Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Grind

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

You may find someone who will jsut let you go do other thigns while u stand on a rock and soak up a portion of their exp.
    I stood on a rock and played songs while themo and his buddies killed stuff and i got almsot a full bar of xp from it, and i lvoe playign the lute. But i hate grinding.

2. Kal2

Kal2 Avatar

In my opinion the game already has balance. There is a curve regarding the benefit of levels (as stated by Chris, with the math).

You will never please everybody. Tilt it one way to appease the killers and the achievers will complain. Tilt it too far the other way and the killers will complain.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Most people ive seen get killed by folks lower level than them have been suprised, but not upset

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yeah, I get it. I know how the system works.

This isn't just about me though, I have an open pvp town that I'd like to see fill up and it's designed for killers. It's going to welcoming to anyone else that wants to live or visit there, but it's made to support the killer lifestyle. I just don't think there are enough rocks to sit on in this game for killers to compete in pvp, and I don't think that's good game design.

5. Drocis the Devious

It's balanced from the achiever point of view, yes. But from the killer point of view it's as if the game is saying "just go away already". There have been some nice changes recently with the addition of looting, pick pockets, pick locks (on the way), but none of that matters if I have to grind for months and months to get where I need to be to have fun.

6. Drocis the Devious

I killed someone much higher level than I was in R22 and he wasn't upset at all. But the fight wasn't fair, I set him up. He would've destroyed me in a toe to toe fight.

EMPstrike likes this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

When you have in-depth story and decision making to do in single player youll probably be able to level up there, other than that, having a party of people kills tuff while u watch a movie or do taxes is the current answer to your Advancment issue.

8. Drocis the Devious

Yep, and I don't like that. Hence my feedback. I'm hoping the developers think about putting themselves in the shoes of someone that is passionately supporting this game financially and by giving feedback as well contributing in other areas of the game. And thinking to themselves, "If I had to play this game and get high enough level to play pvp, would I want it to take 4 months to a year before I could do what I really like to do?"

I feel like if they ask themselves that question, they'll know exactly where I'm coming from.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

hence the discussion they've had about PvP advancment, levels vs skills, and thier decision to make progression less grindy.

10. Drocis the Devious

Less grindy in the MMO genre is still pretty grindy. :)

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    could long term progression be after episode 5? I mean we are supposedly only have 1 year between releases. So if it takes 3 or 4 months for the average player to get to a stage where he is gm in some skills, then what is the soft cap for? Will the new expansions restart our skill level or do we proceed at a level we are at from a previous level?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  12. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Explorers are out of luck at the moment as well, there is very little content to explore at them moment, and what content the game has is gated behind massive grinds (crafting) and forced socializing.

Ice Queen and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    what they need to do is balance it from a single player aspect. This is what the kickstarter promised. A single player game that you can play online with your friends. So first and foremost should be this balance. everything else should be build around this balance.

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I hate grinding alot. But seriously i havent had to grind in this game.

And compared to other mmo's the advancment rate is a relief.

I thought territory control would be a cool option for pvp advancement. Wouldnt require you to be too high a level cuz ur part of a team, and would be easier to police and harder to exploit

15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Ohhhhhh or give folks the option to pay a gear ransom with xp from thier xp pool o.o

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Time always equals success.. in everything. It's just too bad. Can I have your POT Baron? I don't have one and it's not fair, it will take me much too long to earn the RL cash I need.

17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Sarcasm is the ugly brother of hate...

We're talking about making a game vs making a sims, don't get it all wrong because you're feeling superior... somehow...

Although I might not agree with every detail Baron states, I can see why he wants different rules for his POT.

No need to get all Feistery mr Magee.

Ravicus Domdred and Fister Magee like this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Maybe the solution for your leveling problem is to fight people in your range.. I know I wouldn't go attack a dragon when I first load the game. I know also, I do not have the time to grind as much as others, that is ok. There must be plenty of lower level pvpers that would be willing to fight.. others grinding like you. Strangely, I don't really see anyone else but yourself with this issue.. I'm lower level than you, would you like to pvp me? :) Maybe it's about winning with you, and because you feel you will never reach level 80 or higher, you feel you cannot beat everyone else, so you don't try, and instead write hours of text on a forum, time better spent grinding, as boring as it might be to you (is that because you stay in one area, one type of mob? go explore, it's a big game) grinding is here to stay and the only real way a character in ANY rpg can progress in the game. Unless you are asking for a great equalizer battle grounds.. which is what I don't think you want either?? Maybe you should go play Halo.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  19. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

There need to be MANY more options to get EXP in the game. Entering a new scene should give EXP, exploring some ruins shoud give EXP, finding some treasure, doing quests of course...

To be honest, I would even prefer combat to not give any EXP at all.

20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think because his rule of "noone allowed to kill him, and him alone" in his POT bothers him when he can't scratch the other pvpers that might visit his town? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.