The Bug Brigade - Community QA Volunteers Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Attenwood, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf Avatar

I just move to Bastion's Point and I had two houses before one in OWC and Nesoskia. Each had a vendor one I bought in game and the other came with my bundle a tax free vendor. But I claimed my new lots in Bastion's Point , Doing so makes everything go to the bank. Yet I have looked in the bank and all my chests, yet no vendors. Need help figuring out where they went. I have Three Toons LordBeowulf , Legolas Greenleaf, and LadyMorgana. Any help would be nice....

Thanks, LordBeowulf

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

3. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

Hi everyone !

Not sure if this is a bug or just bad luck. But I buy that magical 2 handed sword with 3 masterwork on it, because I am only good at enchanting swords, so I try my first enchant with 93% chance, and BOOM, destroyed. I am okay with this, the 7% chance took on. Then I get to trade a belt of the ox for a dragon neck bone because I can never find any, I craft my beautiful pair of meteoric bone leggings ( first ones I've seen yet so far ), and decide to first masterwork these, and with 91% success chance, BOOM, destroyed. Not sure if I am getting very unlucky, but I am not whiling to enchant/masterwork anymore with such results. Like, am I the only one with such bad luck or are these percentages not really representatives anymore? Because this is a 2 failures out of 2 tries so far after the update, with an average of 8% chance to fail.

Thanks for answering,

4. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

Or maybe Portalarium can give me a dragon neck bone back? :p

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Sadly dice can roll that way :( Im not sure they would if you lost them due to crafting unfortunates, Ive failed 8 times in a row with a 93% chance of success, it can just suck sometimes - this thread is not really the place for these conversations.

Beli and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

I am curious, what happens to bugs that are reported, but no one responds to? Do they get ignored completely? Should I pay attention to which bugs I submit are ignored and repost them every release till someone responds to the thread?

Koldar and FrostII like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Those are very good questions, @Net .
    Questions that many of us have.
    With 11 mill in funding, you'd think that someone could be assigned to at least let us know what the status is on something that we've taken the time to report as possibly buggy...
    I have spent literally hours documenting, filming, uploading bugs to help this game - and I've had some of them never-ever responded to.
    It's a slap in the face.....
    Sorry, but that's how some of us feel.

Are you paying attention, Portalarium ! @Lord British @DarkStarr , @Chris @dallas

I certainly hope so.

Koldar and Net like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Maybe this thread is not the best place to voice our concern's, Net.....
    Just thinkin' out loud.

I think the subject that you brought up may well deserve it's own thread.

Koldar likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

:rolleyes:

10. Net

Net Avatar

Well, I hope to get some response in here, if not, I might try starting new thread. Anyway, I am probably not the only one with the concerns and questions how the current system does (not) work, so if anyone else wants to start new thread for that kind of discussions, it is quite okay.

Koldar and Athanil like this.
  11. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for your concern and feedback. We are a small team of very passionate individuals wearing many hats. While we do our best to comb the forums and make certain that EVERY issue is responded to, sometimes reports fall through the cracks. There are other instances where we are awaiting responses with necessary information, unable to reproduce an issue internally, focusing our time and attention on what we consider Prioritized/Critical reports, reports that we know have been addressed as duplicates and already submitted, or dedicating our attention to NEW Critical reports of bugs discovered in the QA process for an upcoming build.

Ideally if Dev coverage has not reached a bug report, the intent for the Bug Brigade is to be able to assist in sweeping through and cataloging unresponded to reports for Devs to review at a later date. If you believe a section of the forums is not receiving even THAT level of coverage, please PM me directly and we'll investigate options including increasing active Bug Brigade members to be able to assist the dev team in forum review and response.

Our time must be triaged, I hope you understand. Obviously we have no desire to let bugs go unanswered and we are constantly working to make the bug reportings/QA process better. In fact, you should be able to observe that within the past several releases we have actually adjusted our forum processing to be even more responsive and transparent in which issues have been addressed in their titles, as well as providing trackable Bug ID numbers so that at any time a player can request a dev to look into a reported bug's progress. Small steps forward.

Hornpipe, Sentinel2, Barugon and 6 others like this.
  12. Attenwood

@Net @FrostII

TL;DR version: We share your concerns, and have no desire for any bug report to go unanswered. We are aware of our hardworking team's bandwidth limitations. We will continue to explore solutions for how to optimize this process to make it better for everyone going forward.

13. Net

Net Avatar

Thank you for the response @Attenwood, I know you work hard and with limited resources and people.
    Just for the clarification, when should I consider my bug report to be fallen through cracks? When it was not responded to within week? 14 days?
    As above, if some forum section has some unresponded threads older than (week?), should I PM that?

That being said, I like many improvements I see, a lot of bug reports do receive bug ID (and others are marked as duplicates or "is a feature" labels). I am just concerned, and maybe little discouraged with bugs that may not be critical, but receive no repsonse and I have no idea whether they are even put on the list somewhere.

On a sidenote. I can notification for threads that contain replies, so I see all off my bug reports that were responded to. But it is quite hard to spot that some of my threads was ignored, I need to go to bug section and go through 8 pages of bugs to see if there was overlooked thread or not. Wish I knew how to filter out all threads posted by me in certain forum sections.

Hornpipe likes this.
  14. Attenwood

Thank you for the response and questions!

My recommendation would be to give it a week. If not responded to within a 7-day window, I'd mark it as needing to be resubmitted, or pinging to make sure it's seen by the active dev-on-duty making waves in those forums. Although, for my own and many devs' sanity, a rereview of the report to make sure of the following always helps:
    1. Is it still occurring
    2. Is it easily reproducible
    3. Have I documented in the thread how to reproduce it in a clear/concise manner using the expected bug template.

Not to suggest you don't do any of these things already, but as a general rule of thumb for everyone. If the above is provided, it has the benefit of:
    1. Making your bug easier to submit effectively to the team
    2. Less time spent needing to decipher bugs for reproduction (and by proxy, more time that can be spent looking at others' reports too!)
    3. My sustained sanity. ;)

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If they are not responded to either by team or by the Bug Brigade then yes then they have fallen through the cracks.
    What I would do is at release week (which is upon us) I'd simply do a search on my old bug reports, then if I spot one that I think is super important or if they missed one then I test them in the new release and if so bug them again (usually with a link to my old report).

How to filter on your posts:

Click the search top right.
    Click the More button.
    Fill in Posted by Member.
    in the Search in Forums select the Release XX Bug Forum, and be sure to have the check on Search child forums.
    Click Search.
    And then World Domination.

Edit:
    So I checked and of my bug reports I found three that had no response during the last release. Those then I will list and check again at release - if the issues remain I will then bug them again. (pun intended)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

I feel the Bug Brigade has made a pretty big difference the last few months. Less of my threads are being unanswered, but yes there are still a few that don't ever receive attention. I have started tracking my bug reports in a spreadsheet, kinda helpful!

17. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im really worried in case Im missing some bugs in the forums, I swear I do check but maybe what if I missed some .. if you ever post some in the interface section and you feel I ignored you (and a dev didnt get to you first) .. please PM me and ask me to look cos if I missed it, Im really sorry

Net and FrostII like this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So I have an issue I reported against the QA server that wasn't followed up on. Then I reposted it once R39 went live. After two weeks, it hasn't been followed up on. I've posted about it while directly tagging @Attenwood in discourse twice in the devplus channel. The bug brigade clearly isn't following up on it. It's 100% reproducible and still exists. Frankly I don't know what more I *could* do to bring attention to it.

Net likes this.
  19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Mishikal if you give me the link - I will personally ensure it gets flagged for follow up

Spoon and Net like this.
  20. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Your bug has been reproduced and recorded for review, thanks!

Mishikal and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.