The Bear Tavern Guild - For Fame, Glory and Beer!

Discussion in 'Player Guilds & Groups' started by Vallas (Beran’s Reach), Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

2. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

We've updated the front page with new information. Join today!

---|---​
    Your Tavern needs you!

The Bear Tavern is a growing community, focused on providing a fun, relaxed home-from-home for all in SOTA. Designed to offer a range of services to the community, while operating a core guild (which is neutral of politics and bias), The Bear Tavern offers a everyone a chance to get involved with organised events and activities.

We're looking for both new prospective guild members and future customers to form an active gaming community while SOTA takes shape. In the future we'll be running a fully functioning Tavern from a choice location, however until that happy day arrives we intend to be on the build.

We offer the following to all who would like to get involved and be a part of our community:-
    • A fully functioning forums, with an active, mature admin staff. A functioning Teamspeak 3 server for use by all.
    • Scheduled events and gaming nights to keep you occupied (and the opportunity to pitch in and run your own!).
    • A place to discuss Tavern-related... stuff, which will be fed into SOTA's development process (we hope).
    • A relaxed and informal group to chat with, outside of the usual guild politics.
    Fancy joining us and having a new home? We're keen to highlight the following:-
    • We're one of the very few guilds to embrace a drinking culture.
    • We have a mature membership, so not adolescent crying to deal with.
    • We're an active and friendly bunch (except for Turook, however we keep him under lock and key).
    • We have a very active leadership, with clear direction where required.
    • Good opportunities for both promotion and work when SOTA launches.
    • An opportunity to make a name for yourself by contributing to the community, in a role that suits you.
    • A chance to work behind the bar!
    If you'd like to come visit us and prop up the bar, feel free to visit us at www.thebeartavern.org.

If you'd like to join us, you are welcome to pop in an application via our recruitment station here.

Fancy getting involved in events without leaving your current guild? Want to join up and fight off unpleasant types? Join The Bear Tavern Militia here.

So there you have it! Plenty to do, a place to loiter and chat with your fellow locals and roof if you need it. On behalf of the rest of the staff at The Bear Tavern we look forward to seeing you in the future!

3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Can't wait to get smashed at The Bear Tavern!

4. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

We'd be glad to have you stop by. :)

Remind me closer to the time and your first pint will be on the house!

5. Caveloot.com Owner

Caveloot.com Owner Avatar

The poster is fantastic by the way! A great graphic.. don't kill me should I ever use the idea for something *grins*

There will definitely be more then one tavern in game but from past experience, this is how a real tavern gets going.. when you die in at an alpha level or prior like this. Often the Tavern gets enough support it can become a player town as additional buildings become added on. Something that if happened and I wasn't participating in, I sure would hate myself down the road for not being involved!

I also admire Vallas. He shows a lot of enthusiasm, he's putting a lot of time and work into things. Two huge qualities for someone trying to head this type of thing.

I hope that Ill have some of my brew being served at the tavern at some point in time and I will gladly help in what ways I can in this great endeavor!

6. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Just leave the logo and style alone, get your own creative outlet. ;)

I'm certain we can come to some kind of arrangement regarding stocking your finest brew!

7. Caveloot.com Owner

*grins* i was just approving the final art on my guild logo before the animated gif stuff is done to it.... Guild logo assuming i like the final outcome. It looks good in my head tho!

I have 8 more versions of my family crest logo already done.. Having them do one as an animated gif soon.

Also having a custom nav button for the web site finished soon.. Just hope if will work out like i want.

So im good on art for now... Still though next time i need a flyer i wont be able to help of thinking of your piece!

Burnden Park, Time Lord and DavenRock like this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

@davenrock There's a few posts you neglected to 'like' .....

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Burnden Park, Time Lord and DavenRock like this.
  9. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Plenty of space by the bar boys and girls!

10. Caveloot.com Owner

*grins* i was just approving the final art on my guild logo before the animated gif stuff is done to it.... Guild logo assuming i like the final outcome. It looks good in my head tho!

I have 8 more versions of my family crest logo already done.. Having them do one as an animated gif soon.

Also having a custom nav button for the web site finished soon.. Just hope if will work out like i want.

So im good on art for now... Still though next time i need a flyer i wont be able to help of thinking of your piece!

Burnden Park and Time Lord like this.
  11. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

We're in the process of working on a few art projects, including a revised Tavern sign and an updated forums design. As things mature and more people visit, we're looking at a few other areas where we can develop a fairly distinctive look.

Of course since we are essentially running a public service, and not just a guild, we're VERY interested in any art-related feedback people would like to voice at http://www.thebeartavern.org. If enough people want it, we'll do our best to make it happen.

Zelek Uther, Leos, falconor01 and 5 others like this.
  12. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

13. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Still building, still here. We're looking to expand our community base (even if it's the occasional happy visitor), so feel free to stop by today!

14. ThePompousPeasant

ThePompousPeasant Avatar

I will tip a few ales here! Got any lasses about? :)

15. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

16. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

We've a number of discussions ongoing, including a growing gaming community. Sign up today, all are welcome!

17. Kumakaze [BEAR]

Kumakaze [BEAR] Avatar

More patrons pleeeease before the staff drinks it all XD

We are all a mature friendly bunch and love to ping off each other for inspiration and ideas. We are currently playing on the Ultima Online Forever server and in the process of getting a little area going (clear of PKs at the moment) And other games for our light entertainment till SotA comes out. We do need more good people in both the tavern and the militia section, hopefully someone who enjoys cooking and crafting while the militia can go off question in search of epic loot and spoils.
    We are here to listen to your stories and your problems.
    We are there to provide the comforts of home 365 days a year.
    We are in need of your talents if you wish to persue a career in entertainment.
    We would love to encourage Roleplay as well!
    Who can forget the good food and booze by a warm open fire?

Drop by and let us know what you think and what you want in a tavern? Perhaps even come game with us!

18. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

19. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

I had my first pint, was a mighty fine one.

20. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

New cook wanted. Must know how to cook something other than fish steaks. No rat. Enquire within.

Zelek Uther, Leos, falconor01 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.