Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The loot table, once and for all

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by DavidDC, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I really wonder what is going on with the loots. Every release when an item is added one of them goes into the wrong monster loot. Either the loot table is REALLY complicated to setup a single loot, or the guy doing it is outta his mind and do error after error, i would like to think its not the dev fault. But using my logic, i cannot figure out how can this be even possible and repeated release after release. Its demoralizing.

Here the latest example of fails of the loot table: The stone dungeon lich room boss, which is the room crafted from the rise lich room boss, can drop on every monster named Elwyn whateverhisname is, which has 13k hp. BUT the inquisitor roadberk, which has completly another name and location, can drop it too, cause its the same hp. 2 Different name, 2 diff location, same loot. Is the hp the main ID of who is supose to drop the item? Can you see the confusion here?

Not counting the spider room and rotunda dropping in quest mode only. There is 8 new dungeon recipe and blue print that drop, but rotunda, spider room and lich boss room (3 outta 8) are bugued.
    Last release was creepy dool, then aether orb.. then.. yeah it never end

The release is great, i like all the change, i like the dungeon, but error like this cannot happen everytime, it just look noob from the player perspective. First time it passed, but 15th over a 2 year course... Anyway i hope you get the picture :p

I really want to understand how this is working for SOTA and if it can be improved or what is causing this, maybe its the application someone made to edit the loot table that is doing all the error?

Anyway, this is NOT a hate message, its a please solve it asap message :p

FrostII, Griffler, Dhanas and 4 others like this.
  2. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

I only know 6 so far… the encounter rooms 1-3 from the compendium of pain and suffering, lich boss from ruins of ravenmoor, spider encounter and the rotunda from the hilt.
    What 2 other rooms are there and where can they be found ?

mass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.