The beautiful price of mail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is more observation and opinion rather than feedback...

At first, I thought it was strange that I would have to craft paper and write a message onto the paper before sending it. This is just because no other game I have played did it that way. Mail is normally primarily focused on a message with attachments, but this one is just attachments.

So why is that "beautiful?" It is beautiful, because the other players that took the effort required to send you a mail deserve your attention. They thought enough about you to commit a lot of time to send you a few words. When I get a "message" via the mail, I am very pleased.

I am sure some think that the overhead is unreasonable, and I am not debating that. I just wanted to point out how the overhead adds to the value of each message.

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Agreed! The art of letter writing is not lost here. It was, indeed, a beautiful, touch. And the letter can be saved, placed on a desk, kept close to ones heart (inventory) etc.

3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

But... how am I supposed to be endlessly spammed by gold sellers in broken English?!

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't have any problem with the way that it works, but it's not necessary to spend time crafting paper to send letters. You can just buy paper from book vendor NPCs for 2 gold.

[​IMG]

Alleine Dragonfyre and Spoon like this.
  5. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I enjoy sending mail and that is the primary way I correspond with customers to give them order updates...love it.

6. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Even if you don't make your own paper it's still a more involved, more personal method of communication. It does seem more important knowing it wasn't quickly typed out in an email.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.