The life of a Bludgeon user

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Badassery, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I never said that I thought bludgeon should do as much damage as polearm or blades. I just think that every tree should have a simple damage skill and some form of DoT. That doesn't mean that those type of skills in each tree needs to be equally good.

Imo bludgeon should be more like polearm. Polearm does a little less damage than blades, but you get a pretty decent amount of utility for it. The difference between polearm and bludgeon is that with polearm you can still do pretty decent damage all the time with skills that have some situational benefits, whereas with bludgeon you just do less damage.

2. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Alright I will check out his stream, I haven't stacked a melee ability in ages becuase I just don't have room on my bar with all the defensive buffs, Berserk, and other temp buffs. Thank you for the info.

3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Funny you should post this as I'm giving bludgeon tree some loving right now... Slight improvement in base axe damage, slight improvement in bludgeon str bonus, increased debuffs.

R60.

4. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

What should bow ignore? :)

Purie likes this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Of course parry :)

Barugon and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  6. Chris

Also, we are redoing how skills get calculated and also applied. This will result in all clients in the scene behaving properly. It will also fix the fake knockdown slide nonsense and other things, like troll jump timing and such. Likely R61 and not R60.

7. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

I can’t believe you forgot the bow Antrax! ;)

Purie likes this.
  8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

What about removing the "slight" word? :D
    I tried just some minutes ago on a not moving target with death shield and hots on, no way to kill him even if not moving and not healing directly.
    Tried with polearm on the same target 900+300, killed before counting 3 seconds.

Vaiden Luro and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  9. Purie

Purie Avatar

Slight improvement in bludgeon STR benefits mages as well. (wand = bludgeon)
    Slight improvements damage wise won't make much difference as the problems are something math wont fix as stated above :p

@Chris why is that no stat actually boosts bow damage. Sure strength does but VERY SLIGHTLY almost as it's meaningless. Dex gives 1% crit chance per 10dex yay... Every other weapon scales from str MASSIVELY.

This doesn't fix the issue that bludgeons unique CC doesn't work in PvP as they're quickly removed by tapping space once or twice. Could rend be changed so that I can jump out of the effect? :rolleyes:

Awesome fix anyway that i've been waiting for YEAAARS like many others.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I fear another nerf....

11. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

In all seriousness, how about another bow skill to help with multiple mobs? Bow still underperforms melee and magic. @Chris

Purie likes this.
  12. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Bludgeon strength bonus, I'm assuming he means the amount of bonus damage you get from strength, not the passive that gives you actual strength. Like I said tho, it's an assumption ;)

13. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

this is very good news.

14. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I am not a bludgeon user, but regarding PVP I can say that a bludgeon users cannot kill me and they are not even a problem. Bludgeon damage is inconsitent (atleast compared to polearm) but main problem is it cannot counter at all HOTS and HEALINGS like sword, polearm and even bow can. The only thing that makes bludgeon special is the stun that doesn't work at all cause delay ( happy to see that Chris is going to fix it soon) and even if they work they will in go in CD with others stuns and Crowd controls, so every user can have the same peculiarity of bludgeon ( every mages adding lightings to his deck, every melee using body slam or shield charge).
    Regarding PVE as I said I never used it but I have been in party with people using bludgeon, yeah it has a great role of support, but the main damage and dps is not done by him, for example with every weapon you can solo almost brainless a red dragon, but not with bludgeon. Since many bosses are immune to crowd controls, the main peculiarity of bludgeon goes away in most of the end-game contents making it a bit pointless as a choose.

15. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Alphaine can solo dragons with the bludgeon but even he switches to blades to do it faster. Of course, he has bludgeon at some crazy level (140+) and other schools at 120+.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just think of how fun it'll be to have those warp-speed skeletons swarm and bludgeon you into oblivion.

ZeCarlos likes this.
  17. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

If they gave Bludgeon a "Cracked" ability that concussion ability that lowered a mob or players Dexterity/Intelligence and did a DoT over time like Rend (cracked skull, broken bone type of damage that causes internal bleeding) I think Bludgeon would be good.

@Chris

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  18. Chris

I just fixed the skeletons...

Royou, Jason_M, Athanil and 1 other person like this.
  19. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I have that as well... and the DPS is still low on Dragons.

20. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Every time I've tried Bludgeon it was completely underwhelming. The base damage of the skills is just too low.

Antrax Artek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.