1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

The book authoring system needs a little love.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Kaffien, Dec 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    1. Please please please, let me drag the interface away from the book so I can SEE the
    changes being made. This is infuriating as I cannot move it.

2. Work in some kind of editor or allow for import of a marked up file. I'm not saying
    Microsoft Word, but formatting is tiresome and painful in the current iteration.

3. Allow us to open a book import, and save said book. Then edit the book later.
    Once we are satisfied with said book, then we can publish and lock it in stone.
    The current system is restrictive and off putting. Think of the lore and stories we're missing out on.

Thank you for reading my wishlist.

2. DefectedZephyr

DefectedZephyr Avatar

Immortal City - Mistrendur, Arlia - Novia
    Books need a lot of love and very overlooked when it comes to changes/updates. This will most definitely be welcomed <3

Olthadir and Elgarion like this.
  3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    One thing that could be an intermediate step, maybe release a word / google docs template with the margins preset.
    Or, perhaps share with use the exact dimensions and margins etc of the editor so that we could edit with a bit more confidence?

Olthadir likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I still think we really need a field for author, which is different from the crafter (or scribe). Its important for things like player made quests and lore, which the devs want us to create.

Also right now there's an option to change the font between runic and Latin, but I think it would be nice if we could have a format tag to switch the font in the text, and for instance, insert runic in English text. The game could then add fonts in the future, for instance, to include a symbol font that has things like magic school glyphs, virtue symbols, moon phases, etc. And these symbols could be embedded in books this way.

Olthadir, FBohler and Paladin Michael like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.