The Death of Lord British Ultima Online 8/9/97

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Razimus, May 15, 2016.

1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

The Death of Lord British in Ultima Online on August 9th 1997

I took the first screen shot of the death of Lord British on August 9th 1997, Mental4 of Ultima Scorched took the 2nd screen shot after LB's death, and many after that, because I was in full screen mode I only took the one. Made a video about the experience, thanks for checking it out, took a lot of time and effort to make.

The Death of Lord British (Boring Version)

Well I made a boring version before I spiced it up with what I would consider a more interesting version, but for those that don't like the over the top version featuring 3pac (RIP), I thought I deleted the boring version but apparently not, so I uploaded it for those that prefer to eat their porridge plain without sugar and all those fancy spices.

Alexander, gtesser, Berek and 7 others like this.
  2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Mmmm. Gruel...

Great videos. Thanks for the links. 8^)

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I was there.

(I was actually so lagged out most the time I had no idea what was going on)

I dont even remember my char name I used in beta but since I was in college and in some heavy history class's it was either Caesar, Augustus or Vader. All chars I played for several years after release.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Maiya al Khadir and Razimus like this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I got to kill him myself during the post telethon PvP tourney (I dealt him his second death, this is actually a pic of the first that I barely missed the last blow)

[​IMG]

Razimus likes this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Nice! Yeah I didn't even come close to killing him, I haven't built up my char in a long time, but LB did kill me 2 times easily. I took a screen shot too. Wish I recorded it. I did record afterwards though, I was pretty lagged w/ wifi, I really need to directly connect in such PvP areas. Cool screen shot!

6. hoofz

hoofz Avatar

This reminded me to retrieve the Jawbone of Lord British from the oracle!

My brother was there when Lord British was killed by the fire field heard round the world. I had not started playing yet, as at that age we shared a PC. However, I was sitting there next to him watching while I had no idea what was going on at the time!