are allowed I'm okay with a bottomless, invisible backpack.
    It would be cool if they made backpacks and carrying capacity realistic, but I think the community would riot.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Story telling, my High Baron. :> Unless we're assuming the lumberjack also has magic powers it helps the story have some explanation.

I do think it should be difficult to carry around a full tree trunk, btw, but then again I think harvestable trees should also be more common, instead of most trees being unharvestable, and I want pack animals in the game. :> But I can only dream......

11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Hmm... Maybe one explains the other.

The orange leaved trees are the only ones with lumber light enough to carry. ;)

Spoon likes this.
  12. stile

stile Avatar

+1

13. Logain

Logain Avatar

Sorry, I'm well aware that I'm likely stupid and not getting the point, so please be gentile ;)
    Aren't we going to see encumbrance (influenced through Strength and the Heavy Armour talent) in one of the next release, which would be a somewhat realistic capacity? And aren't pack animals already a stretch goal, meaning if enough people shared redfish's dream, we'd be getting them, but the developers simply lack funds? In which case it's simply a matter of advertisement (hands vote pack animal button to redfish).

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  14. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

belts and belt pouches would be cool to. I was going to say utility belt but that's just because I'm batman.

Lord Baldrith and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, $95,680 to go. But make a pledge for horse mounts and boats first ;>

I'm always gentle; I'm a fish. Not the kind with sharp pointy teeth like piranhas.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  16. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya let's go on the packhorses! I've pledged 2 of each of em...and still it's barely started! I plan to be packing around the world on my packrat mage!

17. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Using belt pouches/slots has been discussed in previous threads to help facilitate better potion management. Having them in your deck still doesnt make sense to me.

Moonshadow likes this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

You can drag any consumable (potions, food) into your hotbar as a locked option, or even into your non-combat bar to buff up in between fights. You could even have an alternate locked/deck hotbar that contains only consumables that you hot-swap during combat.

Moonshadow and Logain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.