The games biggest issue...

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by sefer, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sefer

sefer Avatar

So after playing nonstop for a few days... The hype wore off as I learned some more information, and depression set in.

@Lord British Your making this game different, but also similar to UO. The problem however, is that the UI and movement of the character, and how battles play out... Are very similar to UO. The problem with that however, is your trying to make this largely a skill based game rather than item based. The clunky UI and combat just doesn't work well for a skill based game, and the feeling made me think that this game was like UO... That is, items both crafted, and found, are godly and randomized... I was hoping that as I got into dif areas that I would start finding items with varied random stats... The only thing I found randomized was durability however... I started to fall even deeper into despair as I started seeing people well above me, in gear that seemed... barely even different from mine. Normal gear, epic gear, had very little difference.

I was happy grinding, just like in UO, because I thought it was worth grinding... But when you find nothing but things to scrap, and barely even have a reason to scrap items at all... Honestly I would rather go back and buy a sub to UO, because this game doesn't have the proper UI or engine to pull off a near-completely skill based game. This game should be utilizing amazing items like UO had. No two items were alike, grinding actually had a purpose! Instead its just about raising skill levels... Which is incredibly boring. I mean, can you imagine UO having bland items where they are all the same and just having skills to raise? It would have died many years ago. Instead its still running... The longest running mmorpg to this day. I thought this was going to be the successor to that. Better graphics, better UI, expanded systems.. Instead you gutted some of them, kept some, but the ones you kept are watered down. Some of the highlights was the unique no-two-items-alike item system, the taming system with training and soul bonding, the free-placement home system where you could build them from scratch... I'm sorry but, this all really pales in comparison.

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Essence and i agree.

I have less incentive to login other than to immerse and do some stuff, but when i go fighting or gathering i actually feel bored and frustrated very fast.
    playing for progression only isnt what i want to do.
    Also, i have my skills, except innates and passives all at 80 and to skill these innates and passives further to 80 i don't find a proper spot where i can skill without loosing Pool.
    For example.
    Raising Strength from 70 to 80, 500k xp Pool and fighting the Crag Foothills Elves without any Problem and relatively fast, some Mages and Archers are 1-3 Shots, and some strikes with my sword, the fighters maybe took a little bit more, but i can do a bunch of them in 1-2 Minutes.
    I can make 20k xp there in lets say 10 ir 15 Minutes (restock decay) but the innates skills (the 12 Million ones) to level from 70 to 80 need more.

I feel the game becomes more and more grindy in these levelranges.
    AL 80+
    And Crafting...
    Well we all know how much of a grind is that . I collect all and everything on my Path, but i fear to begin with seriously Crafting , because i think i will exhaust on the grind.
    I can make some very low Mastercrafted and enchanted gear 1-2 mw and enchants maybe. I just dont want to spend my time for thousands of hours in Elysium or Graff to gather Silver and Gold.

Addison and Xandra7 like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Here's another issue 2 Month before release and i have many of those, just an actual example:

Current Task/ Journal Entry:

Give Endorsment to Lord Macsen.
    I've found a document in an elven survivalist home in Longfall Woods entitled....
    [...]
    It must be an important document that Lord Macsen sent me to recover!
    I'll bring it to him in Castle Aerie the next time i return in the City of Truth."

I never met Macsen before - i went to Aerie and ask the Town Crier about Macsen.
    The Town Crier about a Lord sitting in his Castle i 'd suggest.
    And the Town Crier answered:
    Interesting, i dont know...
    Is that so? If you are seeking honor or work....

well... i think this is a lowlevel quest or? Longfall Woods is T2...

Issues like this exist for month, since i'm playing, since persistence.
    I have tons of quests - oh wait there aren't tons of quests - i have 2 handfull of quests still not updating correctly.
    i made bug reports in R47, R48, R49 and just made again a Bug report in R50 for not proper updating the "Notes" Quest of Edvard in Solace Bridge.
    Also the Painting Quest in Solace Outskirts is bugged to me.
    Alberic in Bloodriver Outskirts is bugged to me.
    I am adviced to still seek Sequanna, although i finished the Mainstory Questline month ago. I was 3 or 4 times in Mailce since then.
    2 times the questline updated one step further, after 3 times fighting through i'm still adviced to find sequanna.
    Khasi and Edvard thank me for finding her.

Reviews and Tests will ripp it off in the Air, sorry folks, but some need to take off the pink glasses and of course there is improvement, but the game isn't polished.
    And we care still for balance, we discuss ultra highlevel stuff like Rise and Sieges and 1 Million caps in Control Points and waiting for significant changes and new skill Masteries and such.
    Well and then we have people who allways say it's amazing - 10k players waiting - 40k-60k are suggested to play this game.
    I know optimism is a good thing, i was (not allways) but more often optimistic in my life although of man hard experiences - child kidnapped, friends died, wife left me for another...
    And i'm still fighting, still doing what is neccessary, having fun in life (sometimes :) ) but i know very well that i've been marked from life.

Wake up!!! keep fighting, keep improving this game, don't listen to the people who happily grind the whole day and are satisfied only.
    Listen to them, but also listen to the others - those who already left, those who complain and argue!!!

my advise - skip release candidate and polish the game!!!

now i'm going and search that damn Lord Macsen - if i could i'd kill him :rolleyes::D
    he seems not to be very important, powerfill, influential, even the Town Criers doesn't know him ^^

edit: and done, and current task list not updating :confused:

@Lord British @DarkStarr

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    twofoldsilence, Addison and Xandra7 like this.
  4. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

I don't know if this might help you (remember... I'm still pretty new), but I just noticed that the Town Crier offered to reset my quests (or something like that). Maybe this might help?

Now this might be old news and if it is then I apologize, but I figured I would point this out. I haven't tried it yet because I don't know what it will do, but I am thinking about it.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. rild

rild Avatar

On the quest journal - I really appreciate the style used in Divinity 2: Original Sin. It uses a "Table of Contents" to keep related quests together. Even just "Path of Truth" etc. would be helpful. Possible they are already considering some revisions to the UI, as polish comes last.

On items - they have been adding artifacts and more drops recently, hopefully loot will continue to improve. There was an idea at the beginning of this project to recycle player-crafted goods into the drop economy. I do not know if this is still planned or begun, but I still think it would be great.

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

did it for the 5th time today after i did re check all and posted in the bug forum. but tired of reporting the same bugs in each release.

moxiepilot likes this.
  7. eli

eli Avatar

Agreed. there are still serious game engine bugs like desync (no attacks landing for 1min+), mob attack range being ignored (blink and run 30+ meters away, get hit with melee range attack?) Your HP bar is not reliable and behavior is still not very well known (imagine a race car driver with a tachometer that could be off by 0-3000 RPM lol)
    FEAR NOT here. This is probably from examining another player's paperdoll. The problem is, the paperdoll lies. I believe this is a "feature" that you can't see how good someone else's armor is. The execution, however, makes it look like a bug. It displays 1 stat of potentially 10+, leading to the illusion that you /can/ analyze someone else's armor.

If you want to see what someone else is wearing, you have to get them to agree to get nekkid and show you in a trade window.

Unfortunately, this means you're about to find out that everyone else wears gear which nearly doubles their stats, and you are a few hundred thousand gold short of catching up to them.

Elnoth likes this.
  8. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

All those things going on sounds like a game ready for release!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.