I want to make a great sword to use for myself. For that purpose I have developed the following Crafting Skill Levels: GM Blacksmithing GM Blacksmithing Masterwork GM Blade Weapon Masterwork GM Alchemy GM Enchanting Alchemy GM Weapon Enchanting Can I make a great sword weapon with this? Lets look at the math. (many of you have already done this, but I'm new, having only played for two years.) If I want to make a really great sword it will take three levels of Blacksmithing Masterwork, and three levels of Alchemy Enchanting. At my levels of all Grand Master, the math for the master working looks like this: First Round 95% Second Round 82% Third Round 45% (success rates for each successive round) .95 x .82 x .45 = .350 or 35% success rate - so the rest of my swords (65%) will have broken. I will successfully make a sword with 3 masterworks 35% of the time and the rest will break. The same exact math applies to my Alchemy Enchanting, so I am also successful 35% of the time and the rest of the time the swords break. If we extend the math to complete 3 rounds of each Blacksmithing Masterwork and Alchemy Enchanting the math is: .35 x .35 = .1225 or 12.25% success. The rest of the swords (87.75%) will break !! However, there's more math necessary. If I am going to do 3 enchants and 3 masterworks to a sword I have to have an exceptional swords to begin with or my durability will be completely used up. At GM Blacksmithing, I am successful at making exceptional swords 25% of the time, so the math extends to : .1225 x .25 = .0306 or about 3.1% of my swords will be potentially useful. However, that's not the end yet of course. Since the traits that get assigned to my swords through Masterworking and Enchanting are random, I play several rounds of roulette with each and every sword in an attempt to get stats that I want on it. It would be generous to say this can happen to 25% of my swords. The bottom line here is that at Grand Master in EVERYTHING, I am using to craft a sword, I only have less than a 1% chance of making a great sword. Something is wrong with this concept. Especially when MOST of the swords (88%) get broken in the process. How is that being a Grand Master? So maybe its designed to be this way for a great sword so you have to make 100+ swords to get 1 great sword. How about a "good" sword for a GM Crafter? Lets say you take out the third Masterwork and the third Enchant, and just make a "good" sword instead of a great sword. That math is as follows: .95 x .95 x .82 x .82 x .25 = .15 so I have a shot at having 15 swords in 100 be "good". Again, when you apply the random factor of stats, lets say 25% of those swords have what I want and that is generous. So I end up with 3 or 4 "good" swords out of 100. Wow. Its just so sad.