The Black Sails Saga - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The night was bright, there was a splendor on Dragomir Mori's sky that was breathtaking and Boris felt the call from the sea. He smiled inwardly as in the middle of all this chaos he could find a moment to think and plan. He went to the far corner of Pirate's Cove and neared the tranquil waters. The call was stronger from here and he dropped all his clothes there next to the shore. He ran and dove into the waves feeling the cool water refresh his body and soul. He swam out a mile towards the furthest pier and was about to climb the ladder when he felt a bump and a familiar laughter in the air.

"Marlena, what are you doing here, I thought my mother kept you on a tight leash back in the Old Brittannia"

"Boris, she gave me but a few hours to bring you this necklace which has been "Charmed and prepared for you and the lady that has asked for your help. Tis a shame she also forbade me any physical contact with you until this danger to both this and the old land passes. I miss your touch" She pouted then kissed him deeply. "One kiss does not count methinks so let this be a preview of things to come our way soon" She disappeared in a quick splash near him and Boris just smiled inwardly. How many times would this Sirene appear and transform with one intention, savage lust without any cares or worries.

He climbed aboard the pier and could feel the wings flap nearby, he looked up in the sky to see Marak drop and land on the pier besides him. Marak also dropped three large deer carcasses, it was a gift from him to the townsfolk. As usual he placed his head against Boris' chest like a large pet needing attention. Boris scratched his head briefly then fell backwards onto the water as Marak pushed him and quickly took off to the sky flying in small circles high above. It was then that Boris realized there was at least one ship about to enter Dragomir Port and he hurriedly dropped the three deer carcasses on the boat tied next to the pier, He imagined the scandal about a man naked as a jaybird on the far pier. He untied the boat and rowed back to shore as fast as he could jumping onto the shore as soon as the boat was beached and putting his clothes back on just as the Pirate ship docked near him. This was not the way to welcome a pirate ship yet he laughed at tonight's events. Modesty was not one of Boris' virtues.

2. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Boris, I just received much meat from Arkah for when it is needed for our meals. The cook will find this in the store room in the hold of the Dragon when ready.

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Early Morning inside the Peladjar Inn ...

I sat with Jude, Samael and Kardan, talking about rumors.
    "Well, it was not so quiet for a long time!", Kardan told in his incomparable manner.
    "Sometimes it is good to rest and having time to think about life.", Samael answered.
    I took a good sip of herbal tea, nodding. "If I remember", I started, when suddenly the door was opened very violently!
    All eyes turned to the entering person ...

"Hey, what's going...", Peladjar began - pausing quickly as he recognized the face of the entering woman ...

Jude jumped up. "Ariel!"

"Hello, friends. I am sorry to disturb your folksy round, but unfortunately I bring bad news from Dragomir Mori!"

[to be continued]

4. Paladin Michael

... Early Morning inside the Peladjar Inn ...

"Tell us, what happened in Dragomir Mori?", Jude asked worried ...

"May I have a tea and a chair first, friends?", Ariel said, smiling.
    "Of course, where are our manners?", Kardan said.
    "Peladjar! You heard it, a herbal tea - special one - for our Ariel!", Jude shouted.

Meanwhile, Samael stood up and brought another chair for her. He nodded friendly.
    Ariel sat down. "Ah, my old legs are happy to be here."
    Peladjar just put down the good smelling mug, as someone was coming down the stairs, yawning.
    "What kind of noisy company is going on in this early morning?"
    "Good morning, Fiona!", Ariel said. And all others nodded. "Morning!"
    "Ariel, what a pleasure to see you. Am I too late for having breakfast with you?"
    "No, I just arrived. Sit down and fore sure you aren't too late for anything..."
    Samael smiled, stood up and brought another chair, while Peladjar was runnig for another mug.
    "Breakfast will come in a minute. Fine fresh and warm bread and cheese and vegetables!", he told while he put the mug on the table.

"So, Ariel, tell us, please, what happened in Dragomir Mori!?", Jude asked again...

Ariel took a sip of the herbal tea, made a deep breath and began to tell about the assault and assassination of honorable captains and the distress call from Lady Catherine ...

[to be continued]

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris awoke prior to sunrise and headed to the top deck of the ship. That early morning chill from the sea breeze cleared his thoughts and allowed him to prepare for the funeral. Three murdered Sea Captains and no clue yet as to who or why this tragedy happened. Something deep inside him told him those three souls would tell a story once laid to rest. He was concerned about Catherine and what she was going through yet he knew she would stand strong. Their friendship had stood the test of time and would continue until death. He remembered her husband Gregoire Dragomir was one of the few men in Novia that had helped him time and time again years ago when he was being followed by both the New Britannian Navy as well as the Obsidian Navy. Port Dragomir was always his safe haven. He also remembered those words spoken to him by than man the last day they had talked. "Boris, if something was to happen to me you must protect Catherine. I know her father will yet he is along in his years."

Many guests had arrived and the funeral was set for noon today. He had thought about preparing a special eulogy yet he crumbled note after note. He had to speak from the heart as he always did. It was his code that moved him every day. A man had to awaken every day and be content that he had given everything in him while staying true to himself. He walked to the shore as he did every morning and saw the lightning at a distance that signaled the gods would not be satisfied until justice was served. As he walked back from shore to Pirate's cove he could see movement next to his drydocked ship. The ship's cook was busy preparing a strong breakfast for the guests, residents and crew.

He greeted each guest many of which were friends from battles and travels. Some he did not know personally and fortunately Lady Catherine had introduced. He encouraged her to eat a strong breakfast and though not hungry she agreed. Small conversation ensued until a few minutes later three bells sounded next to Port Dragomir. It was time to gather at the cemetery. The entourage was led by Lady Catherine with Boris at her side. The chairs had been set facing the three caskets. He put his had on her arm and asked her in a whisper to sit in the front row to which she agreed. The three caskets were decorated with the Dragomir tabards and their swords. Every detail was observed to make this funeral one of respect and honor for these brave men who had passed from the realm of lies to the realm of truth.

Boris stood behind the caskets and the small congregation quieted down. He looked at each guest briefly then began to speak.

Ladies and Gentlemen; We thank you for being present to say a final farewell to these three sons of Dragomir who served with honor and courage, men who were born from and for the sea and to protect Dragomir Mori and her way of life. The life of a ship's captain is a difficult one yet this commitment these men made was born in their hearts. It was duty over family, pleasure and material wealth. These were men who were more concerned with the welfare of the crew member on their right and left , the city their ships protected than their own welfare. Their lives were led by the code "Ductus Exemplo". They led by example."

He walked to each casket and started with the first one. "Here lies the body of Captain Elwell Kendal. His name means Valley of the River. A man who was raised in that small hamlet and whose heart yearned for the sea from his childhood. A man who gave his all every day until his last breath. He is survived by his wife and children. He gave his all to Dragomir Mori, will always be remembered and honored. a true son of Dragomir. May his soul rest in peace."

Boris walked over in front of the next casket. "Here lies Captain Mattheus Winter. another son of Dragomir Mori, his last name means "harsh life", a bachelor whose only love was this city and the sea. His crew stands guard on our left. These are battle tested men like all the others crews you see standing at attention. He will always be remembered in our hearts and that of his crew. May his soul rest in peace".

As he neared the third casket. he noticed Lady Catherine clinch her fists briefly then stand next to him. "Here lies Captain Edward Mori, his name has a special meaning. Edward meaning guardian and protector, hw was the Captain of the "Misti Sea". This was the ship we christened a year and 6 days ago after a fierce battle with the Obsidians who wanted to claim Dragomir Mori for themselves. This was a man I met on that day and who I had the honor to fight alongside. He was the father of our dear Duchess and a true man of the sea. May his soul rest in peace.".

Boris noticed as Lady Catherine walked towards him to address the congregation. and spoke his introduction of the Lady and Governor of Dragomir Mori. He looked at her eyes as he spoke.

"Milady Catherine; I know you are going through a time of grief and pain yet one thing I assure you , those congregated here and the gods. I will nay rest until the perpetrators of this injustice are found and dealt with according to our law. You have my ship , my crew and my swords at your disposal. No matter where or for how long they hide rest assured I will find them and should there be a city or town that sent them they will also see their town or city burnt to ashes. He stepped to the side for her to say her final goodbyes as the pall bearers assembled representing each crew. As the caskets were lowered into the graves the crews sang the pirate lullaby for their departed captains.

6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

7. Morhir (IronFist Warhamm

Morhir (IronFist Warhamm Avatar

I find myself tired and weary from my adventures in Ravensmoor. Rumor had told that a large troll had been spotted thereabouts. I was one who never had a fondness for trolls as even their smell twists the innards of my stomach. I had scoured the area fighting and vanquishing many of the undead and wolves that inhabit the area. I had made my way to the top of a cliff and had yet to find the beast that I was looking for. From the cliff I could smell the salty air, hear the sounds of crashing waves below, and see the foam of the sea rolling upon the shore as the waves churned upon it. The air was heavy and the wind gusts upon my face indicated that a storm was quickly approaching. Off to the distance I could distinguish an Isle that was larger than the scattered sandbars and jagged rock outcrops below. That is the only place that I have not searched and that must be where the troll's lair is. I then began to feel water on what exposed skin my plate armor did not cover. The rain had began to fall and I realized that the vile beast on that island would not be humbled by my hammer today. For I was tired and the chop of the sea was large making it impractical to attempt to reach the island before nightfall. I decided that it was nigh time to return to the nearby town of Braemar to seek refuge for the evening.

I had made way north to Braemar and found the Braemar Inn and Tavern. Twas a quaint place and would suffice for this evening's rest. I shall have some ale and whatever meat they have to fill my belly. The day had grown longer than I originally anticipated. I shall ride this storm through and at first chance return to the isle and confront that troll.

"Captains murdered, a blue dragon, and a possible invasion of Dragomir Mori?" IronFist Warhammer asked as he sat at a table.
    "It is the the rumor I have heard!" exclaimed Abela, the barmaid.
    "Tis true" says the patron Karl Ragnoff as he looks up from his bowl of mutton. "Word came in from Ardoris several days ago, although the details were vague".
    "And to the integrity of this news?" I ask.
    "A traveler by the name of Worfgar, who was at the Peladjar Inn in Ardoris brought word of this. He said he overheard a conversation between Ariel and others about the murder of captains...." indulging in a gulp of ale, Karl Ragnoff continues, " ....something about a blue dragon and that an invasion was coming."
    "My gratitude for the information".

Worfgar is a very trusted friend of mine and a guild mate. We have adventured many times together and many of trolls and the like have fallen before us. If the news has come from him, then there is no falseness to its value. It seems the word of mouth has diluted parts of the story but there tends to remain at least some fragments of the truth that has made its way into my ears. This is more than a rumor and this was disturbing news to me as I knew that city was governed by an acquaintance, Catherine Rose. It had been nearly a year since I visited the city and my friend. It is not only that Catherine is an friend and ally, she is also a beloved member of our guild, whom I have sworn to safeguard and help at all costs. I am resolved that I must journey to Dragonmir Mori with haste.

"Please cancel my stay this eve Flynn. I must make way to Kingsport this evening" I say.
    "Are you sure my lord?" tavern keeper Flynn Gilson replies. "The weather is foreboding and expected to worsen. It would be wise to wait at least until dawn"
    "Time is of the essence and I must be off. I shall need to purchase a lantern if you have one available Flynn."
    "I have an extra in storage for 12 gold pieces each" replies Flynn.
    I reach into my pouch and count out 20 gold pieces. "Here are 12 gold pieces for the lantern and payment for the ale and boar meat".
    "Be safe an wary of the liches of Ravenswood, they'll have you soul shall they catch you!" shouts Flynn as a farewell note.

With lantern in hand I make my way cautiously through Ravenswood as I journey towards Kingsport. The heavy rain seems to darken and damper the meager bit of light coming from the small lantern. What shadows are made seem to watch me as if they themselves are alive. I keep my palm on the handle of my war hammer, just in case....

My plan from Kingsport is to take a ship to Central Brittaney, then to make haste on land to Dragomir Mori. On route I shall stop at my home city of Arx Draconis where I can load supplies of weapons to deliver to Lady Catherine. Perhaps I will find a few of our guild members there to accompany me and provide assistance. From Arx Draconis I shall travel through Vertas pass and make my way there as soon as possible. For the age of the news I heard is truly unknown and I hope that I will not be too late. The faster my travels will be if this cursed rain will ever stop.

Adam Crow, Mandalar, Drya and 10 others like this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Joe Vendoffsky, a relatively new merchant of Ordinis Mortis, nudged a sleeping Arkah with a shovel, “Mr. Emp? A letter came for you.” Arkah countered with incoherent mumbling and blind swatting.

“Its from a ‘Boris Mondragon’” Joe insisted.

“What.. Are you doing going through my mail?” Arkah stuttered as he climbed to his feet from the ground he had been asleep on. He had fallen asleep watching the moondails at his lab, trying to determine correlations with obsidian activity.

Arkah looked over the letter and handed it back to Joe, “Just a nicethank you letter” he said walking back into the ruin And into a hatch behind a dead hedge. Joe followed him a placed the shovel he had use to poke Arkah back with the others next to the hatch.

“Are you planning to return to Dragomir?” Joe yelled down the hatch. Arkah’s replies were muffled by reverb and slamming trunk lids until he re-emerged from the hatch “-the stars because of what that ebon dawn woman mentioned during a previous attack.” Joe got the jist of what Arkah was saying and nodded. “So you will be continuing to look for attack patterns.”

Arkah nodded and handed Joe a bag, “Try to get more than 200 for these.” Arkah placed some tools into his bag, “Yes. Cant help Dragomir much more without knowing who how or why thier captains were killed. Cya!” Arkah took off atfull speed across the fields.

9. Paladin Michael

... 1 hour later, inside the Peladjar Inn ...

"Those cowards!", Kardan Marbane shouted, his fist rosen into the air, as Ariel finished the information.

"That's bad news, really bad news...", Jude said, shaking his head.

"Ariel, is there any clue, who could be responsible and why this happened?", Fiona asked for the second time ...

Ariel shook her head very slow. "As I told: Lady Catherine couldn't explain anything at this moment. May be after they examined the corpses she can tell more."

Samael stood up. "I would suggest, we will leave to find out more ... may be their ghosts are around and I can get some information!"
    Kardan's face got frozen, and quickly after 1 second he said: "That's exactly what I wanted to say, too!"

Ariel smiled. "I hoped, both of you would say so! I think, in fact, this will be a very risky journey and more danger will await us in and around Dragomir Mori!
    Kardan's eyes moved quickly and he seemed to be a kind of nervous. "Well ...", he begun.

Ariel continued very fast: "Kardan, your courage will be honored, but I would have a very special mission for you and your abilities!"
    Kardan sat up straight: "What kind of mission do you mean?"

"Look, all would be for nothing, if we didn't have a man having his eyes and ears around. So I want you to do this for us in Aerie! You will know, if anybody there isn't on the right path! I suppose the people who are behind this assassination will have their cutthroats around!"
    Kardan smiled and nodded. "It will be a pleasure. And as fast as I get information, I will send you a".
    "Magic Pigeon!", Ariel said, handing him a white stone with a picture of a pigeon.
    Kardan took it. "Always suprising me, Ariel! Where did you get those tools from?"
    "That's another story, for another day, Kardan!", she answered smiling.

"So, let's go, friends!", Samael said.
    Jude nodded. "Good luck! I will go upstairs and ..."
    He looked at me. I smiled and got up. "Excuse me, friends, I have to buy some small things. Meet you all at the north gate in about 15 minutes!"
    So I left the Peladjar Inn, while Fiona, Ariel, Samael, Kardan, and the mysterious love warrior bought some stuff on Sequanna Square...

... Noon, Dragomir Mori ...

Using the lunar rift, we arrived at Dragomir Mori at noon, just in time to bid farewell to the honorable Captains, while listening to the words of Boris Mondragon ...
    Another good friend also came just in time: Dupre from Resolute! I assumed, another Magic Pigeon was sent this morning ...
    However, I was excited about what kind of information we would receive the next hours!

[to be continued]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  10. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Good Morning my dear residents and visitors of Dragomir Mori.

Thank you all for coming this morning.
    When we turned to leave the graves yesterday Captain Monkeysmack, Captain Boris and I noticed many of you and many visitors were standing back in complete silence and at a discreet distance as we put our captains to rest while we said our final good byes. It is with gratitude for you all that we speak today.

After the canon shots were fired all of us saw Snow soar into the soft breeze as she began her last flight for our slain Captains. Snow took the soul of Captain Edward Mori, my father, to his final resting place. Snow took the soul of Mattheus Winter to his final resting place. Snow also took Captain Elwell Kendal's soul to his final resting place. It is the desire of each of us that her flight was in calmness with without any hinderance to her having a safe journey.

All the ships in Port Dragomir Mori as well as the ships in Pirates Cove have lowered their flags to half mast in honor of our Captains. We will abserve this period of mourning for three days.

After our time of mourning we will bring scouts to help in the search for clues as to who did these murders and why. He/they will pay for this crime!

We also will search for captains to bring once again our Pirate ships to full capacity.

Within the next few weeks we hope to have the assassins known and dealt with. We are requesting that all be ready for the battles to start. Surely they will be upon us before the rooster crows when the wolves gather to howl at the full moon.

Be strong and be prepared.
    Have a good day. Work will resume at the end of three days.

One Ship, One Path, One Truth!

11. Paladin Michael

... Dusk, Dragomir Mori ...

After the funeral was over, all visitors came together and talked in silence voices about the buried people ...
    People whoe knew them told nice stories and what they knew about their life ...

Meanwhile Samael sneaked off and walked along the new graves, trying to get a sense of the spirits of the Captains ...
    But there was nothing! Not even a cry of a lost soul!
    Samael couldn't understand. What was going on? No spirit would vanish so fast from the dead body.

Suddenly he heard a voice. He turned around - Catherine and Boris stood infront of him.
    "Lady Catherine, Sir Boris Mondragon!", Samael said and bowed.
    "Samael, did you find out anything?", Catherine asked.

Samael shook his head slowly. "Unfortunately not ... Please, tell me, how they were killed?"
    Catherine closed her eyes, tears running down her cheeks. "As I told about Cutthroats... I meant it ...", she said with pain in her voice ...
    Boris laid his hand on her shoulder. "We will find them!"
    Samael continued: "It's mysterious! Whatever happened: this wasn't just a kind of assassination! Their souls aren't here - I can't hear anything from the other side!"
    Catherine and Boris looked excited.
    "What do you think about - what happened?", Boris asked.

"I don't know. I would suggest to visit Necropolis Barrens!", Samael told, "the fastest way to find out what happened to their souls!"
    "A dangerous step, brother!", Boris said, "I will be with you!"
    Samael nodded. "Not more dangerous as staying here. I would suggest you stay with Lady Catherine for the moment, until we have more information. Your time will come very soon - for sure.
    Boris took a deep breath. He would do so - not easy for him to wait, but a few hours until noon he would be patient.
    He nodded. "Okay. I will stay and wait and do my best to protect Catherine and Dragomir Mori - until you bring us message where to search!"
    "Be very careful. I will leave early in the morning just taking a few fellowers with me. I assume, we will know more before the sun reaches the highest point!", Samael told.
    "So it'll be!", Catherine said, "but for now, let's go inside and have a meal together. All of us need to be strong for the next days."

I sat at a warm fireplace with Ariel, Dupre, Fiona, and the unknown warrior of Love, talking about the last attack, where we fought side by side against the Obsidians.
    And of course the story about my "fast run, fastest than everything they'd ever seen before" was explained again and Dupre closed - again - to save the rest of my Paladin honor, how he saw me facing the dragon in Resolute.
    Smiling, I took a fine tea and delicious vegetables and bread. At this moment Samael came in, followed by Catherine and Boris. They waved at us.
    They sat at the round table in the middle of the room, surrounded by all the Avatars who arrived today to provide their help.

"Samael looks very serious.", the warrior of Love said in a special voice.
    "Yes, he does - truth you spoke, old friend", Ariel said, smiling in her special way.
    "He is a serious man!", Dupre said in his serious manner.
    "He is, but this glance is very special, even for Samael! My heart feels ...", Fiona told - and she should know ...
    I nodded. "I think you're right. He will have to tell us some news later, I assume."

[to be continued]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris and Catherine saw the guests depart for their rooms. Some wanted to stay at Stu Gotz's Inn and some wanted to stay on the rooms prepared on the docked ships. A warm meal and an assortment of refreshments had been taken by the crews. Attention to every detail had been adhered to. Many would leave after three days , many would stay and help Dragomir achieve justice and protect itself from what was to come.

Razulah nodded to Boris as the sun set over the bay. Boris nodded back and took Lady Catherine hands in his. "Milady, will you accompany us to the hidden cove on the far shore. I have a present for you if ye will allow me. It will be a brief ceremony. She nodded in agreement and they walked a short distance to this hidden cove not far from the drydocked "Dragon".

They were followed by 7 men from the "Dragon"s crew. the crew carried drums and once in place they started to play the sultry rhythms the ceremony required. These rhythms were meant to "Pull" or bring an entity from another realm to witness and bless the ceremony. Catherine's eyes were wide open with anticipation and Boris could sense her pulse quicken as the drums continued in an almost hypnotic beat. Boris noticed Razulah begin to sway back and forth and knew the entity was here manifesting herself through him. Boris led Catherine into the knee deep water and brought out the necklace. Milady, this talisman comes from the old lands and it is prepared for you. It will keep you safe and allow you to see glimpses of the future while you sleep. Do not fear it. This is Primal Magic and both the forces we think are good and those which are evil are looking for a way to manipulate it. This is an old secret that must only be allowed to those pure of heart and with the knowledge to wield it wisely. Ye have been chosen as one of those. Razulah and I have also been charged with this knowledge and responsibility".

Catherine stood there amazed at this surprise as Boris motions for the possessed Razulah to join them in the water.

The entity spoke through Razulah. "I am Madre Agua, I have guarded you since your birth and have brought you here to this land. It is here where you make your stand against evil. The plot goes far deeper than most humans can understand. Ye of the sea are the one force that can either tilt the outcome of this new land to one faction or the other. Both will try to entice you with their lies in order to learn the secrets you will learn in order to gain the ultimate power. Madre Agua then looked at Boris and spoke to him.

"Ye must protect this woman, she will lead the men and women that gather. Do not accept any titles lest those titles turn you into something you cannot become and would ultimately destroy us".

Again Razulah possessed by "Madre Agua" turned to Catherine who now look bewildered by what was transpiring in front of her eyes. Sacred symbols had been placed with salt water on the necklace and on her forehead. The necklace was given to Boris who placed it around her neck carefully and as the drum beats grew Catherine shook back and forth for a few moments. She had been joined with her ancestor spirit who would now protect her through the talisman. Razulah came to as "Madre Agua" left his body and looked pale for a few seconds until he regained full consciousness.

Boris turned to Catherine once more. "Milady, you will rest well tonight. Let your dreams and visions guide us. We depend on your vision and our fleet to protect not just Dragomir but also the rest of Novia from the political plots of both Light and Darkness. He let those words and her experience sink in as they headed back to Pirate's Cove. He knew she had many questions and he would answer them all. She was one of them now and she would learn the ways of the Primal Magic.

13. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

The winds are calm and the stars bright as The Tempest sails the last few miles toward Dragomir Mori.
    The three torches placed by Duchess CatherineRose can be seen for miles in the stillness of the night.
    Trinity is cautious to not upset the town with any more excitement especially from a strange pirate ship approaching in the night. The Tempest will anchor offshore until dawn.

Peg, the quartermaster launches a long boat to be sent into the cove at dawn to announce the arrival of Captain Trinity and The Tempest.

Trinity wonders if she has arrived in time to comfort her childhood friend CatherineRose.
    As children there were many times they were able to comfort and save each other.
    Hopefully she has arrived in time to attend the burial of her father.

Trinity remembers a time when CatherineRose comforted her and even saved her life.
    After this time, my childhood ended and I became a warrior.

My brother, Zane, CatherineRose and I were playing in the fields around her family estate in Profectus Mori.
    CatherineRose loved to pretend she was a Duchess and Zane and I were her servants in her castle.
    LOL She loved to dress up and order us around.

I remember CatherineRose saying,
    "My dear servant Zane, please have Trinity prepare some tea and crumpets and please serve it to me in the parlor"
    Zane was very fond of CatherineRose loved to play as her servant.
    He said "Yes mi Lady" and bowed as he exited the make-believe room.

Zane ran to where I was and said,
    "Trinity, mi Lady wishes to have tea and crumpets served in the parlor."
    "Please prepare them immediately with due haste".

I remember thinking, "I should put some sour berries in her tea"
    LOL but instead, I loved to play so I made the tea and crumpets for Zane to take back to the Duchess.

As Zane was carrying the tea into CatherineRose, a dark strange creature appeared from behind the tree next to Zane.
    I had never seen anything like it. It appeared to be a black ghostly mist and was carrying a large sword.
    The creature caught Zane and grabbed my long red hair and pulled us deep into the woods.
    I tried to scream but no sound would come out as if some magic spell was upon my mouth.

The dark entity threw me against a tree and was still holding Zane by the hair of his head.
    Dazed from hitting the tree I saw him draw his sword.
    In one swift swing Zane's head was severed from his lifeless body.
    Then the dark form moved toward me with the sword raised to strike.

At that moment, CatherineRose screamed a blood curling scream so loud it would raise the dead.
    She then screamed to her father near the docks.
    "Father, come quickly with your men we are being attacked"

The creature stopped, moved closser toward me and whispered,
    "We shall meet again, I will be back for your head."
    His breath was cold as frost and the stench of rotting flesh.
    As quickly as he came, he was gone, taking Zane's head with him he disappeared into the forest.

Had it not been for the scream of my friend CatherineRose, I would be dead.
    She and I held each other and cried for days over the loss of my brother.

I owe her my life and she needs my help!
    I will do anything to help my friend!
    I pray I am not too late!

14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

News soon reached Silverdale that there was trouble in Dragomir Mori of murders and Dragons.

"Hmm..." Xee Pondered. "Sounds like trouble has struck Dragomir Mori. Dysis It looks like CathreineRose and others may have their hands full."
    "I think we should assemble the fleet. It would be good practice for our Areonaughts to get some training under the belt" Dysis proclaimed

"Atlas, Its time lets open the hangers and prepare the ships" Xee Stated.

Atlas the Automation came to life "As you wish Sir."

"Dysis, Ready the troops" Xee requested.

"At once." She responded.

Xee pulled an orb from his pocket. "Adventures of Silverdale, we are in need of your aid today as we prepare for a long trip in the skys to aid our dear friend CathrineRose and her allies. I request all adventures who wish to sign up for this trip please see lady Dysis in the Keep. Bring as much as you can carry as it will be many moons before we return"

As Afternoon came The ships were loaded and took flight over Silverdale

[​IMG]

The Day was long as they closed in on the city of Dragomir Mori at night.

"There!" Yelled Asylum from the bridge. "I see CathrineRoses keep over yonder".

"Take her down Sir" Dysis commanded.

Both Air ships maneuvered over the town in a great display as people came to the streets to look up. "Look mom" A child pointed to the sky. "Who is that?"

The ships glided in and rested behind lady CathrineRoses Keep with out so much as an incident.

"Tie her down folks, we expect winds tonight and don't want to have us hitting these trees." Xee stated.

[​IMG]
    Dysis "We have secured the area Xee"

"Thanks my good lady" Xee responded "Now let us not waste time and go pay a visit to CatherineRose and find out what is going on."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  15. Paladin Michael

... Before dawn, Dragomir Mori ...

Samael told us about the mysterious vanishing of the spirits of the Captains.
    "So we should leave and go to Necropolis!", Fiona said.
    "No, friends.", Samael continued, "only three of us will go before dawn: Me, our Warrior of Love and Paladin Michael."
    "Why is that?", Ariel asked and Dupre added: "I wish to escort you!".
    Samael raised his hands. "Please, be silent. It's very important at this moment to be as inconspicuous as we can. The people behind this assassination are watching us! And those assassin are still around.
    So we won't give a reason to attack us. And: at the moment it is very important to have this place guarded! Until we know more. And believe me - at noon we will know! So please, stay here to watch and guard this place."

Our friends understood and after sleeping a few hours, Samael, the Warrior of Love and I stood up and travelled to Necropolis ...

... very early morning, Necropolis, Perennial Coast ...
    "Will we talk to the undead leader again, Samael?", I asked.
    "No, we won't!", Samael answered, as we arrived.
    The Warrior of Love turned around. "But why are we here?"
    Samael smiled. "Well, to visit an old friend of us!"
    Now we understood! We weren't here to climb down to the death.
    We came here to talk to the master of death magic!

We climbed up to his wellknown place and stood infront of his tent, a fire burned and the mysterious traveller Davropos sat on the ground, meditative.

Before we could start talking to him, he smiled.
    "So you came to visit me? Sit down and have a tea with me!".
    So we did - and Samael told him what happened.
    Davropos nodded. "Yes, it seems mysterious - but it isn't!"
    "So you know, what happened?", I asked.
    "I didn't say that. But if spirits aren't around their corpses a few hours after they have been killed, there is only one possibility!"
    Our Love warrior took a deep breath. "So, please, friend, tell us, what this possibility could look like?"
    Davropos continued. "Nobody can carry them away - except ..."
    Samael jumped up, crying out: "A Necromancer!"
    "A Necromancer with enough power to do so. If I got it right, a very powerful one must have been there to capture their souls into a kind of vehicle!"
    "So they were killed to imprison their souls - but for wha reason? ... Can we be sure, they are not over there with the undead?", Samael asked.
    "Yes, we can. If three souls would have arrived, I would know - I would have gotten a sense ...", Davropos answered.
    "Thank you, Davropos.", Samael said thankful.
    "But can you tell something about where the souls of those Captains could be - and this Necromancer and why their souls were kept?", I asked excited.
    "Well, I would tell you, if I would knew something. But unfortunately I don't. All I could say is what I told you. Keep your eyes open! Find the Necromancer and you will find their souls, and of course, their murderer and the answer, why they did so ..."

After 1 hour of talking we left Davropos, heading to Etceter to took the boat to Aerie ...
    While the boat was leaving, Samael was deep in thoughts. The Warrior of Love recognized and asked: "Samael, what's going on? Your face looks so sad..."
    "Well, I told our friends and Boris and Catherine, we would come back with the information who is responsible - but we only know what could be. A kind of Necromancer ... What shall I tell them?"
    "The truth, Samael! You did your best. And they will know!", I said.

So we went back to Dragomir Mori, not knowing, what happened meanwhile ...

[to be continued]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I met Peg yesterday evening not long before sunset.
    As Quartermaster under Captain Trinity he had been ordered to row into the harbor and announce the arrival of The Tempest.

I was excited to once again after so many years to be face to face with my childhood friend so when I saw the long boat sitting near the main dock I ran across the shore toward the bridge. I then noticed a man standing there I had not seen before. At that moment Peg saw me as well running near the shore.

"Hail, I am Peg, quartermaster of the ship The Tempest under the command of Captain Trinity."

I shouted to him in return. "Welcome. I am Duchess CatherineRose, Governor of Dragomir Mori. We have been expecting your arrival."

I reached where Peg was standing. I said to him "But where is The Tempest and where is Trinity?
    Please come ashore and I will have My Lady fetch you some food and drink"

"It is kind of you to offer food and drink but I must hurry back to the ship. Captain Trinity is aboard The Tempest which is anchored a short way off shore. I rowed to shore to announce her arrival and to find a suitable place to dock"

At my request Peg followed me to the dock where I had reserved a place for The Tempest. He surveyed the place and seemed quite pleased.

"This will be suitable, I am sure Captain Trinity will approve of this location. It is near the protected end of the dock where I and the crew will easily survey the entire Pirate Cove area of the Port of Dragomir."

"Please, Peg, return quickly to The Tempest and tell Trinity I will be waiting for her to take food and drink with me at sunset. I have requested my cooks to prepare a meal for us on the Misti Sea ."

"Thank you milady, Fare Thee well"

He bowed to me and stepped onto the long boat for his return to The Tempest.

[​IMG]

17. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

"What, what are you saying?" What? Slow down and tell me what you are saying. I can not understand you.

I ran to my balconies and sure enough it appeared that we are being invaded by a fleet of airships. I started laughing because it certainly would appear to My Lady and the cooks in my castle that we were being invaded .

My Lady, you are safe. Boris Mondragon along with all the pirates at the port and I agreed that when Xee from Silverdale offered his fleet of airships to help Dragomir Mori that we should accept his offer to assist us when there would be a battle. We know without a doubt there will be a battle because why else would three of our captains be assassinated. Why would there be such a struggle and strange forces all around? Even the clouds as they gather seem to be at war.

We have also learned that Samuel can not hear the voices of the captains souls Snow took to their final resting places.

Boris believes there is an evil descending upon us for which all Novians must be prepared. He had a special ceremony for me during which he gave me a special talisman. The Sea Goddess had given it to him for me. I was charged to lead in purity and with responsibility the knowledge of good and evil. This knowledge would come in visions and in dreams. This was a strange and wonderful ceremony. We ........

"Go to the door I hear knocking. It is most likely the captains and crew of the airships.."

18. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Boris, I received a strange message not long before The Tempest brought Captain Trinity to dock in Pirate Cove.

The message was from Violet Green who is the captain of a pirate ship docked in Jade Valley.

She heard of the attacks here in Dragomir Mori from some of the other pirates docked there as well and requested to speak with you. In her message she spoke of a great evil that happened to her which made her think that what happened to her may be a clue as to the assassinations here in Dragomir Mori.

I could not locate you at the time I received her message. I sent word back to her I told her that we are about to conclude our three days of mourning for our murdered captains so after that she will be welcomed into port. She will tell you all that has happened to her at that time.

19. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

"Thank you My Lady for bringing this warm tea. It feels so cold today with the sky so grey and the wind so strong. It gives me an uneasy feeling for there seems to be even more trouble brewing. "

Yesterday evening before sunset The Tempest arrived in port announced by Peg that she was needing to dock in Pirate Cove at the Port of Dragomir. This was the first time I met Peg who is the Quartermaster of The Tempest for Captain Trinity. I had sent Trinity a message to please come that I needed her comfort since my father had been assassinated. Although it has been many years since I we had seen each other she was still one of my dearest and oldest friends for we had played long ago on my grand parents estate as children.
    Trinity had always heard the call of the sea even as children playing in the fields. I wanted to play like I was a duchess with music and joy all around calling to her and her brother to bring me tea and crumpets. Trinity, wanted to play being a pirate with swords and wands. She wanted nothing to do with embroidery or taking music lessons. We built ships to sail on the waters around my grandparents estate. My father was a great influence on Trinity for he was a pirate sailing the seas protecting Novia even before many cities were in existence. My mother had died when I was just an infant and so my grandparents and taken me in to raise. I did see my father often and he would take me on his ship while in port and we sailed around the then Port of Perfectus Mori. My love for the seas has never waned all these years.

We enjoyed the time together even tho we had a difficult time speaking about all that has been happening in Dragomir Mori.
    The entire time we spoke Snow was unable to find rest. She would sit quietly and then jump up and run around all over the room. She seemed so agitated by something but was unable to tell me what it was.
    We were talking about the behavior of Snow when Trinity told me of a most unusual occurrence at sea.

"I wanted to be here to comfort you during the funeral for your father but the seas would not allow it. It was as if some dark magic in the water and in the air was pushing The Tempest away from Dragomir Mori. There was such an eerie time that Peg was alarmed and said that we need all the crew to be on hand. There could be no sleep until we made it past the rocky shores surrounding Aerie before entering the Port of Dragomir."

"Yes, My Lady, thank you for preparing my bath for I am quit tired tonight. Tomorrow Trinity and I will visit again. We have so much to share."

20. Peg

Peg Avatar

Thank you Governor CatherineRose for providing food and drink for the crew.
    The Tempest is securely docked and will have constant watch over Pirates Cove.

The Tempest crew will alert Dragomir Mori of any danger with 3 blasts from the gunner's viking horn and 3 fire arrows into the sky above the cove.
    Peg, quartermaster The Tempest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.