The Lame PvP insta flag still is somthign that needs to be adressed . .

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Weins201, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is still the problem that can (is) used to grief players who PvP.

I was flagged an talking to someone actually looking at numbers for exp gain and another player ran up behind me. I was not concerned because they were grey. no biggy. I am not a great PvPer and do not seek it out but.

Anyhow while talking and not even looking I saw their name turn red and they started firing away. Again I do not seek PvP and do not really care about ti since it was noly 1k to get the items back.

But when I walked out of zone I noticed another Red flagged player run out and the one who insta flagged also leave scene.

So all that can be figured is on stalks another creeps in and sets up skills and buffs and stuff then flags / kills / runs away.

There is no retaliation nor any real way for me to come and fight back because this player can walk to any oracle and restore protection.

This is consistent with why players do not want to actually engage in PvP.

There needs to be a much more pronounced "penalty" for aggressive actions - especially ones like this.

If you flag PvP (Not thru Oracle) and engage in PvP you should be flagged PvP for a minimum of 8 in game hours. and that means multiplayer hours.

Sorry but if you want to play this game and act like that you need to be able to have me or anyone retaliate.

Bambino, Ooga Booga, Dhanas and 9 others like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I agree, its stupid this way, should have to go and flag if you want to pvp.

Bambino, Dhanas, majoria70 and 4 others like this.
  3. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Good idea, off with griefers! They always find a way to cheat, don't they?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

A bit OT, but somewhat related...

Sometimes when I am fighting mobs a PVP flagged player will start hunting in the same area. I usually leave immediately because I'm afraid that one of my AOE spells might accidently hit him and get me flagged. Is that a valid concern?

Bambino, Moiseyev Trueden and Mac2 like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Good question, Ive wondered the same thing.

Moiseyev Trueden and Mac2 like this.
  6. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

No Kara, you would have to confirm the hostile action. There is no accidental flagging.

Edit: I'm always flagged so I can't actually be sure, sorry but I believe it to be that way.

7. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

either that or you are perma flagged for X amount of time

Bambino and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

It has to be a targeted spell, you have nothing to worry about with area of effect spells.

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

even then it won't flag you. if you have the checkboxes to get a prompt for it, you'll get a prompt. if you don't have those checkboxes set, the answer is automatically no.

Kara Brae, kl4nk, Mac2 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes that too.

Kara Brae likes this.
  11. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

The same goes for flagging on a party member with heal. You have to have the check box prompt on to do so.

Kara Brae likes this.
  12. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

Yes like a red/blue/grey system UO used. PvP needs some attention hopefully the devs can stop making house designs, weapon patterns, and game polish for a little bit and spend some much needed time on PVP.

i would like to see a pvp person engaged in combat stuck in zone or x amount of time.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Cliquet and Dhanas like this.
  13. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I think someone who flags itself as PvP, at the oracle or by attacking a PvPer, should stay this way for at least seven days. Also the other way around, who regain protection from the oracle should also stay seven days as PvE.
    If one did the first hit and also kill the opponent, the seven day timer should restart.
    This, at least, should slows down "blue PKing".

As far as i know, there is no accidental way to become PvP flagged. Nothing is happen when one runs into the weapon or spells. PvE and PvP can hunt side by side. The PvE flagged has to knowingly attack the PvP flagged. The PvP flagged can not attack the PvE flagged in any way.

Bambino, Kara Brae and ozzzmosis like this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Thats too long, if they want to go pve in a party, they cannot be healed by a healer unless the healer pvp flags, I think that is a horrible idea.

majoria70 likes this.
  15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

They could always go to private for the duration, so that isnt a solution.
    The ONLY solution would be to have the Oracle be the only way to flag and unflag.

16. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

The timer should not set for temporary PvP like in mixed groups or PvP Areas. Currently the PvP flagg is cleared, when the group is disbanded or the PvP Area is left.

Yes, they can go to Private or Party online modes. But not to Multiplayer. So they can not harm anybody. If they want to kill someone they have either to wait 7 days in this modes, or doing it PvP flagged...
    This also means for "blue PKs" that they have to wait 14 days before they can do the next "blue killing" in multiplayer mode. -> flagged for 7 days as PvP. -> regain protection at the oracle -> PvE flagged for 7 days = no PvP in any way for next 7 days.

For the ones who want to try PvP, and not "blue PKs", can test this the next 7 days.

17. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

How (not) surprising, and my point still why PvE and PvP does not mix.
    Make instances, one for PvP one for PvE, make it so you can switch to the other after 7 days.

No need for special zones or other ackward solutions

My bow can crit with 500 +- damage and i am PvE build and geared, go figure....

18. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

i do not wanna see two different facets. There is one community and that should stay this way.

19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that will only be true until the change goes in so the party takes the flag of the leader.

20. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

The problem is how chars are build, PvE and PvP are two different animals, and they do not play along, it will never be an community because they will ask for different solutions.
    Sorry but Sota would be the first game in over 20 years who pulls it of to make it work.
    Two instances and people can change with an 7 days period delay, with the griefers sorted out though you probably end with 50 pvp players.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.