The life of a Bludgeon user

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Badassery, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

I would be fine with something like that, less micromanagement and hotkey swapping, more time hitting things and using skills

2. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Id be okay with that. Even better, make berserk a passive, reduce the avoidance penalty, and move it to the passive that increases strength. (That would help offset the arguably too good benefit people get from holding a stick.)

Antrax Artek likes this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

First off, this isnt about bludgeon. This is about you not liking your role. A lot of specs cannot kill dragons. There are a lot of specs that cannot kill undead,.... liches.... elementals... etc

As a bludgeon user, your role is to debuff, a sun mage CCs,buffs, heals, a tank tanks, a healer heals..... etc etc etc

Also, being a puritist in a game about decks and cards(glyphs) isnt a really wise choice if you dont have a diverse group to tag along with.

I'm a dual weilding axe berserker and I have no problem with it. (mostly because no one ever messes with my debuffs because no one is blunt >.<

Take a group with 8 polearm users and compare them to a team of 7 polearm users and 1 bludgeon. The dps increase to the TEAM that 1 players brings will change your mind about blunt. (Take 1 polearm, 1 blade, 1 blunt, 1 moon, 1 fire, 1 sun, 1 earth, and 1 various and you will see synergy of the likes that will melt your brain...... sun mage buffs fire and moon, moons debuffs, blunt debuffs, sh*t dies fast. The reason variety is good is usualy because attunement matters and debuffs dont stack (cant have more than 1 triple stacked punture or rend, break weapon, etc, just need 1 fireflies, etc))

so in restrospect: SYNERGY!

4. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

I dont want it as a passive that reduces avoidance. Nothing else has a passive that debuffs you and that would make bludgeon even worse than polearm for tanking.

No one is saying bludgeon has no value in a group, just that the benefits that bludgeon is supposed to have don't stack up.

5. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Antrax Artek I don't like the idea of a passive having draw backs. If Berserk were to be a passive, I think the negative parts would have to be removed and the bonuses reduced.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I'm perfectly agree, i'm just not sure it will help a lot even if passive if they reduce the weapon damage %, certainly there would not be all the empty times that there are now, but since i already tested double berserker (stance and bludgeon one 5x stacked)+firefly and with 300+ str critical hits are still pretty rare and low, seems DR mitigates the damage too much.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Hemswal The Descended likes this.
  7. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

I am adv lvl 117; 318 str; most bludgeon skills at 120; specialization at 80. I reviewed that skills on QA. Just reading the tool tips... did not do any play testing. Crushing blow damage went up by 15%. beak weapon; knock down; break armor; ground pound went up by 4 to 4.8%. Other changes were break weapon when from -1.5 weapon damage to -3. Break armor increased from -12 damage resist to -24. Ground pound went from 20% stun chance to 50% stun chance.

It seems to be a slight improvement. It seems like it may improve out utility in a group but our solo damage will not be much affected.

Antrax Artek and moko like this.
  8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Yea, i doubt it will solve the general problem of super low damage, i hope also Berserker skill and Crusher passive are tweaked to improve the overall situation.
    We'll see..

9. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I have to change my mind about this, having carefully tested the new changes in the QA I can say that giant steps have been taken, the situation has improved considerably even if one of biggest problems remains the global cooldown after using the Berserker Skill.
    Of course the damage cannot be compared to polearm tree but the improvement is really considerable.

More details here.

Royou likes this.
  10. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I couldn't compare apples to apples because of all the issues with devotionals etc right now. I will test again before they release it. Seemed to be better in the Rise but I kept running out of focus and could not fight like I normally would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.