The future of pledges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Stein, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

I'm curious..Will the pledge store be gone when the game launches? Since you are pledging for the creation of the game, does that go away after launch? Lets just say..I'm Lord Marshal... the game launches ..E-1..all is good..and E-2 will have more space and lots and I decide I wish to goto Baron or Duke. Is that not an option after launch? Even if its more $? I haven't seen any posts about that and if there are I'm sorry for wasting time. I'm sure the stretch goal and add-ons will still be available. That would be important info for me and will be grateful If I can get an answer. Is it pledge now or upgrade before launch or still be able to after launch? That is the question....I would think not...but maybe I'm wrong..they still need $$ for the future episodes....

StarLord, licemeat and Time Lord like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Maybe it will change some over time but development will continue after the first release to make the other 4 releases, so there will probably still be funding needed to make those. I would think you have a good question to get it clarified, well if they even exactly know how that is going to look at this point. I just think it will stay for us to get all the cool things in the game that weren't in yet at the first release.:)

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'd like to see a sunset date for the current pledges at some point. I think it's important to continue to have pledges, but to also keep the sense of exclusion alive.

Lord Stein, Time Lord and Derium like this.
  4. AlexFiend

AlexFiend Avatar

I understand funding is needed but I think it'll just piss people off and cause them to not want to play if people can buy their way to the top.

Lord Stein and Time Lord like this.
  5. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

The pledges themselves actually give a hint as to the answer to this

From the Patron Pledge

Lord Stein, Time Lord and Derium like this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I get Kickstarter. You make all sorts of weird promises, hoping to get your project funded.
    I get having some special edition where you pay $100 or so for in game cool stuff.
    I get having things where you pay of front which may be the equivalent of a perpetual monthly sub. or even 2-3x that. (e.g. Citizen, Lord, Baron).
    I get cosmetic in the shop.

But it feels like way too much at this point to be. During KS, I felt that many generous people stepping up benefited the entire community and I'm thankful for them. But, at this point, I really want all players as equal as possible and all players as hungry as possible. Because this is what drives competition and makes the game fun.

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Keeping Everyone's Dreams Alive"
    I wouldn't mind if they kept it open forever... this would give players of lower economy groups around the world to some day achieve their dreams too. Too many times we see in the more developed nations, where markets are set for those higher ranks of income which leaves the rice farmer out priced and out invested with such quick start to finish sales drives. Keeping such sales of pledge open, would ease payments to a point where everyone from the rich stock tycoon to the gal that swim-dives for clams to both enjoy the same dream.
    Most rich have invested early and will complete their pledges by Feb 2015... "but that's allot of clams to some of us to dive in for and that's what some people's dreams are made from"...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.