1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

The Making of Understorm Gold Mine

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by SorcerousSteve, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SorcerousSteve

SorcerousSteve Developer Emeritus

Hey guys, Sorcerous Steve here to give you an update on my latest map!
    The Understorm Gold Mine, a new Tier 2 Mine in the Longfall Region.

The Understorm Gold Mine is a functioning elven mine located in a mossy, wet cavernous environment made for the extraction of copper and gold
    [​IMG]

Much of the mine is dark but in areas such as these where sunlight comes in we can catch a glimpse of the forest above: The Longfall Woods.
    [​IMG]

Stalagmites fill this flooded area of the mine. [​IMG]

Moss covered planks and beams line the hallway that leads to the eastern section of the mine.
    [​IMG]

Banners at the mine entrance indicate the presence of elves, these may be elves that have now gone bad...
    [​IMG]

Mining in these caves is backbreaking work, a recent accident left this elf to be sent home in a body bag.
    A dangerous job indeed.
    [​IMG]

See you next time!

Esteben Zaldivar
    Level Designer

2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

As for @Vas Corp Por , the play of light is amazing. This mine looks good especialy with the mixing with greenery. Is it me or you really love mushrooms @SorcerousSteve ? :D (it's a joke, I know why you put them here)

SorcerousSteve likes this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

There are/were good elves?

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

It reminded me of a cenote on first view. Looks amazing. Great work!

5. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Really do like how this looks.

6. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Holy sh..
    the car was fast to spring the rails

somebody must have overloaded it to work faster and pushed a bit hard.... safety regulations not withstanding

PS love it :D

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Elves were originally created by the Obsidians, and raised to be evil. After the fall of the Obsidian Empire, elves survived and some made their own way in the world. These are the types of elves you can encounter in Blood River Outskirts and Vertas, who will converse with you and help you down the path of peace. However, others clung to their Obsidian ideals; these are the Obsidian elves that you can encounter in Highvale Outskirts, Vertas Pass, and Ravenswood.

When the symbols are shown, the green triangular celtic knots indicate "good" elves, and the blue square celtic knots indicate the evil ones.

Rosemourne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.