The Game Is Regressing: And Here Is Why

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dae The God, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dae The God

Dae The God Avatar

What is the biggest complaint in-game right now?
    GOLD! Players are now rushing about attempting to pay their property taxes. Unfortunately, adventuring returns have been cut by a minimum of 50% (max 80%) in the new patch, and the player to player economy has dropped substantially, so it is very difficult to pay your bills, especially since NPCs now pay even LESS than what they paid before. Whether you are a high combat level or average combat level, gold income is relatively the same. But the big question is WHY?

BALANCE
    BALANCE
    BALANCE​

I say it three times because the developers are ignoring this issue. To even slightly prepare themselves for a live release they need to focus on balance. But how do you balance a game? I, MY FRIENDS, WILL TELL YOU IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE.
    ---------------------------- Little To No Development Below ----------------(no profit)-------------------------------
    1. COMBAT

2. LOOT

3. CRAFTING​

------------------------------ Steady Development Happening Below ------------(Small Profit)---------------------​

4. ECONOMY​

------------------------------ No Importance But Most Development -----(Nothing But Profit)---------------------------
    5. EXTRAS (Add-Ons/Expansions)​

Development in this game is focusing on economy factors and extras. The problem with this is that 1-3 (Combat, Loot, Crafting) are broken 4 (Economy) will never work.

#1. COMBAT HAS TO BE BALANCED
    - Whether it's the Requirements or the Damage the skill trees are not balanced. This has to be fixed first so as to create scaling returns. The stronger your combat is the stronger the opponent you can fight, but by fighting a stronger opponent you take more risk, more risk should mean MORE GOLD, but that goes in the LOOT section.

#2. LOOT
    - By balancing combat, you are in turn able to balance the rewards, there has to be SCALING returns in the game, yet there are NONE. The same worthless items drop and the same 10-25 gold drop every time. By balancing combat the Developers can then move forward and give stronger mobs larger gold drop or more items dropped.

#3. Crafting - If you really want my opinion let me know and I will make another post.
    #4. Economy - If you really want my opinion let me know and I will make another post.
    #5. Extras - STOP DOING THIS AND FOCUS ON ABOVE ISSUES!!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. Delor

Delor Avatar

Balance level to drop ratio.
    Lower Property taxes

3. Badger kadar

Badger kadar Avatar

i agraee this needs help

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

I agree that balance is needed, I had heard that rare items were going to be added to the game in this release, but I had not realized that the rare items in questions would be gold coin...
    At the moment high level areas are just untenable hunting grounds for many mages because the cost of reagents needed to clear zones approximates what is gained from loot, and the most profitable areas are level one zones. This seems like a huge step backwards rather than a step forwards, making more existing content nonviable. Many of my guild members are over an hour each day just to cover property rent costs, and others are concerned because they cannot play an hour every day and may loose their house as a consequence. This amount of grinding just to break even on housing overheads is not something many are enjoying.

Hawkshield, Raxhelm, Krohon and 3 others like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The extra add-on creation tasks are mostly designated to the designers and artists to keep them on the payroll, which allow them to continue working full time in the team. These guys are not responsible for combat, looting, crafting, nor in-game economy. These graphical stuff are easier to push out into the game, which is why there seem to be more of those stuff than the new tech or game play re-balance.

I have no problem for these folks working on add-on stores or the in-game crafted items. I don't want to see myself look like other 10 guys out there in the game. This is not an FPS game where everyone either looks blue or red.

Anyway, I would say go ahead and post threads for crafting and economy as well.

Leostorm, bmoconno, moko and 6 others like this.
  6. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

I'll be just fine if Property tax is cut the same % that our income was cut. Currently: 500/1000/2000/3500?? I think ( I only have a village)
    Take it down to 200/450/850/1300 and I'm sure there would be SIGNIFICANTLY less complaining going on.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Humm game has been in development for 3 years now, and still says so very clearly before you log in.

welcome to the forums and the game.

4 days after the second publish after going persistent and players want the game to be flushed out, sorry but LMAO.

You are here in the development process as the tester and a major part of the QA for the D E V E L O P M E N T of the game.

Make viable reasonable suggestions, look at a problem, see if you can even remotely solve it and make a suggestion. If it is clearly a bug report it.

Time will tell, wait for it there is an old military saying - Lead , Follow, or . . . . . .

8. Dae The God

Dae The God Avatar

And Yes! You are right I am in the development process!

When you say Viable Reasonable Suggestions, do you mean that I spell it out for the developers what scaling formulas and algorithms they should use? I merely Looked at a problem and made a suggestion.

Time, in fact ,WILL have to tell since final release is coming and if they plan on reaching their release date they need to prepare for the crazy (issues that need to be addressed that have been passed over).

Thank you for your attempt at a passive aggressive post,

Matthias Marty

9. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Exactly. And if they're going to keep the gold nerfed the way it is right now, then they definitely need to lower property costs and reagent costs. I can barely afford to restock the reagents I need just to go adventuring. I couldn't imagine having to also pay for property taxes on top of that. It would be near impossible. It almost looks to me as if the gold nerf's purpose is to force more people into buying COTOs just to pay for their property. Glad I have a tax free lot through Edelman, but its sad that it's come to this.

Kaisa, Snowdog, docdoom77 and 3 others like this.
  10. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

The introduction of the CotO gold standard premium currency ensure that the focus will more and more be dedicated to the 5th options of addons/expansion. It is the great trap of sin that even well meaning developers fall into. The only answer is to never create a premium currency as your funding model if you care to have a game with a fun longevity. Unless Portalarium has the courage to get rid of CotOs, this is the path that development will take.

11. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Balance for what? The only end game so far is the lot deed lotto.
    All of these concerns are small compared to the larger issues.
    I have to believe there's more to this game that grinding wolves to turn their pelts into gear.

Nasir, Vivalife080, Snowdog and 2 others like this.
  12. Dae The God

Dae The God Avatar

I agree completely. In my personal opinion I would have never incorporated something such as CotO. Any kind of Real World Currency to Virtual Items or Currencies that are transferable in-game can 'break' any in-game economy, but at the same time benefit owners (Better known as the Pay2Win). Their best course of action would be to make it non-transferable.

13. Dae The God

Dae The God Avatar

What do you consider to be a large issue? I am covering the entire concept.

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Aren't reward pledges, bundles, and add-ons items also purchasable with real money and transferable in game, which is the fundamental model on how this project being funded in the first place? Why would COTOs be any different? How would it break in-game economy after it has been traded and used over a month at this point?

Gregg247 and Raxhelm like this.
  15. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Honestly, I think there needs to be less arm chair developing and maybe some well thought out ideas. All these doom and gloom posts are getting annoying. Playing the game gives them data, coming on the forums with no numbers or stats to back up what you say does nothing. All these posts do is rile up folks for no reason, and bring out the other doom n gloom posters.
    Trust me when I say your data will speak louder than your words.

16. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

pretty sure that less gold from farming is exactly what was needed in order to maintain balance in the economy.

BTW economy should have been #1 on the list..

but that's OK keep telling Lord British the guy who developed technology for Nasa invented MMORPG's how it works, young OP

17. Katu

Katu Avatar

What an argument. So just because someone does not work for Nasa, he can't participate discussion here? Its a nice community we have here.
    Things clearly are broken. This game feels like Entropia. A game with real money economy. I already think in euros, instead of in game gold and that takes fun out of gaming.

Example: Selling these iron ores ( 1000 ) could yield me atleast 60 euros
    Instead of thinking: Selling these iron ores ( 1000 ) could yield me atleast 75k gold.

It sucks when you buy in game something and all you think is that you just spent 10 euros IRL ( because Cotos are so strong currency, you can easily trade 1Coto->1k gold. In game gold is so tied to real money that I feel bad about this game..

EDIT: Typos

Kaisa, Dae The God, Cally and 3 others like this.
  18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

TBH the list the OP made if exactle listing up the difficulty of development and were changes need to be make with greatest caution. To say they simply put addon things first to milk the players isn't all fair. On the other hand POTs have been the greatest P2W Pve aspect IMHO, which made a huge chunk of the game's PVE content "worthless" as you can only buy them. Only hope is that PVP mechanics like guildwar etc and maybe a really challenging storyline can attract players.

Imagine if guilds had to organize themselves to gain those cities, rather than having members buy the stuff... As most of the time in all sandboxes, player interaction in terms of combat and alliances etc are our only hope again ;)

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If the future of this game depends on the sale of COTO's, then have fun.... I'm out.

amaasing, Gamician, Forseti and 8 others like this.
  20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

You say participate in a discussion, I say doomsaying. The guy did invent MMO's and practically RPGs on PC, it's worth pointing out once in a while so people can have their faith boosted.

It's easy to forget, many players are coming from MMO's where the staff were downright amateurs, but the man in charge here knows what's up and there is clearly a method to all this 'madness'

Long live the king.

Stahlknecht, DancingShade and Gnarxly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.