The Mad Hermit's SOTA Home Walk-Through

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by TheMadHermit, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

No worries @RancidRat. I welcome opinions and suggestions from all. I will do more houses as time permits.

2. Leostemplar

Leostemplar Avatar

Thank you for your videos sir,
    i've watched many and found them very helpful.

[Thumbs up] :)

tazntaylr and TheMadHermit like this.
  3. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Thank you Leos!

tazntaylr and LeosTemplar like this.
  4. tazntaylr

tazntaylr Avatar

So true. I really enjoy watching them also.

LeosTemplar and TheMadHermit like this.
  5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Any idea when a Knight Marshall video might be available? I'm considering that option, need to compare it to a Knight. Thanks MadHermit for the excellent videos.

6. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Sorry for this but have you done\are you intending to do the row houses? Due to my Internet access right now I can't play the game and I am thinking of going up to a lord level so that I have both deeds and using the row house as my shop front\crafting house but I would like to see what it looks like\space to actually do that etc. Suppose I could have a different speciality on every floor since it ends up being 8 stories high :p

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Right now there isn't a row house with any space to place a vendor outside. (But there are wishes for one...;) )
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/row-house-with-a-shop-window.14562/
    So to get customers you'd need a sign outside that tells them what you offer inside, but we don't know how complex those will be...

With that said, it seems the best bet if you want easy access for customer is to have a no-house row-lot, with just a basement.

But for that kind of money $400 you can purchase (taxed) two village lots and most of a row lot. Or 4 row lots and some spare basements. You could have a (taxed) business in multiple towns...

8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

There are other benefits though, like not having to rely on anyone else for crafting stations :p and of course a HOUSE BOAT!!!!!!!!! :p

To be honest sitting around all day clicking "make this" smacks to much of work so I am far more likely to make a business hiring out crafting stations and the vendor itself (so other people can sell there stuff) than I am to be doing full time crafting myself. I play games for a storyline, not to bake bread. I go into my real kitchen in my real house if I want to bake bread :p

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Awesome YouTube channel!

Miracle Dragon and TheMadHermit like this.
  10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I did watch not only his SotA Guides.

I did also watch other Videos he did. He has a wonderful talent to explain, to focus the message on the important and what you really want to know. :)
    More important he has a clear and nice voice to listen too. Very, very important.

The main reason i do not use Voice in my videos.
    My voice is good if you want to calm down and need help to fall asleep.

@TheMadHermit

Loved your Video of teaching your daughter to learn bysicle. I have this project this year - My little one turned 4. :)

11. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Very kind of you Myrcello. Don't be afraid to use your voice. Get outside your comfort zone my brother!

12. Phenom Ill Il IlI l

Phenom Ill Il IlI l Avatar

From the City in the sky and house of Legend's
    My hat is off to you TheMadHermit. I love your work and I very much appreciate the effort put forth. You now have a new fan.

I think they should make you part of the SoTA team! I am sure you have made there job easier and made them a lot of contributions along the way.

13. Phenom Ill Il IlI l

Phenom Ill Il IlI l Avatar

From the City in the sky and house of Legend's
    Any word on when we will be able to see the "Elven house in a Hill" home?

TheMadHermit likes this.
  14. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

I think it's coming soon! Can't say when but it seems like its release is imminent.

15. Epona

Epona Avatar

Hail Hermit, I have more than a few questions. First, can you tell me if the city lot comes with a keep? I mean, a high-walled structure around it? If not, where could I get a keep structure? (I'm not referring to a building.)

Also, I'd like to know more about the Duke pledge. Is there more than one kind, one set on water and one set on land? If so, did you do a walkthrough video with the one on land? And, is the Duke house within the walls of a keep? And does it sit on a city lot?

Many thanks for you time and reply. Love all the videos you do and am learning a lot of SotA geography from them.

Cheers,
    Epona

16. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Hi Epona,

Thanks for your kind words. See my response to your questions below.

It sounds like you are referring to the Keep lot. The Keep lot is only available to Duke pledges. If you pledge at that level you can grab a lot of that type "with the big stone walls" when the game releases. Right now (in Pre-Alpha) Keep lots are in short supply. There are two in Ardoris and one in Owl's head that I can think of right off the bat. I am sure there are more elsewhere but you will have to hunt for them.

You can learn more about the lot types here.

If you are a Founder or Royal Founder you will have the option to place your keep on the water or land (provided waterfront properties exist). Waterfront properties may be in short supply. It is unclear if they will make sure that every Duke will be able to exercise this option or if it will be first-come-first-served.

If you are a Benefactor then you will not have the waterfront option. To find out what you are see the FAQ. Here is an excerpt:

What is the difference between a Royal Founder, a Founder, a Benefactor, and the Founder Pledge Tier?
    These terms are used to determine the rewards available to a backer.
    • Royal Founders: These are backers that made their pledge prior to the end of the Grace Period, 12:00 pm CST, May 20, 2013. Denoted by a white encircled “F” on the account page.
    • Founders: Includes all the “Royal Founders” as well as any backers that have a pledge that was either transferred or gifted to them by a “Royal Founder” or a “Founder”. Denoted by a gold encircled “F” on the account page.
    • Benefactors: Backers with pledges dated after 12 pm CST, May 20, 2013.

Here is a link to the video of the Duke Island Castle. This is the "Founder" version and is decorated (They don't come that way however). The Benefactor version has a slightly different shape and doesn't have a structure on top of the roof, but otherwise it is pretty much the same.

I don't have a video of it just on land.

The Duke Castle does fit on a City lot.

Hope that helps.

-The Mad Hermit

Leostemplar and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Still awsome work Mad!

TheMadHermit likes this.
  18. Epona

Epona Avatar

Thanks for answering all those questions, MH. I hope I get a chance to do something for you someday, your friendliness and service is so appreciated by all.

I am making payments on a Duke's account so I'm trying to get an idea of just what to expect.

Cheers, mate :)

19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great work MH! I've been following your videos since they first started coming out. These home walkthroughs are especially useful to me right now, as I'm finally trying to settle on a particular house/plot.

TheMadHermit and Miracle Dragon like this.
  20. Schwanke

Schwanke Avatar

Is there this somewhere for the basements? Trying to get a good look at the inside of the 5 floor split level village but cant seem to find any visuals anywhere except the add on page and one external site.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.