The Avatars of SOTA for launch

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by majoria70, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I was going to post this in the NEON thread but I didn't want to derail the thread so much.

I do think it is that time again to rally for and to consider a more final looking avatar for the game. What a difference that will make.

As we approach that day we ask ourselves are we satisfied with the game avatars or not? and the answer is no, and are the Devs done working on them? and the answer is no they are not, But we are approaching a time when our feedback is important to have out there.

So there are many old threads on the discussion, but I decided to start as new arrive and others who might have missed the threads would not have to start out reading pages and pages even though they were terrific thread which I will link a couple here.

I want the use of bright colors to be available and all sorts of colors. Whether it be neon or just a very fun and nice color palate. If the lighting handles neon then it should be a good choice to have it for those who want it.

I want bright, vibrant, avatars. Majoria wants to look like these models who are bright and colorful bold colors, lipstick and great looking avatars and colors will affect that as well.

Also @Devs ditch the armor that looks so blimpy omg. ;) Just let a little air out of it please. Sorry very blunt but true. ;)

I'm also a bit sad we don't have dye tubs to set where we want to dye things though and that it has to be done at a crafting table. It is very drab without them. Let us spill a bit on our floors, mess up our crafting room a bit.

And WTH a dragon, well that was going to be for the NEON thread, a NEON picture of a dragon for our walls. ;) He is soooo gorgeous.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...haracter-the-softer-feminine-side-more.15487/

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nd-content-from-the-character-art-devs.16391/

[​IMG]

.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

edited

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. Lace

Lace Avatar

Love all the pictures you posted.

3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I love all the pictures above. We must make our presence known, females play and have invested also. Less drab and bring on the stunning!!!!!:rolleyes:

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

This is a Final Fantasy character. Her name is Lightning. As much as I like anime-style characters, I'm pretty sure that style doesn't belong in SotA. Personally, I'd prefer if the female characters didn't look like models or "angelic".

More of this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Less of this:
    [​IMG]

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well they didn't have their warrior faces on and they have their in town clothes on. Majoria is a 2 handed bludgeon warrior/paladin. One of her secret weapons behind the angelic face is she will kick butt.;) I do like your pictures very much as well. Thanks and yes we need options.

7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

HEY! Some of us guys like stunning outfits too! Even if I personally won't be likely to go full peacock in strutting my colors.

8^p

But yeah, we really need to work on getting a bit better diversity and design for our avatars and armor designs (yes, I know it's in the works... but impatient).

8. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

SotA's art style is not going to be one that is co-opted by other games. Neither are the Devs going to completely replicate every single niche feature of UO that people place high upon pedestals and worship as if that feature was the only reason that they played the game.

Additionally, what we have now is still not the final version of what is to come.
    After the final wipe, we STILL won't have the final version of what is to come.
    After Episode I launch, we STILL won't have the final version of what is to come.

Ladies and gentlemen, this game is going to evolve, just as it has been doing for the past three years, and will continue to do so. Focusing on the one thing that you're unhappy about, whether it's combat, PvP, wearables (where I am guilty as charged), fast travel options, single-player offline, and so on, is only going to bring you down to a point where you can't enjoy the game that is forming right around you.

That being said, it is perfectly fine to be passionate about the various features and aspects of the game that may not yet be complete. My recommendation, which I am suggesting not only to you, but also to myself to follow, is to do the best you can to word these requests and feedback posts with a calm and civil demeanor.

Each art asset that we have in the game takes a lot more time and effort that one might think. Add to that the frantic pace that Portalarium is working in order to get everything promised by the Kickstarter and needed to finish by Episode I completed by the end of the year (estimated target, DLMB). Add to that the fact that each month they give us additional content, much of it in the way of new wearables and social interactives. They're doing an incredible amount of work, and while we will always ask for more, we need to appreciate what they are doing every single day.

9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I would welcome more options for a more diverse population. If however we end up with Final Fantasy type of characters, it will be sayonara SotA for me.

Hornpipe, Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  10. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Yes, more options, not only for women, but also for men...

More hair colours, more skin tones, more body changes (shoulders, chest, belly, build {muscular<->flabby}, etc.), as - AFAIK - the model supports more options than have been exposed...

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

More pictures for thoughts. *cheers*

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am by no means angry Jack. I really appreciate all that is being done. It is so amazing to watch. It was just time to get some samples out as we go along. In case the devs are looking for facial looks or whatever. This thread is by no means anything other than ideas. We are now getting a larger team who can work on things here and there. It is time now for these threads. I am very happy with my Avatar as a matter of fact. I think she's really pretty in a lot of ways for the work that has been done so far. I know more is coming. The blimp armor comment is a little harsh I know but they are blimpy lol. So just to clear any of that up for anyone. This thread is examples not anyone upset. *cheers* and here are a couple more examples and for beards. I had to put Budners favorite lady on here too. ;) Thanks for pointing out what you did Jack. It is all a team effort to explain, which I didn't do a good job of explaining my intention for this thread. So all

is good.[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

@Jack Knyfe
    Oh, I am no means miffed. I totally agree with all you have stated above. I just want a unique and individual character to go along with a unique and individual game. As far as I know, we are all smitten by our devs and hold them, one and all in the highest regards. :)

15. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

@Leelu

No worries.

We all want to be able to be individuals. As the game progresses, I have no doubt that we'll get more customization options. As a tailor, I'm rather counting on it. ;)

16. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Calm and civil demeanor? LOL. What? This thread was fine.

17. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

Girl number 5 on ur first post is damn hot

18. Rabum Alal

Rabum Alal Avatar

I want my character to look like this (to scale):

[​IMG]

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

My female characters have always opted for "real" clothing (And physiques)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Character Art by Denis Loubet)

20. cendres13

cendres13 Avatar

Hello all I'm a new Shroud resident. :) I decided to buy the game for it's gameplay expecting to have to put up with sub par graphics but instead I'm pleasantly surprised by the game's looks. The environments are very well done. The character models have life to them, I really appreciate that.

There is still a lot of room for improvement of course, right now we have very basic templates and very few options to make unique characters. Some of the sliders do not do enough to make a difference in the faces. I suspect what we have are place holders and I really hope our female models look more like the lovely lady that first greets us in the game. With freckles, give me freckles. :)

Here are some of my favorite avatar styles so far that could match this game;

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.