Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Curse - Mage's Last Defense

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Net, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

Killing mage is bad, m'kay. Most people know it, or should know it. The person inflicting the final blow is often cursed and if they do not seek out skilled Priest or similar person, they often die shortly afterwards.

Therefore I think that mages should have the ability to curse the person attacking them (especially the one killing them). The curse can have many forms, it can make the person extremly unlucky. It can prevent them from regenerating health and/or focus. It can turn them in a squee frog. I think that the curse should use all mage's focus and possibly some health as well. It would be really powerful spell that would be sealed if the mage was killed in the next few seconds. However, it would meant that the person killing the mage would most likely met their doom in the very next fight.

PS: That being said, we also need ability to take down opponents without killing them. Long-term knock outs. I remember that we could respawn where we died before. That mechanic would work greatly for non-lethal take-downs. Peopel could avoid the curse this way ot just bad karma while still taking care of any hostiles.

2. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

there would need to be a way to remove a curse

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

No. Curses are forever. Like herpes.

4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

the curse of the white man from town is upon you, they don't talk about it in books but its on you. -the white man from town in Thinner.

5. Net

Net Avatar

There should be two ways how to get rid of curse
    1) Die (maybe multiple times for high level curse)?
    2) Skilled Priest/Paladin/Healer should be able to remove curse, but it should not be cheap, fast nor easy.

The thing here is, you want to avoid being cursed in the first place. The easiest way how to do that is avoid killing enemy mage as he may curse you. It is just bad luck killing mage, much worse than if you see Grim or Banshee.

Sir Cabirus and Moonshadow like this.
  6. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i agree, it shouldn't be easy to remove a cure, should take a some eye of newt, a high level withc and a full moon ....... it shouldnt be easy to bestow a curse either though :p

Net likes this.
  7. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

I think there should probably be a verbal component that has to be crafted by the mage in question, you know, something like:

"May all the slugs from the deepest bowls of Hades infest your vegetable patch forever!"

or mayhaps:

"Although I know not what a "Justin Bieber" is I curse his musical whining and spotty adolescent attempt at sexuality upon you for all of eternity."

or even:

"May you be cursed never to leave the first room of the Compendium where there will be stags and piped Barry Manilow until the end of time."

Just a thought.

DF.

Moonshadow and Net like this.
  8. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

haha, yeah. The dying mage should have to get that text typed out properly in the 5 seconds after they die before they start oOooOooo...but if they do, look out brother!

There can be different recopies:
    subject-type-timing
    timing-type-subject

or the near impossible to execute but dastardly...
    subject-timing-type-location

Net, Moonshadow and prospereau like this.
  9. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

First the mage should be made a bit more competitive, otherwise the only effective contribution i would be providing to my team would be lots of curses!

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.