The Intro(Blood River Massacre) Needs Work

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Teralitha Tokomi, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Absolutely not. There needs to be notes written by NOCs, letters between them, books on shelves, and even journals in dungeons that are there to do nothing more than make the world feel alive. Lore crafting should not be limited to leading you to loot.

Spoon and broxen like this.
  2. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

If I find a journal in a dungeon next to a dead adventurer for example, I feel a need to pick up that journal and find that dead adventurers nearest living relative to give it to them, possibly for a reward. THAT is what makes the world feel alive. If the journal is just there as fluff, I become disappointed.

Or... it could be a journal of a dead adventurer who writes about a long lost treasure they were searching for but died trying. I then get exited and believe the treasure exists and follow the clues in the journal to try and find it. THAT is what makes the world feel alive. If the journal just turns out to be fluff, I get disappointed.

When you become involved in the games lore, it makes the game feel alive. When you have alot of fluff in the game that is meaningless, then the world feels less alive and I see little point in reading all those things.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Preachyr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.