The Invasion - Part II - Lured to Darkness

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris saw both shifts of his crew come and go from town. The last few stragglers had arrived a full hour before sunrise and the reports from Razulah and Dwalin pertaining to the mystery woman did not yield any results.

"Josephus, raise the anchor and untie the mooring ropes. Take us do Aerie we stop there next".

The "Dragon" was underway once more and Boris looked at Lieutenant Dwalin Bombardin. "Lieutenant, take the bridge and let me know if anything out of the ordinary happens. I am going to rest for a few hours".

Dwalin nodded to him, took the bridge and barked out some orders to keep the crew busy while at sea.

Boris walked into his stateroom and laid down to rest, he was exhausted after 24 hours without rest. He fell into a deep slumber and the dreams came one by one.

The first dream placed him back home in the old lands where he could see both his parents together and the Isle of Fire well defended and prosperous once more.

The second one startled him due to how lucid it was. He saw himself asleep from above his bed and yet he was not alone. This woman appeared from the shadows wearing a red silk robe and a pirate's hat. Normally, Boris would have gotten up from the bed and drawn his weapon out of instinct yet he was not able to move.

The woman approached him and straddled him while he could not move transfixed by her beauty. "Captain Boris Mondragon, I have heard stories about you and how you turned down Asapi's offer. I have a better one for you. I am Orta, Lady of The New Age. I will show you what the New Age is and pleasure beyond your comprehension but you must find me first and defeat me at my game".

She took off her pirate hat and let her long black hair loose as she moved her face closer to Boris. She planted a deep passionate kiss on his lips and scratched his shoulder with her nails drawing blood. She leaned closer still and took a drop of his blood with her finger tasting it. Her reaction was unexpected as she writhed in pleasure from the taste of the dragon blood. "You are the one I have been waiting for. It has been centuries yet the wait was worth it. Look for me in Rats Nest and you will find your first clue there. I promise you pleasure unknown to any human and riches unheard of in this realm".

She vanished as Boris awoke sweating and bewildered by this apparition. He called Razulah who ran into his stateroom weapon drawn. "Captain what is wrong". "Razulah did you see a woman leave the stateroom?".
    Razulah nodded that he did not and Boris lit the lamp next to his night table. What he saw left him even more confused. He had a mark on his shoulder where Orta had scratched him and a Black Rose was left on the night table. Boris looked at Razulah bewildered by what appeared a dream yet left marks and a rose for him.

"Razulah, go back to what you were doing this was just a lucid dream". Razulah looked at Boris and the Black Rose and knew it was far more than a dream.

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Razulah was worried about the Captain's lucid dream and headed towards the bridge to see Lieutenant Dwalin Bombardin. "Lieutenant, I must speak to you about the Captain. It is urgent". Dwalin looked at him perplexed by the sudden news. "What happened to the Captain? he went to rest in his stateroom".

"Well I did not see anything except a black rose on his night table that was not there before and I have heard of the black rose before from my ancestors' stories. According to them there is a dark goddess with unbelievable earthy desires who will look for a suitor to fulfill her needs. Once that suitor is found, he will be entranced to the point of obsession with her charms. If the Captain finds this dark goddess he will taste unimaginable pleasure yet will die shortly after being with her. She is the ultimate temptation for us all yet no man that has ever been with her has lived to tell the tale".

Dwalin came up with a plan "Razulah, we are heading to Aerie and there I know of a seedy house of ill repute, mind you I have never been there myself yet this could be a temporary cure for the Captain's ailment and mayhaps buy us time to find the solution to this dream of a dark goddess". Razulah rolled his eyes at Dwalin "Ahh, so ye knows of this place yet never frequented it yourself. My dear Lieutenant ye must be a man of exceptional self control". Both men broke out in laughter after Razulah's last comment. "I think you do have a plan there Lieutenant, we will take him there under the guise of a meeting with the Aerie aristorcrats and see what happens".

Boris opened his stateroom door to find both Dwalin and Razulah talking in hushed tones and approached them. "What is this about gentlemen, is there something i need to know about". It was visible that Boris was upset about something and this change of mood would get worse as he could only think of the mysterious woman in the dream and the black rose which kept her scent present and kept his nerves on edge.

"Captain, Aerie up ahead. Shall we dock or anchor off-shore?". Josephus piped in from the helm as One-Eyed Jack gave him the signal from the crow's nest.

"If there are no ships in the harbor that pose a threat then dock her if not we anchor nearby and use the rowboat". The harbor was empty and both Dwalin and Razulah approached the Captain. "Captain, we have received a black seagull from one of the leaders in Aerie. He wishes to meet you and the Lieutenant urgently". Boris read the message which had been cleverly written by Razulah and nodded.

Boris looked at the seedy bar that Dwalin led him to with a strange look. "An aristocrat wants us to meet him here?" "Well sir, it is a Lady aristocrat who wants to have us transport some strange items for her and does not want to be seen with pirates in public nor in her home". This made sense yet Boris knew something was not right. "Captain, please wait here a minute while I check to make sure this is not an ambush". Boris nodded again even more suspicious than before.

Dwalin came back out of the tavern with a smile. "Captain, the place is secure and the lady and her assistants await ye. I shall keep guard outside until you are done with your meeting" Boris walked in and Dwalin stayed outside with a big grin on his face. He knew he was taking a chance of being flogged for this but Boris was his friend and thought this would help.

There was a servant waiting outside the door and opened it for Boris. He walked in expecting a refined lady of the Aerie aristocracy yet instead found two rather skimpily dressed women each with a bottle of rum, pirate hats and smiles on their faces. "Ahh so ye are the famous Captain Boris Mondragon. Lieutenant Bombardin talked to us about your prowess. Show us what you got Captain"

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Dwalin paced back and forth outside the "Meeting Place". One hour went by then two then four and Dwalin walked in and approached the lady that ran the "Rendezvous Locale" as it known to many discreet gentlemen of the town. "Ah excuse me milady I am looking for Captain Mondragon'. "Ahh Lieutenant Bombardin no need for formalities here as you are one of our favorite patrons. Oh, the Captain is still in a "Meeting" and from the sounds of it he is enjoying the company and the rum you gave us. There must be something wicked in that brew as I have heard my two best working girls laughing in between screams of pleasure". Lieutenant Bombardin blushed at the comments and was about to walk outside when Boris appeared carrying both women over his shoulders.

"Milady, I must say you have a very hospitable locale with very attentive service. I may return soon one day, for now here is something for ye and the ladies". He dropped a bag of gold and jewels on her counter and winked at the two smiling women who he had set them down on a nearby sofa. He had to pry them off him it seemed as they spoke about going back to the ship with him which is taboo. They walked outside the locale and Dwalin gave Boris a handkerchief. "Captain ye has lipstick all over your face and the crew would get the wrong impression if they see you like this". "Dwalin, let me give you a bit of advice here in private. A true gentleman always repeats twice and has a short term memory when it comes to a lady's invitation" Both men looked at each other and laughed on the way back to the ship.

The sun was setting when they arrived at the dock. The "Dragon" was ready to sail again and Boris gave the usual command. "Josephus, loosen the mooring ropes and take us out to sea". "Rats Nest is our next destination".

Boris walked into his stateroom to find Razulah pacing back and forth. "Ahh Captain, I hope the meeting went well. I hope you enjoyed the rum". "Razulah, what was in that rum if I may ask. It was very lets say "motivational".

Razulah smiled back at him. "Captain, that is a special brew we give to newlyweds on their wedding night but I wanted you to let me know if what they say about it is true".

Boris looked back at him and rolled his eyes. "Razulah, that concoction almost killed me yet it is as powerful as you claim. But enough of that, prepare for Rats Nest. It is our next port of call and I must find a clue about the lady with the black rose there and not a word about the "meeting" to anyone else".

4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The "Dragon " had prepared to sail to Rats Nest yet as they departed Etceter a Tempest was in the horizon. It was One Eyed Jack who called it out "Captain, Tempest straight ahead and tis a big one". Boris looked at Josephus and Dwalin for guidance and both piped in at the same time "Captain, If we head northeast towards Parrot's Roost we may have some shelter from the storm. Razulah also spoke "Captain, this storm is heading our way due east yet may turn like some do towards the north past Etceter. I agree on Parrot's Roost".

"Josephus, take us to Parrot's Roost but anchor half a league from shore. I remember what chased us off the island a while back and would rather not go through that again if possible". They headed in that direction and made it to that spot by sunset.

Razulah motioned for Boris to follow him into the stateroom. "Captain, there have been too many strange events and I feel we should consult the spirits". Boris agreed and both men sat down cross legged facing each other on the straw mats. Razulah began his incantations to summon the spirits and released the seashells on the straw mat. The same number came up over and over. "Captain, it is as I suspected. The dark goddess Orta is in your destiny. You must learn evil before you can fight it. There is light and darkness and in between there is Boris Mondragon. There have been many women in your life and many more up ahead yet this dark goddess is not alone. She has a mortal woman who will lead you to her".

As Razulah finished the reading the black rose on Boris' night table began to pulse in a myriad of colors.. "Captain, tonight ye will have a dream in which you will know our next destination".

Boirs closed the stateroom after Razulah exited and laid down to sleep. He would look forward to tonight's dream. It could hold the key to his future and that of the Novian continent which was under siege.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

She still hadn't worked out who the mystery admirer was that had left the Christmas present for her. It had been neatly wrapped up with no accompanying message but included a bodice top and bottoms and a pirate hat, a strange combination for sure, and now all that was left on the ottoman was the hat, the rest of it had gone missing.

Parrots Roost was a small community where everyone knew each other by name and she couldn’t imagine any of them being a bodice thief but skeletons lurked in everyone's closet one way or another, and she was adamant she was going to get to the bottom of this and nip this delinquent behaviour in the bud.

It had taken most of the day rummaging through the towns citizens houses, checking in cupboards, basements, chests and even down wells but there had been no sign of any of the stolen lingerie. Everyone she had spoken to had seemed normal, even the chap on the corner who never said a 'Hello' in return, hadn't broken with his rude behaviour, not even offering a grunt in reply to her cheery welcome. .

The guards of the town were now amongst the prime suspects. Guards was a term they liked to be known by even though there idea of guarding the town only amounted to wandering around turning the lights on and off and occasionally wishing her a good day or even an unsubtle warning, depending she figured on the weather or the direction of the wind, it was so random. The only time she had seen them draw their swords was the peculiar time when no cat in the town was safe from them, for a month or so they had gone around and dispatched any of the feline occupants, no reason given and the odd behaviour ending as abruptly as it began. Turning the corner of the tavern on the way to investigate the first guard with no name, she saw coming towards her along the cliff path to home her turkey friend Gobbler.

"You seem in a mighty flap, you nearly took off there you were running so fast" she exclaimed to her excited chattering friend, 'What's the hurry?"

Gooobles goooo gsip go gsea……

'It can't be back again, it surely is not the same ship!" She exclaimed as she and the excited turkey ran back towards home to investigate the new arrival in the cove. Clambering up to the highest tower of her house, where her telescope was situated, she peered through with trepidation out to sea. Yes it looked like the ship, the same one from recent weeks there anchored in the cove. This time she wouldn’t hide, she would get to the bottom of this ship mystery once and for all. Just as she pulled away from the telescope something on the beach caught her eye, something moving down below, pointing the telescope back to the area of interest she peered back through…..

'Hargol you bad bear, you wait till I get you home" she screamed, jumping down and heading straight to the beach to retrieve her stolen items and reprimand a very naughty bear……
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The tempest was expected to turn north past Etceter and avoid Parrot's Roost yet their calculations were mistaken. Boris took the spyglass and scoured the beach as the sky darkened. He saw a bear rummaging some items that looked familiar to him. "Damn, the pirate clothes I was going to give as a gift".

"Razulah, come here now". "Look through the spyglass to the beach and the bear. Is that not the "Gift" we were going to give to that lady in Serenite after our Necropolis incursion?"

"Ah Captain, I guess I packed it along with the supplies when we docked here last time. I did not want the crew to see it while cleaning your stateroom. But I also see a woman with fiery red hair running towards the beach". He handed the spyglass back to Boris who took it and looked. He wanted to choke Razulah at that moment yet was surprised at what he saw.

"Razulah, that is the woman I saw in Rats Nest and from the looks of it she is going to get caught up in the storm. Veer towards the beach, we are on the east side of the storm and the hills will protect the ship from the full onslaught of the waves".

The "Dragon" veered quickly and with a loud thud ended up on the sandy beach. The winds picked up and the rain pelted the ship. Boris had the entire crew assemble on the lower deck for protection yet remained on the top deck trying to see through the spyglass as the rain pelted him and the winds threw him about the deck. He had to find this mystery woman and was worried if she would survive the storm.

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

The sky had very quickly darkened as if in sympathy with her annoyance at the mischievous bear and by the time she had got down to the shore a mighty storm had broken out. With the sudden winds and heavy rain it was difficult to spot where Hargol had run off to, but it was likely the bear was hiding in the trees next to the shore.

Cupping her hands together and trying to shout as loudly as she could, "Hargol, I am not really going to shave all your fur off honestly, I was just angry, come on out and you will be forgiven"

With that the bear emerged dripping wet from behind a rock looking very sheepish, and still wearing the bodice, "Right, now you are for it" she exclaimed, grabbing the bears ear and pulling it hard enough to make the big bear squeal.

"I'm sorry, didn’t really mean to hurt you, let's get you home and in front of the fire" she relented and patting the bear on the head to show she wasn’t really that angry with him they turned to head back home.

"Haaarrgghhh Grraaaghhh"……….Growled Hargol

"Careful, don’t move an inch, else the bear will eat you" She shouted in surprise at the sudden appearance of the person in front of her.

It must have been the noise of the storm that had masked the arrival of the person on the beach, but there in front of her stood what very much looked like a pirate. In fact a familiar pirate, a physical manifestation of her recent strange dreams where she had been given warning of a person wanting guidance in the dark arts of death magic was now standing in front of her, dripping wet.

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

He saw the woman pulling the bear's ear and put his weapon down quickly not to alarm either of the two. " I am Captain Boris Mondragon and you are the woman I saw in Rats Nest not long ago. I will not ask you what you were doing there as it is none of my business yet I do need your help. I need a tailor to help fix the sails on my ship over there". He pointed to the beached warship. "I will also need a carpenter to help with the damage to the masts and to inspect her for woodworm. I will pay double what they ask for in gold and silver."

The rain was letting up yet the winds were still buffeting all three. "If you wish you and your bear can take refuge from the storm in my stateroom which I feel may be safer than out in the open. Do not worry as my men will respect any guest I bring aboard the "Dragon".

He looked at her up and down sizing her up as he was not sure if this woman would be friend or foe. Lately Boris began to mistrust all except his crew, his gold and his sword. He knew that lucid dream with Orta had left this mark on him and it would be permanent. What had once been an easygoing jovial man who cared for humanity had now turned into a killing machine hell bent on destroying anything that stood in his path. He would seek a way to annihilate the gods of darkness or die in the process.

Audacity likes this.
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris looked up at the familiar sound and saw Marak had returned and perched himself on top of the Captains' stateroom as usual. As he looked back to the woman and bear he noticed they had vanished. This was the second time this mysterious woman vanished into thin air and he realized this was just an illusion created by Orta to confuse him.

He approached Josephus upon boarding the ship "Josephus, can the "Dragon" sail in her present state?". "Aye but she will only be able to move at a quarter speed due to the damage to the rear mast and sails. I would suggest a small port not too far from here where I know some artisans that can fix her up. It is called Xenos and it is a very discreet port".

Boris looked one last time at Parrot's Roost and he could feel strong vibrations emanating from the island. Something did not quite pan out yet kept attracting him here but for now he had to get his ship repaired and gave the order "Josephus onward to Xenos".

The entire crew pushed the ship with great effort and managed to get her off the sand. The "Dragon" was underway once more.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Audacity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.