Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Ghost Corpian

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Xi_, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

The Ghost Corpian has ruined the pvp scene, unless you farm it by logging in and out over and over you might as well not even try pvping.

then again, if your not willing to exploit this game your not really going to be a viable pvp combatant.

the virtues of sota lol........

Xail, Net, Moiseyev Trueden and 5 others like this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yea ive been talking about this in a few current threads.

The Game Modes (multiplayer/friend only/single player online) needs fixing.
    I know that is actualy ok for testing to let people get high level quickly but man... this is scareing me alot.

The server hopping till your xp/inven is full is just ridiculous.
    they have to be able to see poeple switching back and forth like crazy for hours at a time.

what about economic balance or even proper respawn timer balance, throw all that out the window

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  3. agra

agra Avatar

Well, if you wanted to see how Portalarium will react to such an exploit post-persistence, now would be a good time to pay attention.

Unless of course they have no interest, desire, or ability to test the process. :p

4. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

swampthing,

Your actions in this message (this game) are not appropriate. We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, or to "troll". Your message has been removed or altered.

Content Moderated:
    this game is full of a bunch of exploiters. nothing but 20x gms that like to pretty much cheat to powerlevel. it needs a wipe asap. until then it isn't fair to players who don't want to be cheap asses. and anyone who is against my post is the kind of person who kills the corpian, logs off, logs back on, and kills it again. so lame.

i complained about this in February now its May and no changes. they delete my posts everytime i complain about it.

5. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

im not trying to rile people up now, no need for all that.
    Your talking about the entire gaming community as a whole.
    if it can be exploited to be made easier, it will be, not just this game but any game ever.

Moonshadow, KuBaTRiZeS and Abydos like this.
  6. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

We need a timer cache on our account so that they persist no matter what mode we switch to. (requires alot server side probaly)
    or a timer on mode switching/logging in>out
    or a lockout timer for too much switching/logging in>out (both tough if we crash alot)
    or seperate characters for each mode.
    or something else?

Moonshadow and Sara Dreygon like this.
  7. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Everybody exploite the Solo online mode. Its a real Joke.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Moonshadow and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

1) In the 99,99% online games you will be banned instantly for using ten times smaller exploit.
    2) I spend much time exploring the map, meet with different people, examine them, check their stats. And I guess that there are maximum 20-40(may be even less,its difficult to estimate) active users of this exploit, most of avatars don`t know about it or don`t use it.
    Ok then lets write this in the FAQ: "If you want to quick XP pool filling go to wyrmsands and do this and this" - at least it would be honest.

For now, economic balance is somewhere at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
    I never heard about economic balance with player driven economy in the case when player need to buy armor and weapon only once until Heat Death of the Universe and in the case when he couldn`t lose it at all.
    Main economic idea for the moment: to sell armor and weapon to dupes who don`t know that they can do any armor/weapon by themself much cheaper in reasonable time. When those dupes will end, we will competit between each other who will sell repair kit cheaper :):):)

Moonshadow likes this.
  9. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

well i still find that a problem, its only a matter of time

Moonshadow likes this.
  10. Maka

Maka Avatar

I don't know...I'm not too worried that this won't be fixed. Considering they have heat maps of how people are running through towns and what not. I bet they have metrics and things we haven't even thought about. I almost wonder if they left it in so people could power level. Gives them a chance to test a broader range of the skills.

11. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Yep, this needs to be addressed, but...
    • Change the xp the mob grants and people will move to another zone/mob.
    • Impose time restrictions to swap between modes and you're placing "unfair" limitations on everyone.
    • Create separate characters goes against the very concept of the game.
    • Change the spawn rules between modes and people will find a way of circumventing them login in out or whatever.
    From my point of view there's no quick and easy solution here... at least not one that won't raise further problems in the not so distant future. The root of this problem comes from the way experience is granted; we are still using a level based experience model when we don't need it because we are currently use based. In use based progression what's needed is to monitor activity, and that's what the current XP system is for.

What needs to be changed is the way character activity is monitored, from XP gain to something else, along with some other elements of character progression. This is hard work but could fix this (and some other issues like AOE Farming, as Themo mentioned in the other thread) for good. And if there's something that must be at 100% before reaching persistence is character progression.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  12. Womby

Womby Avatar

You know what? I'm OK with having a separate Single Player Online only character with different stats, so long as he shares the same inventory. I don't care if my multiplayer character skills don't benefit from my single player online activities.

Moonshadow, Maka and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  13. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Me too! But then it's not selective multiplayer, is multiple characters through different modes :p

It's true that mode hopping is a legitimate exploit and should be addressed... but hotfixes like the ones proposed raise their own issues (as you noted in the other thread with yours). And going deeper into it I'm sure there are issues beyond mode hopping, intrinsic to the progression system that may hit us later.

Progression should be finely tuned before July 28th, and in my opinion there are things that still does not fit. And when i read things like this my opinion gets reinforced... If there's something that should be given proper attention is character progression.

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

What about simply having a "Bad Luck" debuff when you switch modes, maybe about 2min would probably be enough.
    Lowers some stats, XP and loot.

15. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think the bottom line is a single mob with this much experience should not be as easily soloable. Either that, or it should have a spawn timer across all modes.. where it only appears at the top of every hour or something. Or it "only comes out at night". :D Y'know.. like a ghost.

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I agree, the fact that a person benefited from killing the ghost corpion should be carried on your account for a certain amount of time, with a smaller amount of xp given during that time.. I also like the idea of coming out at night, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe night ever comes to Wyrmsands!

17. agra

agra Avatar

That there is an emergent behavior satisfying the perceived need to do this (AOE farm, kill a single target repeatedly) means there is a fundamental problem with progression & player power.
    Fixing that, before July 28th, would require such a massive shift in gameplay, we'd think we were playing an entirely different game.
    Shardfall monsters are level 50. Yet players can reach level 100. What's the intended design for those other 50 levels?
    It's a question I have no good answer for, today, and the devs have never (publicly) stated those design goals, afaik.

18. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

okay... , Now linking The corpion to Problems with PVP is just idiotic, i totally understand That its easily farmable Etc Switching in and out of different modes.. but this is nothing to do with PVP there are people who dont use the corpion to level who are lower level that still Dominate Higher level people who use the corpion to Gain skills, so your point is null and void... PVP Is all about skill and proper use of skills..

19. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

that is laughable

Whyterose Flowers, Net and swampthing like this.
  20. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Case and point... The Well known PVP'er Para, has Regularly Beaten Themo lock in pvp whilst being A lot lower level... themo may not have used the corpion and done his levelling legit, but my point still stands..

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.