The others asked me for it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WrathPhoenix, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

So here it is,

This would be chris shamefully discussing combat while Starr is doing the Carlton in the background.

[​IMG]

KuBaTRiZeS, Peabo, E n v y and 28 others like this.
  2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Poor Chris is all "I CAN'T LOOK UPON IT!" :p

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Could you loop it in reverse to before he sits down so it looks like he is continually dancing?

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Like I said in the IRC, "This made my week!". Well done Kaz lol :)

5. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Can probably arrange that....

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

If you do that, we will see that everytime DarkStarr posts something ^^

7. Womby

Womby Avatar

A somewhat longer version:

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

A bit earlier in that clip, the facepalms of Scott and Gina were equally glorious - unfortunately they'll be covered by the watermark.

9. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

The devs should make this a regular feature of the hangouts!

There's a list of all the crazy 80's dances here!

Leelu and HoustonDragon like this.
  10. Selene

Selene Avatar

Awww.. you got me. *shakes a fist* darn you, Kendric Darrow!!! :D:D:D

Wouldn't mind a "puttin' on the ritz" emote in game, though!

Leelu, Vaentorian, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  11. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

You know, I don't mean to be a party pooper, because I can have fun just as much as the next guy, but these Hangouts have really just become a ridiculous mess. :oops: I mean you want to raise money, fine - Have a telethon and let it last for 8 hours and do these shenanigans in between 45 minute deep dives where things get serious. you don't have time for them in a 90 minute show.

Right now its nothing more then a circus. I really used to look forward to these hangouts but its turned more into a Big Chuck and Little John show (Its a Cleveland thing) then an informed video. They can no longer get into any rhythm (see what i did there?) because of shots, dancing, and looking up youtube videos. That is not why I tuned in, and I feel like they wasted 90 minutes of my life. I get it, I don't have to watch but the premise is a postmortem and preview with a Q&A session - not a telethon.

They rarely answer anything with sustenance anymore, and target simple, first time backer questions, that have been asked every release it seems, that they can answer in a minute or two. Anything with real discussion potential is skimmed over or avoided so more shots and dancing can be accomplished. They don't seem to have time to devote to these, how can they devote to a deep dive?

They need to make money, I get it - I just wish they would choose a different venue to do it in, or go back to the Postmortem Review Posts and simply take a few hours to answer questions there or in IRC without all the fan fare. :cool:

12. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Eh, to be fair, some stuff that folks are asking for is still in development slated after the final wipe, so yeah, there's a lot up in the air. I think they could do a few less giveaways to spend more time on questions, but I do appreciate seeing the Q&A sessions (even if I can't always make them due to work). It gives a nice level of involvement with the Devs and the backers, and is a good open process (like Chris bringing up that while Starr was not there for the KS period, he's been adamant about keeping it to their promises, which I liked)

As for the questions, I heard a lot of long time and new folks both being recognized and picked for the answers. They can't get to everyone, but FireLotus does seem to do a good job trying to get them from both the forums and the IRC channel.

Manerd likes this.
  13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Only if it's this version of "Putting on the Ritz" @SeleneNoctua :D

Doctor, Leelu, Ice Queen and 3 others like this.
  14. Selene

Selene Avatar

I like the hangouts with the silliness and the prizes. I think it is kind of a way for the devs to blow off some steam and NOT be so serious. It lets us see their lighter side. That said, I know they are very, very busy, but it would be nice if there could be a periodic youtube video like the "10 for the chairman" of Star Citizen where one of the devs sits down with just a camera and answers a limited number of community questions. They could open a thread for questions, then pick 10 and answer them more seriously without distractions of scrolling IRC and other team members chiming in.

15. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I do realize they try, I do. Its not easy. I guess I just think that with all the shenanigans going on, it takes away from the focus of the broadcast. Like I said, do a longer show where that stuff is added in, not in a short hangout. I applaud them for trying to do it all, it just leaves the broadcast a bit short sighted imo. But perhaps this is one of those things I just bow to the masses on. hehehe

Leelu and Cordelayne like this.
  16. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

So much this. Would love more focused and serious videos and deep dives. Weve had them before, would just like to see more.

KuBaTRiZeS, HoustonDragon and Leelu like this.
  17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

It would be positively great. Where do I sign?

18. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, I live too far away to drive in to Port to do the physical filming.... but I could post the thread, collect the questions, email them to the appropriate person, then, as long as they pick the appropriate number from the list that they would like to answer, film themselves answering the questions, and dropbox it back to me, I could do some basic editing, like bleeping out any curse words, cutting out dead air, and putting the question in text on the screen. The run time for something like that would be less than 10 minutes (unless they gave really long answers)....If the devs wanted to so something like that, I'd love to help!! I'm sure there are other people in the community with MORE video editing skills than me, but I'll put myself up for it unless there is someone more qualified who chimes in.

Maybe something like "Five on Friday" .... make it weekly. The person answering questions could do more at one time, though.. even 20 or 25 questions, then the editor could break it into 5 question segments. (less set up and break down time than filming each week)

Leelu, KuBaTRiZeS, Doctor and 2 others like this.
  19. Doctor

Doctor Avatar

Killer hips... not. Good effort Starr but drinking would have loosened those hips :p

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.