Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The nitpick thread

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by redfish, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

This is easy. Skeletons are created by necromancers.

They're created from corpses of living adventurers or townsfolk who carried some few gold coins in the ruins of their habits.

Hence, skeletons have 5GP. Problem solved.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

@trady,

Its not a problem to be solved, its about whether its good storytelling :) They may have had a gold satchel with them, but they apparently don't have any clothes, and only fragments of armor. So that means they lost everything except their gold.

There may be something we, as players, don't know about the skeletons though, since there are a lot of small things off about them -- not just one or two -- and I'm open to that :)

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Dreyfus tried casting a BUNCH of healing spells on poor Winslow. He is in need of stronger medicine!

cs2501x and majoria70 like this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

I would postulate that skeletons are animated by malevolent undead spirits (think poltergeists), this is why clerics can turn them. Skeleton mages are animated by even more powerful (evil) spirits who have enough power to create sound (since spells have to be chanted). Am baffled though on why they carry gold in the first place as asked by @RedFish - it would make sense if they have gold & silver rings and other jewelry but coins?

Time Lord, Siriustar and Tarsin like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol hey don't take the gold away. I was farming for gold, I don't care what creature has it, I will take it ,well if there dead that is . ;)

Wanting a take all on inventory bags, but that has probably been mentioned already.

Time Lord and Numa like this.
  6. grnarrow

grnarrow Avatar

Multiple people should be able to sit on large benches, not just one person sitting in the middle of it.

Kaisa likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Numa, it would make more sense, sure, but don't know if its necessary, and really a ring put on a dead finger would slip off when it became a corpse :)

Maybe I'm a different wavelength than other backers here, but I don't think its necessary for most monsters to have valuables... I don't like the idea of monster farming... and besides, you can always sell the swords if you want. They're a bit more heavy, and you can carry less, but a single sword is worth some money. Skeletons who wear armor should also naturally have on their person armor or fragments of armor, which can be sold or salvaged.

In a deep catacomb though, it might make sense for some skeletons to have jewelry and other goodies, and even in some cases magic jewelry (protective amulets, etc).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.