The Features of the game - Request to Devs

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by majoria70, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you to the Devs for making this game for us and especially with us.

This game has not by any means told it's own story fully.

What it is now and can be even more so in the future is a living world where Avatars call it their game world home.

Coming into the game everyday will bring the world alive (now this is future speculations ok).

I picture Majoria coming alive in this world. What happens that day is only limited by her imagination. Her pet animals will greet her, the world will greet her. the adventures she has day to day will be given by the many choices the game offers. Will she call all friends, all players to participate in a horse race, a concert or a name that tune event, perhaps a gust ball event, a fishing contest, or a sea monster has been spied off the coast of etceter and the game announces calling for all players to come to take it down?

Also the towns people (NPCs) are worried and will notice it as they will notice things more going on around them. NPCs have by then been given responses to what is going on around them such as music played and they may dance, danger around them is noticed and they comment, and fighting avatars around them is noticed and commented about. Yes it would make it more alive if we see them join in dancing if music is played. I love that in games. NPCs reacting to changing environment.;)

Anyway for this Sea Monster The players will bring their boats and best weapons and hit the sea readied to take that monster down.

This will be after episode 2 of course when boating hits the game and hopefully by then fishing will have been updated and enhanced and much more enjoyable from getting fish types around the world per climate and location, weight and lore showing when you point at the fish, bait types to use on fish should be discovered which works best to catch the fish.

Perhaps they are not in a moldy worm bait mood that day and perhaps they want a nice juicy grasshopper instead. *sighs* ;)

But certain baits are more important to some fish than others.

Perhaps after that many will decide to participate in the fishing contest going on where the big sea fish named 'Old Snorkel' was said to be in these waters and who knows what he has eaten or swallowed to give those who catch him.

The local NPCs are in fear of their fishing business and trade due to this fishs' voracious appetite and commenting about it. Perhaps there is a quest also for the fish. ;)

At the time this happens the game will have enhanced its fishing and fish bait will have been added in to the game so the competition would be interesting and challenging to find which bait worked for this fish and any other types of fish.

Perhaps you did not catch this fish but you did catch the largest fish of the day another contender that weighed a mere 100 pounds and was said to be out of area for his usual favored water type is usually more on the chilly side. So it was a win/win situation and tons of fun either way to reel him in by twisting your line to the right then to the left, then let up a little line and bam then you have him or does he have you? lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Perhaps the type of fishing pole will determine the catch sometimes since some fishing line will be too weak to hold a fish and maybe break occasionally so you just carry some extra fishing line and different weights of line to catch different fish.

And such as a sea monster could not be caught with a lowly fishing pole but we would need harpoons and nets to reel him in once he has been taken down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Or some may decide they are feeling feisty and quarrel over their boats and fish catches for the day and participate in sea battles (pvp only related and consensual of course) ;).
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

For mounts I see an ability to tame them and name them. They can die in battle if not protected but if trained properly and armored they could assist you.

My mounts will be trained for the horse races I want to have. A track with bleachers already exists in game and I cannot remember which town I saw it in but we do have one. Also very cool to have the ability to make our own race track and obstacle course for the horse races.

Horses would need to know how to jump over hurtles too. So perhaps we can train them to jump higher, run faster, fight better and be more loyal to us.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In my opinion and I am concerned that in Making tons of content and tons of new scenes that will not take us away from improving the systems we already have in game that could be embellished such as fishing, agriculture, pvp options and fun, and so much more. Some of These are still bare bones waiting for updates and upgrades.

At this moment We cannot have a fishing contest yet, we cannot have a horse race or a sea battle yet, and we cannot fish up message in a bottles with map or map pieces, or quests to find all the pieces, and we cannot yet fully see what this game can become but we can see that it has much more possibilities to play in right now.

There is more and more to do each release of course. This game is only getting better. I am though as mentioned concerned that new content wins out over systems we already have. Let's get these done or enhanced please @DarkStarr or at least give a timeline and don't have us hear things like fishing is not worth it. It is an old system in the game and a popular system or it could be. Lots of ideas to make it great have been made throughout the years and I will of course remind of some of them on this thread.

Our fishing should allow for those contests as to agriculture we could have growing contests. Who did grow the largest tomato and did it not have a worm hole in it for example?

[​IMG]

Treasure hunting is a popular feature we can add later in game development in more detail even though I have heard rumors there is some treasure hunting going on someplace. This system can in later days be developed with cool survey skills, and treasure map levels, and surprises.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My request from our dev team is to enhance our current world and the systems we have also to allow for more of our own adventures. So far and thanks to you our devs we have an amazing world to play in.

As we journey together to make this game stand apart from others it will take something. Our current systems need to be fun and stand out in their interesting details as well as any future additions to the game would.

All in all what this game will become is due to this wonderful development team and what they make for us.

I of course have my visions and while I really would love to see them come into fruition this Dev team won't know of our thoughts, our hopes and dreams for this game if we do not tell them.

So of course you know me and I will do that ongoing and I invite you on this thread and on this forum to post your request and thoughts and not to argue or make fun of those thoughts others do have but to give your own thoughts and ideas so the Devs can see all in one place what this community wants to see.

So keep it fun, keep it kind, and keep it constructive. ;)

So for this amazing game let the Devs hear your requests of what is fun for you.

It is my honor and pleasure to be here playing this game with all of you and as the Devs say Thank you, thank you, thank you from me to you and of course most of all to the Dev team we have for their patience and tolerance and their ability to listen to our complaints and still continue so wonderfully in making this amazing game for us and with us. *cheers*

edited some typos and added clarifying comments.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. Koss

Koss Avatar

As always Majoria... Spot on. :)

Ataniiq and majoria70 like this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

So what's the biggest sea monster (Kraken, Leviathan, Midgard Serpent) ?
    You sure has good fishing plans.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Jörmungandr (midgårdsormen) at the start of the cycle is wrapping half around the earth and at the end of the cycle more than one full wrap around the earth.
    So that on is the largest by a wide margin.

The Kraken is but 16-20km. And lives in tge North Sea. Which is a big and deep sea. While any given ordinary kraken is 1km.

While the leviathan eats one whale a day so roughly 50-100m. And lives in the Mediterranean which compared to North Sea is smaller.

5. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Shroud is dead.

Koldar and digriz like this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Still love your brain @majoria70 Beautifully presented and +1 from me.

It's alive and well for me, my guild and my friends. $90k in cash from the last telethon says its very alive too.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Please lets pick up our picket signs for the fishing updates to happen. What would you like to see in fishing updates? I took someone fishing last night who has been playing SOTA and Black Desert Online. I do not want Black Desert Fishing for us necessarily and definitely not to stay on line auto fishing all night. Fishing in BDO is a money maker for players.

In Sota it is nothing but perhaps to collect some cloth to salvage and catch the same 3 fish over and over and chat with someone while doing it if you are lucky. No fish looking for special bait to entice them. No higher tier recipes to make with our fishing. Please pick up your picket signs to get this core feature updated as it is continually pushed and not updated. @DarkStarr

Fishing is only one thing. Agriculture could also have its own many pictures for ideas. As backers of the community and players who care about this game this is up to us to say what we like. Join me in constructive feedback to get the features of the game updated with ideas and descriptions as we try to make a difference for what's fun in this game and what's not even though that may be different. We all know that is true but all of our systems should be fun, interesting, and challenging.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  8. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

*picks up picket sign* ;)

9. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

10. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Any idea what the hold up on fishing is? I didn't know it was a complex system to implement.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They say they have to update all the water in all scenes to be the same. I'm not sure how big of a deal this is but I hope it can happen soon and is priority too.

12. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Seems like a good start would be doing a few scenes just to show us the mechanics.

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I support interesting fishing and treasure hunts and all that <3

majoria70 and Bigg like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi I changed the title to better reflect the subject to talk about features of the game instead of the future of the game even though the two could be related perhaps and not to speculate but I do have a dream since 2013 when I heard about this game. There are still as mentioned above things I'm still waiting for.

Fei Akhart likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Come join in the picketing fellow Avatars. Let's get this game soaring forward.

[​IMG]

16. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree, at least throw a couple other types of fish in. I do a lot of fishing when I get sick of everything else in the game and it would be nice if you know, it was more than 2 types.

Not asking for a sea serpent... yet :) Surprised Winfield hasn't been able to get this in :)

majoria70 likes this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello since I'm away from the game until I return from my trip I will refresh this post since it has pictures and ideas for some our current and future systems. I'm just posting on my phone *sighs*. Feel free to keep adding your great ideas for our systems to get more aliveness. We need no bare bones systems in this game. It is our virtual world after all and each one needs to have great details deserving of that world. @Devs

Edited

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Gabriel Nightshadow and Ataniiq like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.