The great gold nurf of R46

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I haven't seen anyone mention the huge gold nurf in R46. Its pretty bad, hard to make ends meat now as a casual. They took out dropped weps on certain key mobs in the game and replaced them with new much cheaper weps. Best seen in Skel warriors. Pretty low down and dirty hidden nurf, seems like people didn't even see it. Im not happy much, I barely came out of this weekend with more gold then I started after my weekly Obs potion purchases.

This is getting a bit insane for casuals and new players in my opinion. I would love to be able to afford to try and make enough gold to buy 500 gold or silver ingots a week to try to raise my crafting up a point (a week). At this pace, it'll be 5 years before I can get crafting skills up to the point where I can make gear I would even use.

FrostII, Nikko, Johnwick and 4 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I noticed that they replaced the war hammers that hardened skeleton warriors used in Deep Ravenswood with lighter maces. Now, not only do I get more XP but I get more gold as I don't become overweight as fast.

I typically use either pledge/add-on gear or hardened epic leather gear with thaumaturgy gems that has not been masterworked or enchanted. It takes very little crafting skill to make that gear.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Really? I think I do not recognize a change…but maybe just because I do not kill skeleton warriors that often or because I just look at the gold I collect and not the found items as I mostly do not sell them. I just know that scrolls and potions are more regularly in the loot…maybe this is simply the reason if you do not sell them it might look like you get lesser gold out of the loot. ;)

Sad to hear that because of missing worthy self-crafted gear your avatar is still naked. :p
    And 500 ingots sounds like you need around 100000 gold each week... :eek: ...I'm always surprised how much gold pro gamers are able to generate even if you are maybe not close to the top…I would guess I’m able to create maybe 10% or 15% of that gold a week if I would sell all my loot.

I do not think grandmaster crafting skills are and should be short time goals for casuals. Like many competitive aspects of SotA also crafting should be a "hard-fought market" that needs steady effort and I think this is good even if that means that it will take years to reach that long time goal if you do not play >8h a day and because of that I still think for most it would be most reasonable to buy products or make an order at a proficient instead of complaining about the needed workload to be self-sufficient in a game that (at least in my understanding) is and was never design to be that way. (Just to be sure this section is more generally meant.)

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I have a dedicated spot and route I have taken for about a year now (its taken me to adv lvl 99), done it hundreds of times. Its uses to be one hour to fill up my pack. I could pull in near 10,000 gold an hour (usually not because I also split by killing wolves for producer xp). Now, after the nurfs, It takes me probably 1.5 hours now to fill my pack up and I get half as much gold. It's more then a 50% nurf for me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NOT A NERF it is called balancing MihaHA ha ahhhhh.

Honestly - there is so much wrong at this time that they need to take a very serious look at what can and needs to be wiped - WaAhaahh of you do not like that idea, but if you do not like that then you are stuck eating all the balancing that needs to be done.

Koldar, Net, MFWalter and 4 others like this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Better off just mining for it I figure as you need the xp along with the ore. Very easy at your level to get 3000 ore plus the xp in those same 10 hours.

As you admit to being willing to do the same boring thing for a year already.

7. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

So you're relatively end game. How will this impact new players getting gold exactly?

Nelzie and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  8. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

To raise crafting you do not need more gold or silver ingots. Having over 1 million xp in your xp pool will make each ingot count for more skill increase. You would be crazy to try to raise master-working without at least that much xp stored up.

As far as the skelly warriors, the gold to weight ratio is better with maces, and they have actually increased the chance of higher durability on drop, which increase their value.

9. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

While you will be getting less weapons to sell you will be getting more scrolls, potions and tool kits which can be sold. If anything I think the loot actually increased this release.

10. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

At the expense of my sales. I've sold no crafted scrolls this release.. zero.. zip..

11. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

On the same note I've not bought any crafted scrolls this release so it saves me a lot of cash ;)

12. eli

eli Avatar

On that same note, if a gold drop had been increased instead of adding an item drop, monkey would have made a sale, and scoffer would have still saved cash.

Item drops are a way to increase loot while still deflating the gold economy. I guess that's their goal for some reason. Probably because they are scared of printing too much money "before release." However, inflating gold would encourage transactions. Right now the incentive is to hoard.

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

To many are dropping for everyone, off any humanoid mob, consider those markets saturated already. I think I've already stacked 50 of each in my chests just on my normal farming which means every one else is getting them also (unless you are talking about selling to the npc vendor which actually would help a bit).

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

yeah in UO we had scrolls drop, but for each existing spell... and thus recall or gate scrolls were pretty rare.

15. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Thats kinda what I mean Starman, even vendoring the scrolls, tool kits and potions should make up the difference you feel you lost from the weapon drops.

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I'll make a sell run of the those items, see what kind of profit I make off them. Maybe they make my runs come out even.

I see I have accumulated about 100 teleport and 75ish recalls.

17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I probably make the same run as the OP. After the drop change, I pretty much break even between before and now. I used to get an artifact every week or so but lately have seen none. The recipes are pretty easy to sell on a vendor. Potions and scroll sales to NPC just about make up the difference between the War Hammer price and the Mace or lack of weapon drop. I don't pay attention to the gold dropped and am assuming it is the same. Sales of potions, scrolls, all weapons to NPC is about on a par dollar wise as before for me.

18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Except that everybody else is getting them too, so there really isn't anyone to sell them to. And now nobody can make a profit from crafting scrolls.

19. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

NPC buys them and you save money with not having to buy them for personal use.

Nikko and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

NPCs pay a lot less than players would. (except in offline, of course) You're not going to get 150 per teleport/recall scroll from an NPC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.