Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The most important feedback you'll ever read. Please read/answer.

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by tomsback, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

Yet WoW lives off of instancing. Go figure. Sure you CAN fly around the world and people do, but the PvP and PvE that the majority do is all closed instances.

LeosTemplar, Kaisa and Time Lord like this.
  2. stile

stile Avatar

I would be very disappointed if they did a lot of this .

I backed the game on the basis of the duel scale map system. The new approach to combat, and many other things .

To not have to spend 10+ minutes through the same scenery over, and over , and over again to get from point a to b. So then we add fast travel to avoid it all... Why didnt we avoid it in the first place?

There may be some but im not familiar with any major mmo's with full open world that doesnt have a fast travel system to avoid all the stuff your wanting.

Wow, lotro, star wars..

I also want player matching. One server for everyone and all the other benefits.

This is what i backed. This is what i was told would be made, and it was crowdfunded because thats what the backers agreed to .

It may not appeal to you. Id ask that you try it out rather then loosing good people, but ultimately to use an analogy your complaint would sort of be like going to a game that was crowd sourced as a western 3rd person shooter and saying bad things about it because they arent making a first person space flight sim.

Not being mean or negative so please dont take it that way.. But your disappointed because they are making what the said they where and what people paid for ..., i see this a lot and its extremely confusing to many of us.

Im not a huge fan of flight sims. So i wouldnt back one and them go ask for something else... And thats, when you get down to it , what a lot of people are doing with sota.

Id add that when it kickstarted i was there at the 00:000:00 start... But it was many hours before i pledge because i investigated the plans to make sure its a game i wanted first... Then i pledged low, and as more information was given and i continued to see it doing what i wanted then and only then did my pledge levels get increased .

A buyer has a responsibility to buy a chair if they need a chair.. And if they buy a foot stool instead because they didn't understand the difference, do we hold the store responsible?

I hope this helps somewhat in as to helping you understand why some of the responses you are getting may not be the politest. You have the unfortunate disadvantage of raising this topic as a negative, when many, many other people are doing the same.. And the majority see it as a positive and thats why we opened our wallets.. As a result people are getting irritated have to explain the same thing over and over.

I hope this explanation is well received by you as a positive as i do not mean it as a negative. Only hoping to help in why a lot of responses may be kinda ugly about the topic :(

3. tomsback

tomsback Avatar

So.. to address some of the wonderful replies I've received :p

First off, I wasn't saying everyone should agree with me, I said if you do agree with me, and you want the game that you love to be open world, then please don't disagree with me just because it's the internet. Try and be human, I know there's no consequences for what you type and you don't have to put any real thought into anything, but I'm sincerely trying to give some honest feedback here on what I think will be a huge detriment to the overall experience of the game.

I find it comical how worked up people get even over the best suggestions, of course most of you would want an open world, but you understand that's probably never going to happen, so you come in here saying I don't know anything about the game and the design plans and I should do a simple google search and stop complaining.

The fact is, it doesn't really matter what the plans are for the game, or how it's going to be designed, the bottom line is that we're not going to have an open world BECAUSE of budget reasons. You can say it's budget AND because of all those other reasons, but we all(some of us I guess, lol) know that's general PR talk and if they did have the budget and manpower to do it, they would do it in a heartbeat. There is no grand dream scheme for the instanced design of this game, when it comes down to it, it's a lack of money/resources, if you look deep enough into it.

Now that we hopefully (probably not) have that out of the way, I'm not even going to type up an explanation for the "WoW's pvp is instanced" comment, as even replying to someone like you would probably go to no avail.

The thing I really wanted to touch base on, was all the people commenting on how "bad" WoW's combat is, I understand most of you following this game are probably a little up there in the years, so you probably never got into WoW properly, and just saw it for what it was at face value, which was apparently a "stand still tab target" boring combat system. This is something I hear largely in the mmo community, I suppose it's because not many people have actually gotten into it, but I find this opinion very poisonous to the potential of future games, because I don't think developers should steer away from that combat system or at least the depth of it, I think they should try to replicate it, in fact, despite popular belief, WoW's combat system has NEVER been replicated.

Let me explain how that's possible. Games like RIFT etc, have indeed copied what appears to be WoW's combat system, but what it's missing, is the depth (and responsiveness, but we'll get into that later). If you play ANY other mmo besides WoW, you'll find that there's no synergy between the spells and classes, there's nothing skilled about it, there's no flow, no consequences for casting the wrong spell, no timing, no reflexes, there's no way you can use the combat system in an impressive way because the design of it is shallow, it's simply copied WoW's idea of having a few burst damage spells, some damage over time effects, and heals, randomly and recklessly assembled between all the classes hoping to hit that good spot.

Now you might be thinking, but isn't that exactly what WoW is? There's no skill to WoW is there? Isn't it just random "DPS" spells you SIT there and cast at each other?

NO. In wow there are things like stuns, snares, silences, incapacitation, blinds, DoTs, burst damage, reflects, disarms, immunities, rejuvenations, slows, AoE(Area of Effect) spells, CC(Crowd Control), wards/shields, Heals over time, temporary buffs, cooldowns, pets and their CC and dps, trigger spells, meaningful stealth with specific effects, all the other class specifics etc.

Now you also might be thinking, but other mmos have SOME of this stuff right? The difference is, is that they're extremely poorly done and aren't put together properly, they feel clunky, shallow and awkward, all those things above take timing and reflexes to execute properly at the right time in PvP or there WILL be consequences.

Now to get to me personally, which I'm not proud of mentioning, because I feel it detracts and cheapens what I'm trying to say, like I'm trying to brag and give myself a free pass for people to agree with me, I'm not at all, but I am an ex Vengeful Gladiator, from all those years ago in season 3(around 2007 2008). Also on the hardest and most competitive battlegroup, a lot won't know what this means, it basically means I was, give or take, one of the best in the world at the time, along with my arena partners. So I do have a fair bit of knowledge on the game, and I can tell you high end WoW pvp does not consist of standing there and button mashing, there's a reason why it was even an Esport in those days, if you made ONE mistake, wasted one second or one cooldown too soon or didn't predict or react fast enough to what a player was doing, you would lose, that is, against the top players of course. It was very fun, and a combat system that in depth and fast paced will probably never be made again in MMOs, this genre is famous for having boring stale combat, WoW actually changed all that, but it gets so little credit from the masses and went over most people's heads. Albeit very dumbed down today compared to what it used to be,(one reason I'm looking for a new game), it's still the most competitive and in depth, and not to mention responsive, in terms of game engine and camera control, they hit the nail on the head with WoWs natural feeling controls, any other of these "WoW clones", you'll notice how clunky they are, or have weird animations, or just don't flow the same, just never feel "right". Personally I believe this is why most other mmo's fail, because a lot of the times they release with more content and much more to offer than what WoW already has, but still WoW stays on top, I wonder if it's how smooth it feels but not many people realize that's why they're so drawn back to it? That's another story though. As for your stand still tab target combat, don't act like they couldn't just make every spell like a mages "cone of cold" or something, they could make it "action combat"(half the spells are practically AoEs already), but how it is now is pretty much perfect for competitive play, at least in that game style with that many spells. The game "Tera" is not action combat, even though it's aiming, every animation and spell locks you into place, it's extremely clunky, WoW is very mobile, you can move while casting or meleeing(most mmo's you can't move, and this is a 2004 game that had all these features), and there's flow to every spell in WoW and a reason why it's there. It's not bundled on to call it a day. You could say it's almost mathematical.

MMORPG PvP should not be about huge group sieges and be based on completing map objectives, it should be fine tweaked and competitive between the actual 1vs1 of the players, I don't have fun rushing a castle with 100 other people and spamming buttons, hacking away, running into the crowd dying instantly, respawning and repeat, or maybe I'll activate one of those dangerous ballistas or get in some form of vehicle! How exhilarating! I feel pvp like that is an insult to my intelligence, but it's what is considered "good" by old school mmo pvpers. The ones like me who crave depth between the individual players are a silent minority.

So why would someone like me be following a game like this? I know it seems strange and unbelievable, but I'm simply bored, and disappointed with the casual direction Blizzard has taken WoW in, I don't even believe they know what masterpiece they had all those years ago, even still, I don't know why I'm typing this on a forum of mostly roleplayers who would never understand or care about any of this anyway. I've simply accepted there will never be another mmo with WoW's combat depth, so I'm looking back to what made mmo's enjoyable in the first place, and that was interaction, immersion, and exploration. Those who want to call me a WoW fanboy, please know I despise the progression and game design of WoW, I think it's furthest away from what an mmo should be, and that's why, once it lost it's charm in combat and became casualized, now I can safely say I want to play a real mmo again. Of course I'd prefer a competitive combat system again over anything, but that will never happen again in this genre.

What Richard Garriott has in mind for an mmo I believe could bring back at least some of the points that make an mmo enjoyable and immersive, but all in all, I'll have to either wait for the game to release before forming an opinion like others here have said, or simply not play the game at all if it doesn't end up being open world, I'm leaning more towards the latter, which is a shame.

I know most of you won't even read this and I've probably been speaking another language when going into WoW's combat, but if you do take anything from my words, definitely don't take hostility, all I crave for is a good game in a very stale genre.

Joviex likes this.
  4. Valiant

Valiant Avatar

You sound like more of a younger person who probably started mmo's with wow.
    Just a guess.
    You know back in the days when wow first came out and UO still had alot of pvp, many gamers used to talk about how wows pvp was weak pvp and that it required not much skill because almost everything was done with a single button push.

In Ultima Online, we had macros, If you played a mage your entire keyboard was macro with spells, literally every single key on your keyboard, and you still couldnt fit every spell. There was 64 spells in UO for magery alone and about 30+ other actions you wanted macrod for pvp but couldnt fit it all. And thats without even considering the 40+ spells from whatever spellbooks you have besides magery like necromancy. Speaking of skill you truly needed reflexes and knowledge. Compare all of that to WOW's bars where most of the time your recycling between 5-6 spells or abilities and than using a 1 button immunity occasionally.

In UO you needed a button to dismount, dismount your target, remount, retarget, cast spell, heal self, potion cure, refresh because you ran out of stamina. You even needed a macro to open doors (more macros than i even can mention.)
    Im not just saying your wow pvp is pointless, i am saying that your seriously in the wrong crowd if you think your gonna come over here and say "hey copy wow pvp because its the best", i dont want to get into a battle over whos pvp takes more skill.
    Nothing can ever touch UO pvp. I remember many times fighting 1v5 (Yeah i was getting ganked but i killed them all) and i was literally teleporting across rooftops to single people out and kill them when they didnt expect it, all while laying paralyze+energy fields behind me to stop my followers. And theres so many more storys of pvp experiences like that too many to even tell. The open world pvp that UO had and wow lacks is something the world hasnt seen enough of, it is talent and mindgames on a whole new level.

When i first started playing wow, most wow players didnt even know what i meant by the word "macro".
    There is alot of history with pvp and UO also with Lord British and his team. I think they have more experience than your giving them credit for. He may not have stayed with UO but he and his team built the foundation of it.

5. tomsback

tomsback Avatar

I think my demographic has more experience than you OLD old school players give us credit for, it was different to what you think, more macros and spells doesn't equal better, and the whole control scheme and interaction with a game like the original UO and WoW is very different, WoW is very "actiony" third person and mobile. While UO may have had some good systems, I can almost guarantee it didn't have the reactions needed or improvisation that was required or the movement and placement needed like it is to be world top in WoW, I feel gratitude for being able to experience such a game system and I know how WoW was seen amongst the old schools on its release, and I really can't blame them, I myself am guilty of judging everything new as "dumbed down" which most of it is these days obviously, but rewarding and challenging gameplay was still very much around when WoW was first made, up to the Burning Crusade expansion at least. I don't blame you at all for feeling that I need some form of enlightenment on how in depth the really old systems were, and that what I think of as depth in something like classic WoW, is NOTHING compared to what you old school players have experienced, but I hope at the same time you can be open minded enough to realize you never played WoW at my level, and maybe there really is something you're missing. As I said, I won't judge if Lord British makes a game akin to the depth and gameplay of UO, that is his roots after all, and I know for some, this is all they've experienced and what they've held as the "standard" for a good game, and it probably is and will be better than all these "WoW clones" that have been made, but nothing will ever replicate the depth WoW had in my mind, and I don't expect such a classic developer to replicate it, and definitely not to do something better. I think such a fast pace/in depth game will probably never be made again unless the few who experienced the high end of WoW actually come together and make a game potentially in the future, I can see the crave being there. However I do wish a good MMO was made WITH a good combat system, and not just an MMO, or a good combat system, WoW was only one of those. A good combat system.

Either way, I know what I got myself into when typing something like this on a forum like this, so I do expect the most flavoursome replies, but thank you, for respecting my opinion and not replying with insults, you just stated how you honestly feel, so thanks for the respect, despite how uneducated you probably think I am.

By the way, my first MMO was Runescape in 2002. Moved onto WoW around 2005, while still playing both until 2007. Simply because WoW didn't fulfil my MMO desires. It had no fun, no exploration, no sense of wonder.

A part of me even wishes I could be a hired game advisor on a game that might be a masterpiece like this, I really think WoW old school pvp was a hidden gem, and the ones who experienced it have a lot of insight to pour into this genre.

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Actually his roots go back to some of the original CRPG's. He was one of the first to do an rpg at all, it was done in a punch card like fashion. That's why I backed him....for his earlier Ultima's...not so much UO.

You didn't get negative replies because of your ideas. You got negative replies by how you presented your ideas.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Tomshack I played wow also for over 4 years. I don't criticize it, I very much enjoyed my time there. No one is questioning your gaming ability, it's just your knowledge of this game. We've been in on months and months of talks/debates on all areas of what has happened so far, and when you miss the integral interactions like that then you are not in the know about the whys and what has been said. But no worries, it will either be a game you enjoy when it is done or not. Truly I don't believe the team of 30 Devs we currently have now are going to do as one person asks. I do understand wanting something wonderful and not being sure if this is it. That's why most of us are here, well and the fact that a lot of us did play Ultima and want some of the feel of that game. So we have the chance to impact some decisions being made in regards to this game by our feedback, but not everything will be doable or will be done just because some want it. :)

oops edited to make sense I hope;)

Sophi and Time Lord like this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Let me elaborate a bit on why I hate the WoW combat.
    For me combat should be exciting, fast, dangerous and deadly. Therefore I would prefer a more action oriented approach to combat. WoW is nothing like that, WoW makes combat a farce, something you can even calculate and this is certainly not what a combat should be like. One of the things I hate about modern MMORPGs is that you can calculate everything, even when certain items drop. For me this takes the whole fun out of the game and makes it into something completely different. THIS is poisonous for the genre as people expect every other game to be like this. I don't want combat to be caluclatable or to be predictable. Sometimes it has to be chaos. But every time it has to be full of action, movement, dodging, blocking, trying to attack. That is how I envision a combat system to work and look like. BUT if you want a tactical combat then why not use a turn based system? This would be the most logical consequence. But what WoW does is simply horrible.

For me WoW ripped apart the RPG genre. Exploration is not important anymore as you just look for exclamation marks and highlighted objects. Dialogues are not important anymore as you just look at what you have to do and what you get for doing it. Story is not important anymore as you can kill the evil dragon over and over again. Decisions don't matter anymore as they do not have a lasting impact on the world. Being a hero does not matter anymore as every other player is a hero, too. And yes, even combat does not matter anymore as the system is nothing like button mashing, calculating and waiting.
    If you think about it, WoW stripped RPGs to it's barebones but you just don't see it as it looks to be so vast and big and complex. Go play the browsergame Shakes & Fidget - this is WoW just without the 3D graphics and a world you can walk around in - and if you think about it, you would not even need the world in WoW. It doesn't matter at all as you just want to get to your next destination as fast as you can and do your next quest as fast as you can. For me WoW and everything that uses it as a model is an abomination that destroyed the term and the genre RPG and not only that but it destroyed so many elements that were fun in games and substituted them for something you can calculate...

9. KingRoland

KingRoland Avatar

he is right the instances are way too small ,i personally think it is horrible to have a loading screen every 2 minutes.

steamless open world wont work for an advanced housing system they use.

but instances need to be enlaged at least 4 times or more , that you will encounter loading screen maybe every 10-20 minutes, that most islands are 1 instance and the loading zones are mostly on the open water.

Caska DiFumarate and Joviex like this.
  10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

They said that there will be large zones and small zones. Personally I am ok with the size of the zones as they are right now. But yes, the loading screens are annoying but they are working on it and hopefully they come up with a more natural and elegant way of leaving and entering zones as I don't like loading screens.

11. KingRoland

KingRoland Avatar

i would like if they implement a system that makes models/props/items inside houses invisible and loaded in your screen only when you are standing very near to a house door and want to enter it to get a better game performance to enlarge the areas

12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Wow what a loss on my precious morning time...

crappy politics, crappy agenda, crappy agents.

I have given "such feedback" on multiple occasions and now you'll tell me it was ignored because I didn't title it the best feedback you'll ever read ? At least my feedback was constructive and could be taken into account without ruining people's souls...

I'll remember this affront.

Nobody cares what anybody thinks, especially about such non-important issues as pvp and open world. We pledged for a game and we already can play it. $*&( it up...

I'm leaving for work... pissed...

13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Could the game give us a choice to zone from one hex / scene to the next adjacent one directly, to simulate the connected world experience vs. forcing us to go to the overland map each time we want to enter a successive tile?

This might not create a mono-map open world, but it might create a highly immersive exploration game that really requires paying attention to road signs, markers, and other clues to be able to navigate the continent scene to scene, without looking at the overland map.

14. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I am having issues trying to leave town... I am assuming it has something to do with the zone changing from town to overland map. My game crashes with a runtime error.
    I completely understand the reasoning for dual scale map system, so long as the zone change time is fairly quick it doesn't bother me and the benefits far outweigh the time loss of game play.

As for the combat system with the random choice of skills available during combat, from my initial experience with it, it will be a failure.

If I have skills, let me access them as I see fit not as a random rotating choice. When I need to cast a fireball... I NEED to cast it... when I need to heal myself or die in the next 3 seconds... I NEED to cast it, not wait for it to randomly come available.

WHY has not one of you addressed/answered/rendered your opinions on the OP's original point on this issue? All I have read is some of you rolling your eyes at the mention of WOW ( a fantastic game that has more success then most of you will ever have in your own personal lives, don't be jealous and vindictive)... address the point of the "Deck" system for combat and its serious flaws (despite it being "cool" new idea) If its not going to work for certain basic reasons (such as I am mentioning) then scrap it from the start (which is where we are).

I have my own list of feedback on other issues but isn't the thread for them :)

Have a great day!

Sabe

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

To our new friends Sabe and tomsback, :)

"Feeling Comfortable is Never a Part of Anything New"
    It's very difficult to be a new and different game if the game is just the same as all the rest, or is styled in the same way. We as online MMO gamers have gotten use to "one way or one style" of doing things. Doing things in the same way is never innovative, it's only a copy of what has come before. So, we as humans never feel comfortable with new things and niether dose the rat when presented a new maze to gather his cheese from. Many times in our life, we are only just as the trained animals are, where only one way, is the right way and everything else requires us to adapt to what is new. Anything new is exciting to the mind, or reluctant because we are set in our ways.

"Our Development Team are the Renegades of the Gaming Industry"
    Our Development Team are, and have always been the mavericks and innovators of the gaming world. Thus, because they would not conform to the major gaming corporation's way of controlling their innovative nature, our developers all decided to set out on their own without an overseer big brother, who only want to complement every game they make by some normal training of their trained lab rat customers. When Richard Garriott became entangled with EA/Origins, those companies never had dreamed or had never dared to dream of what such games as Ultima and UO would ever be such as successful as they both had later proved themselves to be. Those games changed our entire gaming industry and every game that has been mentioned by the opposing (uncomfortable) players have mentioned, "came from those ground breaking Richard Garriott games". Our developer named "Dallas" has his roots from such games as "Wing Commander" which was also a record breaking success of early computer gaming. Our Darkstarr is responsible for the longevity and many of the innovations of UO, which is now a classic and has never truly died because it was so ahead of it's time.

"In the Terms of Our Game's Evolution, The Alpha to the Omega of Bravery"
    We have only within the R8 & R9 been able to use a weapon. R1-R7 were all just for creating the field to be able to play on. If we were monkeys evolving, "we only just got out of the cave and started waving our sticks around", so our judgement of an Alpha World by way of comparing it to a Finished World, just cannot compare right now, but later all other games will be forced to comply with these gaming renegade's new innovations which will cause them all to have to "refit all of their gaming designs", which won't be cheap! Nothing that our development team has ever done has been cheap to keep up with, yet is the product from very fresh and inventive minds and abilities that will challenge our ideas of what a gaming world should be. The larger company giants cannot afford to be so brave, as their corporate stock holders and board executives all need to justify their jobs and have some kind of controlling finger in every pie they create, "or get fired" because their usefulness is revealed to be how non-useful they are when it's comes to taking on the risks of innovation and new ideas. Bravery runs in Richard's family which extends to the very brave friends he surrounds himself with who have all been highly successful. Most of the corporation heads of EA & Origins first thought that Richard's gaming ideas were crazy and pigeon holed his projects in the cheapest offices they had to offer. Many would have thought his ideas as lunacy when he first began to let everyone know his dreams of going to space without being a scientist or an Air Force Pilot. But then one day he decided to rent a Russian Rocket to place underneath him and light the fuse, knock on the door of the International Space Station and say "Hi, I'm Richard Garriott... if you guys want some fresh Space Soda-pop and Cheetos open up :D"...

"Limitations Are By Their Nature, Limiting"
    And so, sometimes we need to remember where our leaders have lead us when it comes to new ground breaking games such as SotA, or remain as the lab rats of others that would feed us only the Soilent Green Cheetos of all other games past...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

16. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Instancing is not really because of budget. It's just a smarter way of doing things. We all made fun of WoW for it's instances at the start. But by now, WoW has gone back and retrofitted even it's "open" zones with instancing - just like everyone else. It simply keeps areas from getting stale. First it was cross server battlegrounds, then dungeon finders, then the open world got chunked up. Basically if an area supports say 20 people well, you will see 20 people if it has to make one instance of 1000. Again, all games attempt to to this. Some are just more more seemless than others.

I don't like WoW's combat system simply because there's too many skills and too many buttons. Smarter games (RIFT being a good example) allow you to stacks procs and cooldowns into the same buttons. And once you've played a game with active dodge, it's simply hard to go back. Things just feel clumsy.

That said, SotA has a very, very long way to go to catch WoW in combat.

Kaisa, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Time Lord like this.
  17. Samlee

Samlee Avatar

Our Developers are currently designing the knee cap, the complex of wrist bones, and shaping the pelvic girdle to support a full skeletal structure. Please stop viewing our current "game" as if it were fully fleshed out and entering the Miss Universe Beauty Contest!

We are in early stages of testing, and trying, and poking, and prodding, and experimenting with the incredible visions of brilliant and creative people.

Yesterday, I attempted PvP for the first time in R9, and it was a total failure. My controls refused to function, and I died repeatedly. PvE works fine. I was able to PvP okay in R8. Should I throw up my hands and walk away from our collective dream in dismay and defeat because SotA is not perfectly workable for me in its' current form? Not on your life! I'm going back in today and try again, and if it does not work this time either, then I'll try again in R10 - R200+, because eventually the problems will be solved, and my dream world will become functional for my purposes.

I have a good friend who is playing with a black screen, relying on Guild-mates to lead him around until a solution to the problem is found. Folks, THAT is dedication and belief in an ideal!

Please, be patient, be helpful, be encouraging. SotA will thrive, and do so soon!

-Samlee

18. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I was and still am disappointed in a lot of this

Try playing the game for a day next release, gathering, crafting, PvE travelling over the map re opening the same instance to get a bit more ore/wood kill the same Mobs in exactly the same place, when all the rest of the world is closed off for you to explore and gather materials. Its will be a very linear game for a sandbox MMO.

Kickstarter stretch goal for $1.5m included doubling the World (overland map) size and adding 20 extra scenes ( instances) that will leave a lot of empty hex's filled with NO Point of Interest (Unity placeholders)
    OR endless Player owned empty plot town instances. Does that sound like something that will last for 5 years for the extra episodes and lots more empty hex's as the map grows by about 80%.

19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I still think its a monumental error to try to be different by taking parts of other styles and patching it together...

this comes to mind :

[​IMG]

I would have gone radically different, with elements from their own style that LAST to this day (I really repeat myself alot I know)...

But if you take it with a larger perspective, its a good thing they put effort on the MMO side before shooting in single player elements.

Still don't like the overhead map... still don't like pvp... still don't like casting without reagents... still don't like soo many things that I don't feel "well" with it all.

But I know the hardest part is becoming solid, I don't crash anymore, don't lag anymore when I log in owl's head, the graphics are sharper and less choppy too, my computer likes it alot.

So really I'm happy because I would have invested in the game even if I couldn't play alpha... I would have played beta only so I'm going with my computer on this one and feel happy.

To me without a dynamic and sublimated community pretty much everything I don't like about the game dosen't matter, especially pvp and open world. They seem like child play to me which isn't good at all BUT...

Theres always a but : if they realise after a year that it dosen't catch on, it can change and become more like what true fans desire and feel ostrasized about.

Oh yes I still don't feel well posting in this thread, I feel insulted and used.

Don't you reply to me OP.

20. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Where was your crusade in May of 2013 when this was all presented to the public openly and honestly?
    You havent pledged yet you want to petition?
    Your ideal game is WoW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.